X-Wing (side event)- European Team Championships

Latest news and chat from the X-Wing side event European Team Championship.

Moderators: ETC moderators, Keepers of the Peace

dakeryus
ETC Chairman
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

X-Wing (side event)- European Team Championships

Postby dakeryus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:19 am

Hi All,
We have opened an X-wing ETC forum to help organise an X-wing event in Athens in 2016. It gives X-wing players a chance to come and meet players from other countries and enjoy X-wing as a team event.

At the time of writing the X-wing format for Athens is not set. The ETC is “by the players for the players” so the X-wing players at the ETC get to decide the format of the event.

The ETC is also a team event so you get a great excuse for you and a few friends to go away for a weekend together to play your favourite game with like minded enthusiasts.

So what needs to happen next
(1) People need to declare an interest by posting on this forum
(2) People need to volunteer to help organise the event on the forum either as team captains, moderators, etc.
(3) The community needs to decide on the format for the X-wing. What missions should be played, What an X-wing team should look like, etc

pizzaguardian

Re: X-Wing (side event)- European Team Championships

Postby pizzaguardian » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:55 am

I am interested in helping as much as i can. You say it is a side-event, so will it overlap with 40k or Fantasy or is it going to be small tournaments that ar ran at the night?
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

dakeryus
ETC Chairman

Postby dakeryus » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:07 am

The event will run in parallel with the WHFB, 40K, FOW ETC events.
But folks may want to meet the day before to get a few games in. We will have access to the venue on Wednesday morning and we get kicked out of Sunday night. In between it is available

salnihra

Postby salnihra » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:44 am

This is great news!

An X-wing event was overdue in the ETC setting. With its solid and ever growing player base, I hope and believe that X-wing will be great addition to the ETC.

I look forward to help you guys the best I can.
Halil Kardicali
X-Wing ETC Team Turkey 2016 - Captain
X-Wing ETC 2016 Game Master

Floody2

Postby Floody2 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:33 pm

I would like to be involved in organisation, as captain of Team Ireland.
Team Ireland 40k 2010
Team Ireland 40K 2011, Captain
Team Ireland 40k 2012
Team Ireland FOW 2013
Team Ireland FOW 2015
Team Ireland FOW 2017
Team Ireland X-Wing 2018, Captain

kgkid
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby kgkid » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 pm

Excellent news!
I have no doubt Serbia would come up with a team for X-Wing!
Just do not give up! Hopefully this might become part of regular event. It is different from other systems played, well supported by manufacturer, and with a strong tournament scene all over the world.
May the Force be with you! :D
Cool it kid, you've got your life to live...

9th Age: Army Book Committee - Dwarven Holds

ETC 2012 WHFB Team Serbia - Dwarf
ETC 2013 Orga's little helper, Medic to the Irish, Wearer of The Kilt
ETC 2014 WHFB Team Serbia Spokesdwarf and The Worst Player
ETC 2015 WFHB Team Serbia Spokesdwarf
ETC 2016 T9A Team Serbia - Dwarf

salnihra

Postby salnihra » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Hello,

I would like to be involved in the organisation as well, as captain of Team Turkey.

Cheers,

Halil Kardıçalı
Halil Kardicali

severian
ETC Chairman

Postby severian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:06 pm

For the beginning inform as much people as possible and all captain wannabes should apply here and when we gather some numbers we can start discussing things like rules packs, number of games, team members....
Lizardman player ETC 2011
Manager of the WHF team Serbia
Head Organizer for ETC 2013
Chairman and Head Organiser2013/2014
Chairman 2014/2016
Member of team Serbia 9th Age ETC 2017
Here we stand!!!

Durrin

Postby Durrin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:47 pm

I agree with Severian. Inform as many ppl as possible and any wannabe captains post here and/or send me a pm to have a more clear view of the teams. There are teams that have already expressed interest. We also have received a very good rulespack that can be a first draft. We are very excited about making this xwing tournament to happen :)

Cheers,
Theodore
ETC 2013 Novi Sad - Team Greece Coach
ETC 2014 Novi Sad - Team Greece Head Coach 3rd Place
ETC 2015 Prague - Team Greece Non Playing Captain
ETC 2016 Athens - Head Orga

meldon

Postby meldon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Well we have started discussing it over on the Team Northern Ireland forum, I am putting myself forward as captain for Northern Ireland.

