High Elf Book Discussion

Platform for development and rebalancing of the game with Furion

Moderators: Furion, Keepers of the Peace

eriktheguy
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

High Elf Book Discussion

Postby eriktheguy » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:09 am

Figured a book-specific thread was better than spamming the main thread

With regards to 2015.9.27
Swiftsense (gives model ASF) costs 10pts for an eagle (2 S4 attacks) but only 5pts for a Griffon (4 S5 attacks)
Combat Training for the Dragon Mage seems overpriced (25pts to grant +1A +1Ws to a guy with A1 and S3)
Swordmaster Leader ability of Loremaster gives the unit a higher Ws than its leader

SuperJudas
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:47 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: High Elf Book Discussion

Postby SuperJudas » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:23 am

Agree with the comments above. Note teater I have not yet playtested this book, but it Loke great.
Swiftsense on griffin with I5 is auto include at 5pts, swiftsense should be more costly. Maybe as high as 20?

Silver helms: Since shield is an option, one should price it as an option. Nobody is going to field 3+ knights at A 2pt discount. Lower cost of silver helms and increase cost proportionally for shields. A very small problem, silver helms Looks balanced as they are.

Phoenix guard: Overpriced. Strenght 4 attacks do nothing. I would rather have spearmen as a blockers. 2.5 spearmen for the price of 1 phoenix guard.
Lower cost to 13 (same as white Lions)

Dragon princes: might be A little to good with strenght 4 at that price, maybe bump up price a little? Needs playtesting.

Eagle claw bolt thrower: bump up to 100 points? 4 of these are really good.

Star lance: specify what bonuses are on charge. Now it looks like it is always +3 str.

Banner of the world dragon: I think you need to nerf it more. 4+ ward save.

eriktheguy
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: High Elf Book Discussion

Postby eriktheguy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:10 am

SuperJudas wrote:Silver helms: Since shield is an option, one should price it as an option. Nobody is going to field 3+ knights at A 2pt discount.

Yeah. It is basically autoinclude at this point. No one really considers taking 3+ cav. I would consider removing them as an option if anything.
SuperJudas wrote:Phoenix guard: Overpriced. Strenght 4 attacks do nothing. I would rather have spearmen as a blockers. 2.5 spearmen for the price of 1 phoenix guard.
Lower cost to 13 (same as white Lions)
Dragon princes: might be A little to good with strenght 4 at that price, maybe bump up price a little? Needs playtesting.
Eagle claw bolt thrower: bump up to 100 points? 4 of these are really good.
Banner of the world dragon: I think you need to nerf it more. 4+ ward save.

Not meant to sound derogatory, but are you speaking from competitive experience and play-testing of this edition or just observation? It helps if you can post what your level of tourny experience etc is.
SuperJudas wrote:Star lance: specify what bonuses are on charge. Now it looks like it is always +3 str.

I agree because Furion's main rulebook doesn't include the full rules and although this technically is handled by the main rules you could make it a lot clearer by just adding one sentence.

SuperJudas
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:47 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: High Elf Book Discussion

Postby SuperJudas » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:13 pm

I should have said what I play. I have not tested out this rebalanced version, and I am not a tournament player. I have played a lot casual.


Return to “WFB Reworked & Rebalanced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests