The place to discuss the new Fantasy game of endless war

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Smith Kappa
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Alternative models; Empire

Postby Smith Kappa » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Good evening,

I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to Age of Sigmar. As always when it comes to tabletop wargaming cost is a deciding factor. Searching for a while I found a couple alternative model companies to fill out my warscrolls as well as some nice proxies I thought I could share.

Pike & Shotte
For characters or generals I'm an old school sucker for metal miniatures, the extra weight of a metal model always told me it was a general or special character. I found a nice range of models on 'Pike & Shotte' suitable for the Empire, between the 1400-1500s. They are cheap by GW standard being only 2 to 5 pounds for a highly detailed metal miniature.

Perry Miniatures
As for Infantry and cavalry I have opted to buy models from 'Perry Miniatures'. Just as detailed and personally I feel more realistic looking, these miniatures are around 18-20 pounds for 40 models from the battle of the roses time period. There are some Zulu figures also, perfect for cultist spam.

Sisters of Silence
I found it nice to use the newer 'Sisters of Silence' box set from 40k to use as greatswords as they have no sign of sc-fi technology, they could also be used as elves. Bare in mind the sisters of silence are rather tall.

Hope this helped anyone looking for a cheap alternative or to spice things up with a little femininity in their army.

Return to “Age of Sigmar”