bit of help for the dad of a new player

The place to discuss the new Fantasy game of endless war

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Glenn
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

bit of help for the dad of a new player

Postby Glenn » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:46 am

After a visit to warhammer world with the kids a couple of weeks back my 9 year old now owns the storm of sigmar starter set and a few extra figures (stormcaste and khornate) from friends or ebay purchases.

is it possible to get the "warscrolls" for any of the AoS figures without buying the various rulebooks...as Christmas and birthdays loom I'm sure we'll buy him more stuff but at the moment we havent got the stats for the slaughterpriest or the whip wielding figure from the box set.

beyond that...in terms of buying into the rulebooks...bearing in mind my son is 9 and wants to play rather than read .....which books are worth getting hold of as he builds his collections?

its daft really......but kind of nice, i've been playing warhammer in one form or another since the early 80s, passing the torch on to the next generation is equal parts fun and wierd :twisted: :evil:

cheers

Glenn

n1ghtl1fe

Re: bit of help for the dad of a new player

Postby n1ghtl1fe » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:02 pm

You can get a free PDF version of each units warscroll by going on the a rules tab on the corresponding page on the GW website:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaughterpriest-with-Hackblade-and-Wrath-hammer

The generals handbook is probably the only one you'll need for the time being as it has the main rules and how to play and missions etc and then all the units rules can easily be printed off using the PDF's.
The Market Feedback Thread: LINK

Glenn

Re: bit of help for the dad of a new player

Postby Glenn » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:27 pm

thanks, thats a big help actually :D

much appreciated

Return to “Age of Sigmar”