Mats 2018

Latest news and chat from the X-Wing side event European Team Championship.

Moderators: ETC moderators, Keepers of the Peace

Floody2
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Mats 2018

Postby Floody2 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi all,

Just a thought about next year. How feasable would it be for each team to bring 3 mats with them? I saw the ones this year and would much prefer to play on neopryne than vinyl. What do people think?

Floody
Team Ireland 40k 2010
Team Ireland 40K 2011, Captain
Team Ireland 40k 2012
Team Ireland FOW 2013
Team Ireland FOW 2015
Team Ireland FOW 2017
Team Ireland X-Wing 2018, Captain

jagosaja

Re: Mats 2018

Postby jagosaja » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:13 pm

To be honest, I would also prefer to play on neopryne mats, and it is generally a good idea. But I am not sure if teams are willing or able to bring them (not sure this would affect the price, and why would they risk their own property), so maybe this is a question for the organizer.

Both these years it was up to the orga to find a way to provide mats and they managed it with vinyl (my personal opinion is that those in Greece were much better than Spanish ones, and I think Italians provided them), since this alternative is much cheaper.
WFB ETC Team Serbia 2013 - Vampire Counts
WFB ETC Team Serbia 2014 - Vampire Counts
WFB ETC Team Serbia 2015 - Beastmen
X-Wing ETC 2016 member of Rules Committee
X-Wing ETC Team Serbia 2016 - Captain
X-Wing ETC Team Serbia 2017 - Captain

st1v xtr1m
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby st1v xtr1m » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Each team bringing 3 sounds like a great solution. =D>

Between 6 players surely there are 3 playmats. Even if they "have to" buy one before coming to the tournament.

There should be no worries about lost property as you can easily roll these up after each game and keep them on you between the rounds.
Justin&theOldOnes wrote:I think another way to summarize what's good in the Lizardmen book is to name the units that aren't good: Razordons.

piszczu

Postby piszczu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm totally for playing on neoprene - will look into solutions with orga during mettings for sure.

Asking each team to bring their mats would be problematic for several reasons:
- most of them will travel by Wizz/Ryanair and it would mean additional cost
- handling then during tournament - who is responsible, viable for any damage

Mats from Athens should be around somewhere - so there is a possibility we will get them to Zagreb.

For now it is one of points on my list, so it will be all discussed with captains and decided ahead of the event.
Team Poland 40k ETC 2012, 2014
X-wing HeadRef ETC 2016, 2017
ETC Chairman 2017, 2018

st1v xtr1m
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby st1v xtr1m » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm

piszczu wrote:I'm totally for playing on neoprene - will look into solutions with orga during mettings for sure.

Asking each team to bring their mats would be problematic for several reasons:
- most of them will travel by Wizz/Ryanair and it would mean additional cost
- handling then during tournament - who is responsible, viable for any damage

1. I've traveled to several system opens and there's always space for a rolled up or folded mat in the carry on luggage. I've bought several and never had any problems.

2. You fold out the mat on the table when you get an opponent, you pick it up when you're done. Not really sure what's the issue here? The mats wouldn't stay on the same table all the time, and team always plays on 3 of their mats and 3 of the opposing team mats. People will not destroy their own mats.
Justin&theOldOnes wrote:I think another way to summarize what's good in the Lizardmen book is to name the units that aren't good: Razordons.

piszczu

Postby piszczu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am

st1v xtr1m wrote:1. I've traveled to several system opens and there's always space for a rolled up or folded mat in the carry on luggage. I've bought several and never had any problems..
no everyone may be willing to fold them (I carry mine in arts tube) and I will not be forcing anyone to do that.

st1v xtr1m wrote:2. You fold out the mat on the table when you get an opponent, you pick it up when you're done. Not really sure what's the issue here? The mats wouldn't stay on the same table all the time, and team always plays on 3 of their mats and 3 of the opposing team mats. People will not destroy their own mats.
So thehe will be additional hustle of minding one's property though 3 days of on event. People will be paying for this, so I would like to spare them any chores and let them enjoy the social side between games as well. This would mean taking responsibility for mats during turnament ("I owe you" tickets like Hungurian Natio are great example) - at this juncture I'm not willing to put that on myself, but it will be one of the points on my list as I wrote above and any sulution will be agreed upon between orga, team captains and myself.
ETC Chairman 2017, 2018

Floody2

Postby Floody2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 pm

piszczu wrote:
st1v xtr1m wrote:1. I've traveled to several system opens and there's always space for a rolled up or folded mat in the carry on luggage. I've bought several and never had any problems..
no everyone may be willing to fold them (I carry mine in arts tube) and I will not be forcing anyone to do that.

st1v xtr1m wrote:2. You fold out the mat on the table when you get an opponent, you pick it up when you're done. Not really sure what's the issue here? The mats wouldn't stay on the same table all the time, and team always plays on 3 of their mats and 3 of the opposing team mats. People will not destroy their own mats.
So thehe will be additional hustle of minding one's property though 3 days of on event. People will be paying for this, so I would like to spare them any chores and let them enjoy the social side between games as well. This would mean taking responsibility for mats during turnament ("I owe you" tickets like Hungurian Natio are great example) - at this juncture I'm not willing to put that on myself, but it will be one of the points on my list as I wrote above and any sulution will be agreed upon between orga, team captains and myself.

Jaysus, you're pure anti criac, lad
Team Ireland 40k 2010
Team Ireland 40K 2011, Captain
Team Ireland 40k 2012
Team Ireland FOW 2013
Team Ireland FOW 2015
Team Ireland FOW 2017
Team Ireland X-Wing 2018, Captain

piszczu

Postby piszczu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Floody2 wrote:Jaysus, you're pure anti criac, lad
just covering all the options, so you can have fun in Zagreb and myself a beer unbothered :twisted:
ETC Chairman 2017, 2018

Return to “X-Wing (side event)- European Team Championships”