In the dark future there is only war!

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

PeteStewardson
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Help with Chaos Marine iconage

Postby PeteStewardson » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi everyone :smt006 Newbie on here so please be gentle haha

OK so about 25 years ago I used to paint warhammer models but haven't done since. In an effort to get my 7yo son off the computer a bit I've decided to re-kindle my interest and see if I can get him to pick it up, kind of father/son time as well as a bonus.

So after looking about he likes Ultramarines, can't knock him on that, probably not the most complicated to get started on either so we're going with that. I bought a batch of Space marines off ebay for my son and I've cleaned them off and base coated them Chaos black for him to get going with, nice cheap way for him to have an impressive army. On Saturday I'm taking him into one of the local GW shops for a painting lesson as well, since he might take direction better from someone else to begin with. Didn't even know you could do these free sessions, really good idea.

He said I had to paint some 'baddies' though so I decided to go with Chaos Marines. And this is where the trouble started.

I bought myself one of the Start Collection Chaos Space Marines sets, but then also bought an abaddon converted lord off ebay. I was thinking of stripping the model and painting everything in the red on the photos on the box. Thing is the model was painted so well I'm re-thinking and so I think I'm going to go with a black legion scheme.

Now to my issue. In the start collecting box, none of the shoulder pads have the Eye of Horus on them from what I can see. Without studying Codex for months, can anyone tell me what the best options are to maintain a Black Legion scheme, but with what is in the box? I thought maybe I could by some shoulder pads but GW don't seem to sell anything like that. It seems odd to exclude one of the main Legions from a starter box set. Unless I'm going completely nuts here.

Daddy troll
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Help with Chaos Marine iconage

Postby Daddy troll » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:40 pm

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Sons ... sfer-Sheet

Not particularly cheap but cheaper than sourcing bits from Ebay etc. They're good quality though.
Be pure, be vigilant, behave!

Screw that Clinton, I ain't goin' up there...

Any of you lily livered varmints want to slap leather with me?

PeteStewardson
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Help with Chaos Marine iconage

Postby PeteStewardson » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:51 pm

I ordered some metal shoulder pads, and then found the transfer sheet full of the right stickers... Oh well lol

Return to “Warhammer 40.000”