Codex changes ideas

In the dark future there is only war!

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Codex changes ideas

Postby gladius » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:13 pm

Hello all! I have been playing with my nids recently and my friends have said, and i agree, that nids need a new codex. We came up with a few ideas together and I want to see what people think of them.

-make trygons, mawlocs, tyrranofexes and maybe the swarmlord gargantuan creatures but they can only stomp once and maybe have a reduced movement.
-Give the swarmlord a 2+ armour save, an invun outside of close combat and make his warlord trait a special rule.
-give them access to some unique fortifications.
-add a gargantuan creature like a dominatrix as a lord of war choice.
-shadow in the warp could make psykers unable to cast and won't contribute warp charge points when within 12".
-put all the available formations and some new ones in the dex.
-bring back the awesome custom units nids are supposed to have fluff wise.
-give primes access to wings.
-D weapons!
-improve the ap of our anti tank stuff e.g.: The rupture cannon.
-bring back synapse giving eternal warrior.

These are my ideas for some changes but what do you guys think? I don't think this is too much more powerful than some other dexs 'cough' eldar 'cough' necrons 'cough'
Hello! Please check out my fanfic on Its got some pretty positive reviews so far so please check It out.

Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Codex changes ideas

Postby SquirrelMaster » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:59 am

I think trying to balance a codex against the strongest of what else is out there, is a flawed strategy that leads to power-creep. The aim should be to balance a codex against the average of all the books that are already out there, which means making it a lot weaker than the strongest ones.
C. S. Lewis wrote:When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Codex changes ideas

Postby n1ghtl1fe » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:14 pm

I'd be surprised if anything like any of those suggestions get put into the new book. GW would sell a lot more Tyranids because then they'd be a top tier army but I can't see it.

You'll mostly likely get the Tau treatment. A compiling of current rules sets with formations and a Tyranid specific detachment added.

Tyranids are good as they are and if the list is built and played right, they can be very competitive.
The Market Feedback Thread: LINK

Return to “Warhammer 40.000”