Is the new edition going to be what AoS was to Fantasy?

In the dark future there is only war!

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

Squigkikka
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Is the new edition going to be what AoS was to Fantasy?

Postby Squigkikka » Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Not a rhetorical question, but a genuine one. I've been away from the 40K hobby for quite some time, and began to look into maybe starting it again when I saw there was a lot of talk and hinting towards a big ol' new groundbreaking change.

A lot of it sounded very, very Age of Sigmar to me which is not good. Got be a bit hesitant to get into the 40K side of the hobby again, does anyone know? What's the general vibe veteran players get?

I read the Q&A posted on here, but I don't really trust GW much, I must admit. They're great at doublespeak.

Inquisitor Pravious
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Is the new edition going to be what AoS was to Fantasy?

Postby Inquisitor Pravious » Thu May 11, 2017 12:21 pm

I have played 40k since Rogue Trader and I am quite looking forward to the change. In fact I am at the point where I just want it now!

I think the fact that it will become more like AoS isn't a bad thing for 40k. Certainly isn't as drastic as the WFB change to AoS as 40k doesn't use blocks of infantry.

I'm still coming to terms with the fact that my Leman Russ battlecannons won't be as devistating as they were. Normally my templates hit as I roll low on D6s. Now it just means I won't hit as many #-o .

SquirrelMaster
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Is the new edition going to be what AoS was to Fantasy?

Postby SquirrelMaster » Fri May 12, 2017 6:34 pm

No, there's no way it could be as drastic a change as Fantasy to AoS.

Of course, there might be some AoS similarities, and from the sounds of it we'll be seeing some pretty big changes, but I guess the question is what parts of AoS would put you off?
C. S. Lewis wrote:When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Return to “Warhammer 40.000”