Chaos Sorcerer Lord vs Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Chaos Steed

The place to discuss the new Fantasy game of endless war

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

mldemoss
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Chaos Sorcerer Lord vs Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Chaos Steed

Postby mldemoss » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:26 pm

In the General's Handbook there seems to be a discrepancy in the point cost between the Chaos Sorcerer Lord vs Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Chaos Steed.

On page 134 in the Slaves to Darkness section, the Chaos Sorcerer Lord is listed as costing 140.

On page 151 in the Warriors of Chaos section, the Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Chaos Steed is listed as costing 120.

As far as I can tell these units share the same Warscroll as the scroll for Chaos Sorcerer Lord has an entry titled "Chaos Steed."

Is there a separate Warscroll for these two units that I am missing? Or is this just a typo? Or am I missing something completely different?

Payce
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chaos Sorcerer Lord vs Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Chaos Steed

Postby Payce » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:40 am

The one listed on page 134 is the "updated" version (no real changes were made to him) that goes with the current books and rules, while the one listed on page 151 is the legacy version that's being phased out (but they still keep the rules around for) and HAS TO be mounted.

Most likely, it's just an oversight and a result of the mess that still exists from the legacy warscrolls. In any case, it means you save 20 points if you mount him (and the tournament organisers allow legacy warscrolls).

Return to “Age of Sigmar”