Warhammer 40,000 Age of the Imperium

In the dark future there is only war!

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

TheWanderer78
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Warhammer 40,000 Age of the Imperium

Postby TheWanderer78 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:38 pm

As Age of Sigmar has grown and developed over the past year, the strengths and unique characteristics of its streamlined rules system have become more readily apparent to many wargamers. However, there are many gamers out there who love the background and models of 40k, but are turned off by how convoluted the game has become over the past years.

With that in mind, I've begun developing a homebrew 40k system based off the rules of Age of Sigmar. Initially the project started as a Facebook post on an AoS group page, but after an overwhelmingly positive response, I've created a Facebook group for the project. I've had a lot of great input from people regarding creating warscrolls and tweaking rules, and we can always use more hobbyists, regardless of experience level, to give us input and help playtest the warscrolls.

Feel free to visit our group and add yourself to the page. The more people we have contributing, the better (and sooner!) we can have a set of rules ready for regular play.

Here's the link to the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ageoftheimperium/

As a side note, there is also obviously a vocal playerbase who detest AoS and aren't afraid to share their opinions, usually in an aggressive or hostile manner. If you're not interested, please just move along.

Thanks!
Friends don't let friends play Skaven.

Badger
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Warhammer 40,000 Age of the Imperium

Postby Badger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Rumors has it that we will see a new edition og Warhammer 40K in the spring of 2017, and that it will be more like Age of Sigmar when it comes to rules to make it easier to get in to for new players.
Too many armies, too little time...

Return to “Warhammer 40.000”