Space Wolves Help

In the dark future there is only war!

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

Jamstrap
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Space Wolves Help

Postby Jamstrap » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Hey, I'm relatively new to 40K and I'm starting Space Wolves.
Now after some research and window shopping I've come up with these lists that I feel might be a good starter around my price range.
I'd like your input on if i should remove or add anything. I'll also state the prices of the lists so you have a better idea of what I could build.

As for style of play I like well balanced but mainly assault/small elite.

So list one and the one I'm currently leaning towards:

-Land Raider Crusader - Heavy / Transport
-Terminators
-Arjac Rockfist
(So with the above I also get the Arjac's Shieldbrother formation.. But the Terminators and Crusader also can go towards different formations in the future)
- Space Wolves Pack (probably Grey Hunters)
- Start Collecting box ( which gives me a wolf lord HQ, 10 more marines and 3 TWC)
If i go to the online discount sites that would cost me roughly £130/£140

The other list I have is pretty much the same as the Warriors of the Fang Box but just get extra TWC:

-Drop Pod - Transport
-Space Wolves Pack
-Long Fangs - Heavy
-Skyclaws - Fast
-Start Collecting box ( which again gives me a wolf lord HQ, 10 more marines and 3 TWC)
This will cost me roughly £118.. or if I drop this and just get the Warriors Boxset it will be £102

So anyway you probably have a good idea what i'm working with here.. I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Jamstrap

Gaz Taylor

Re: Space Wolves Help

Postby Gaz Taylor » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:31 am

I'm not an expert but it looks good, especially as a starting force. Bear in mind that the Space Wolf Codex got an update recently via the Wulfen book, so they now have access to units of Wulfen as well as formations like the newer codexes.

Jamstrap

Re: Space Wolves Help

Postby Jamstrap » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:14 pm

Yeah i saw that.. will have a look and see if i should alter the list. I just dont like the wulfen models much 8-[

Return to “Warhammer 40.000”