allegiance question

The place to discuss the new Fantasy game of endless war

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

slannman
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

allegiance question

Postby slannman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:21 am

Say I have an army of Ironjawz with the ironjawz allegiance (allowing ardboyz etc to be battleline) Do I still get the destruction abilities ?

what about bonespliterz could you have all bonespilterz (to make certain units battleline) but for go their own abilities and have the destruction ones?

Clymer
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: allegiance question

Postby Clymer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:20 pm

You have to choose one allegiance. I don't have the page number, but the rule is in the general's handbook.

With my Beastclaw Raiders, I usually use the Destruction Allegiance instead of the Beastclaw Raiders one.

You also want to make sure that your army complies with the requirements for the allegiance.
warhammerfinn wrote:There's a direct correlation between the army that just beat me and what is overpowered.

slannman
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Postby slannman » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:42 pm

your beastclaws are a perfect example for my question which I think I didn't ask correctly.

So you take the standard destruction allegiance right? So what are your battleline units? because you need to be beastclaw allegiance to take certain beat claws as battleline. As you said you can only have one allegiance.

Clymer

Postby Clymer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:15 am

Yep, I see what you're saying now. Yes, I'd have to take a couple of units of Ogors to keep the Destruction allegiance.
warhammerfinn wrote:There's a direct correlation between the army that just beat me and what is overpowered.

SquirrelMaster

Postby SquirrelMaster » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 pm

You can always choose to take the battle traits, command traits, and artefacts of your grand alliance, regardless of your allegiance — it's in the FAQ.

In fact, you can have any number of allegiances, but you have to choose just one for your "Allegiance Abilities", which does not include making certain units battleline.

So if every unit in your army has the Ironjawz keyword, you have Ironjawz allegiance and ardboyz are battleline, but you can still take the Destruction abilities.
C. S. Lewis wrote:When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Return to “Age of Sigmar”