My first game of Malifaux - battle report

Gothic, steampunk, victorian horror with a dose of the wild west, how can you go wrong

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

madaxeman
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

My first game of Malifaux - battle report

Postby madaxeman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:33 pm

There's a vague possibility that there are lots of DBx-based historical miniatures/Malifaux/GW-universe crossover gamers reading this who may have seen my blog / website update already, but for those of you who aren't in that (probably small) demographic, I've posted a match report from my first ever game of Malifaux on my website.

It was a lot of fun, which is a great relief after having bought the rules and spent the thick end of another £70 (probably... don't tell the wife!) on figures and then having spent plenty of time painting and basing them up too.

For my (and my opponents) first game we set up an over-ambitious Mei Feng vs Sonnia Criid 50 SS matchup that we managed to get through in about 5 hours, which is not too bad given neither of us had ever played before - some of the combos were rather complex and I've tried to highlight some of the rules mechanics in the writeup

A brand new "Steampunk Hannibal" makes an appearance as well (if you see some of my other reports for other gaming systems, you'll quickly realise that he critiques pretty much everything I do) as well as a smattering of poor jokes and irrelevant video interludes.

There's also a clunking great robot who's almost a train and who hits people with an enormous metal bar as well.

What's not to like?!

Mutter

Re: My first game of Malifaux - battle report

Postby Mutter » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:37 am

Very entertaining, thank you for that ...

My first game of Malifaux is still yet to come.
N.I.B. wrote:I can't wait for GW to be sold to a company that actually care about internal and external balance.

madaxeman

Postby madaxeman » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Here's another report!

In my 2nd ever Malifaux report, Evil Steampunk-magic-using Marxist Drug-runner Mei Feng takes on a man on a horse and his big fat Edward Scissorhands best friend in a strange urban cowboy landscape as two players struggle again to get to grips with what the hell they are up to ..

There is kung-fu, there are dogs and eagles, there is a Sikh with a machine gun and there is a lawyer (sending guns and money..?).

Who knows what it all means - but as long as everything gets set on fire, it will surely all be good in the end!

GaryKaminski

Postby GaryKaminski » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:20 am

Interesting post. I pretty much enjoyed it. Thanks for the share.

dragonseyez

Postby dragonseyez » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Nice - loving the descriptions, and having my eye on the Rail Crew as my first toe in Malifaux's waters, it's cool to see how Mei Feng plays!
My occasional hobby bloggings:
http://dragonsize.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Malifaux”