Pedro Kantor as Sternhammer's Strike Force Command?

In the dark future there is only war!

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

Dorn's Arrow
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Pedro Kantor as Sternhammer's Strike Force Command?

Postby Dorn's Arrow » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:43 am

I'm a Crimson Fists player who has recently purchased the Angels of Death supplement. I was excited to see the new Sternhammer Strike Force detachment available for the Imperial Fists and their successor chapters. However, upon closer inspection, I was surprised to see that Pedro Kantor, Chapter Master of the Crimson Fists, was not listed as an option for Strike Force Command (nor, indeed, was High Marshall Hebrecht, Black Templars High Marshall). Yet, Captain Lysander, Imperial Fists 1st Company Captain, was listed.

In a recent FAQ, Games Workshop clarified that a chapter master (though deliberately not listing Pedro Kantor - awkward) could be taken in a Battle Demi-Company, although such was against the 'fluff' (https://www.facebook.com/15756824760857 ... =3&theater). If such can be the case, why can't Pedro Kantor, as a chapter master, be taken as Strike Force Command, which is actually more 'fluffily correct'?

Any thoughts, folks?

Squidmaster
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Pedro Kantor as Sternhammer's Strike Force Command?

Postby Squidmaster » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:50 am

To be slightly pedantic, if the Chapter Master is going to war, its likely he's got a Company or the whole Chapter behind him, not just a Strike Force. Just to be fluffy.

I guess the Sternhammer is a representation of how the Imperial Fists are, but Crimson Fists and Black Templars have diverged from it and are now different?
How many Space Marines does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. Such is the work of the tech-priests.

Dorn's Arrow
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Pedro Kantor as Sternhammer's Strike Force Command?

Postby Dorn's Arrow » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks for being pedantic, it's important to get things right!

With that in mind, I'm not entirely sure about your fluff point. As the Crimson Fists are still heavily depleted following the Rynn's World disaster (at approximately half strength - see https://crimsonfistsfluff.wordpress.com ... -overview/), it is feasible for the Chapter Master to lead a Sternhammer detachment. Particularly as the 'company' system is largely in tatters.

Interesting theory about the absence of Pedro. I'm not convinced though...

Return to “Warhammer 40.000”