The place to discuss the new Fantasy game of endless war

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Khorne Jnr
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

A Servant of Khorne in need!!

Postby Khorne Jnr » Mon May 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Hello all, am new to the forum !

Really looking for some help or advice on using my Chaos (Khorne themed) army in particular against my friend using Skaven...

Our current armies...

Khorne
Skarbrand
1x Mighty Lord of Khrone
1x Bloodstoker
1x Bloodsecretor
1x Chaos Sorceror Lord

20 x Bloodreavers
20 x Bloodletters
5 x Bloodwarriors
5 x Skullreapers
3x Bloodcrushers
1x Khorgorath
1x Bloodthrone
3x Flamers

Skaven
1x Skaven Warlord
1x Warlock Engineer
1x Plaguepriest

1x Screaming Bell
1x Warplightning Cannon

2x Ratling Gun Weapon Teams
4x Warpfire Throwers
2x Rat Ogres
3x Packmasters
6x Giant Rats
40x Clan Rats
40x Plague Monks

I wouldn't say I'm a very experienced player, my last game was my 6th I think. The problem I'm having (playing as Khorne) is the shooting this skaven army dishes out in particular the warp cannon. Our last battle was the closest where I've managed to destroy the majority of his army but my chaos gets wittled down as the game progresses from the shooting. As of yet i'm not quite sure how to win - though our last game was unfortunate where I missed a charging turn due to dice roll which may have really turned the tide :?

I've tried to maintain synergy with 'khorne' which helps and make use of the bonus attacks the secretor creates. One mistake I made was to try and be clever and summon in the blood crushers where I could have just fielded them in with the rest doh! Can anyone advise on what I'm doing wrong or what I'm lacking? I'm not sure whether to bolster my army with more reavers or deploy more ranged - in particular should I have chosen a skull cannon over the blood throne and lose the formation bonus? Also should I drop the blood warriors and khorgorath as I find them to be terribly ineffective from my experience...

Thanks in advance!
Blood for the Blood God!

Wiley25

Re: A Servant of Khorne in need!!

Postby Wiley25 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Id bolster your reavers as they are low wound count (if you balance like that) and are too much of a threat to be ignored. Use them as cannon fodder to soak up hos shooting so you can manouvre your juggernaut units into charge range. Also keep your skull/bloodcrushes to 3 models in each.
. That way you make most of the monsterous charge rule as well as not lose a 5 wound model with an unlucky battleshock roll.

Wiley25

Postby Wiley25 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:30 pm

And yeah, on a second look at your lost you need more skull crushers pr blood crushers, chariots etc. They can close the distance by turn 2, meaning less time out in the open getting shot at.

endur

Postby endur » Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 pm

The armies look balanced under the SCGT points system.

I'd just focus on using your fast moving troops and missile troops against his missile troops (i.e. use your blood crushers, flamers, etc. to attack his missile troops).

Blood Warriors are fine heavy infantry. There are only five of them, so in a battle this large, you can't expect much out of them.

Khorne Jnr

Postby Khorne Jnr » Tue May 17, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

One tactic my friend likes using is overcharging his warp lightning cannon in the hero phase and basically shooting it twice per turn (you can imagine my frustration) :twisted:

Wiley - I like that idea with the crushers though we can make them immune with inspiring presence to avoid battle shock. Plus they have a nifty 10 bravery rating!

Does anyone have any experience using the slaughterpriest and 3x blood reaver formation?

Wiley25

Postby Wiley25 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Ah cool. The main reason I split my crushers up is so each unit gets potential D3 mortal wounds. Rather than having a unit of 6, 2 units of three can deal up to 6 mortal wounds just by charging.

Khorne Jnr

Postby Khorne Jnr » Tue May 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Wiley25 wrote:Ah cool. The main reason I split my crushers up is so each unit gets potential D3 mortal wounds. Rather than having a unit of 6, 2 units of three can deal up to 6 mortal wounds just by charging.

What a great idea - never thought about it that way!

Have you used Skarbrand? Any thoughts?

Darth Cynical
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby Darth Cynical » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:41 am

Sorry for Threadromancy.

I trust you have tried Skarbrand by now? My experience of him is that he in unbelievably good. He just chews through whatever is in front of him.

Hold him out of combat first turn, pile him in on the second so he is incandescent. Slaughter and mayhem ahoy!
I'm invincible. I've never been vinced! Except this one time at band camp, by Warp-Ghost. :)
Feedback thread: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=97420

Return to “Age of Sigmar”