Base converters

The place to discuss the new Fantasy game of endless war

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Base converters

Postby welshpunk » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:52 am

Hi people

Being a confirmed 9ther I'm enjoying playing AoS too and saw a link recently for a company that did round bases that my old square ones would fit into. Cant ruddy find it now - anyone got a link? I'm hearing that events are now not allowing square bases.

Alex McGee
Music Teacher, Painter, Geek

Wales 6 Nations team 2015
Skaven & WoC
Most Sporting - Roll Call 2013, Tribute 2013, Bunkerbrawl 1& 2, Aftermath 10, Dawn of a New Age (joint) & Ill Blood 3 (joint)
Best painted Wood Elf army Roll Call 2014. Best Painting Nomination Tribute 2015. Best Painted Army Roghammer '15
Best in Race; Skaven, Slaughter in the Snow 2015

Lord Xcapobl

Re: Base converters

Postby Lord Xcapobl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:05 am

Here are some, by just using Google and entering "Square base converter". ... converters

Other than that, why would an event organiser ban square bases if the basic rules of the game admit that nowadays bases are nothing, except stuff to keep the miniature upright?
The only dumb question is the one you never asked, for you will never have an answer to it.

Re: Base converters

Postby Nibbles » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Because even if the event measures from the models instead of measuring from the bases, you can fit more models within 3" of the enemy if you are using square bases instead of round ones.
I do respect your opinions even when I do not state so, we are all free to disagree and agree here. And I certainly do not assume that my ideas about the rules would be the only proper ones. We all have our own ways for playing these games and that is fine.

Return to “Age of Sigmar”