If there is a possible draft could we get it posted so people have an idea where we are starting from.
ETC Northern Ireland 40K 2011-2013
ETC Northern Ireland Warhammer 2009-2010

Feedback Thread: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=103642

jagosaja

Postby jagosaja » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:22 pm

I second the post above, regarding draft version, can we get something to know how to start organizing ourselves?
WFB ETC Team Serbia 2013 - Vampire Counts
WFB ETC Team Serbia 2014 - Vampire Counts
WFB ETC Team Serbia 2015 - Beastmen
X-Wing ETC 2016 member of Rules Committee
X-Wing ETC Team Serbia 2016 - Captain
X-Wing ETC Team Serbia 2017 - Captain

jagosaja

Postby jagosaja » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Ok, so here is the draft version of the rules we in Serbia came up with:

1) Pairing system will be done in the same way as ETC WFB system. This means there is no limitation considering pairing between factions (rebel-rebel, emp-emp, scum-scum matchups are possible). I will explain this if required.
2) Each team consists of 4 players.
3) Each team has to have one list from each of factions. The fourth list can be made out of any faction.
4) Unique pilots and upgrades can be taken once per each team.
5) The ships from the fourth list have to be different from the ships from the other list of the same faction.

Lists will be 100 points each. Usual FFG tournament rules apply.

Please make comments or suggestions. If required I will explain reasons due to which we imposed such limitations.

Netice

Postby Netice » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi,
France would come up with a team for X-Wing!

X-wing Team Orga of France can help you if you can.

This event could be set up in T3 (http://www.tabletoptournaments.net) ?
Because almost all X-wing events are posted in.

I hope this event will become usual and unavoidable annually

----
Netice
Member of X-wing Team Orga of France

severian
ETC Chairman

Postby severian » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:37 pm

Welcome France! Please notify as many people as possible so that we can prepare event up front for the adequate number of people.
Chairman 2014/2016
Here we stand!!!

FrereSender

Postby FrereSender » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi there !

I'm FrereSender from France.

There is in 2 weeks the Belgian National Championship with some players from different nationalities (56 belgian, 33 french, 14 dutch, 4 german and 2 polish), and I know a few spanish players ; I will try to talk about the event to them.

meldon

Postby meldon » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Just to clarify about the 4th squad, when you say different ships, does this mean completely different types or just different cards.

So for example would an alpha squadron and an avenger squadron count as different ships even though they are both interceptors?

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to see what the idea is overall :oops:

Also I presume if the imperial player has Boba Fett the Scum player is not allowed the same character even though the cards are different?

Thanks
ETC Northern Ireland 40K 2011-2013
ETC Northern Ireland Warhammer 2009-2010

Feedback Thread: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=103642

jagosaja

Postby jagosaja » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Well it is an idea in development. I meant different ships, so yes, alpha squadron and an avenger squadron don't count as different ships but same. The idea behind this is to avoid builds such as Han Solo + ZZZ and the second list Chewbacca+ ZZZ, or even worse IG-2000 B and C and the other list A and D. We would like the tournament to be fun as well as competitive.

As for Boba Fett, it is the same guy, so you can't take him both in Scum and Imperial lists.

salnihra

Postby salnihra » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Fellow X-wing enthusiasts,

Please see below a draft X-wing team tournament rules pack for ETC 2016. It is a proposal filled with culminated ideas and I present it to you with hopes that it will provide us a good discussion platform.

Compliments should go to Team Serbia and Theodore for their support and collaboration.

Event: ETC X-wing 2016
Venue: Greece
Date: August ... 2016
Ticket Price: TBD
Timetable: TBD
Approved Waves: All models including Wave 8 (possibly)
Lists due: June ... 2016 to etcxwinglists@gmail.com

Players per Team: 6 (teams must follow the nationality requirements of the ETC Charter). A team may also include a non-playing coach/manager. The coach can be used as a substitute player, using the army of the player he replaces.

Team Restrictions: Each team must consist of the following factions:
2 Rebels
2 Imperial
2 Scum&Villany

Unique named pilots and upgrades may only appear once in a team. There can be no identical lists in a team’s roster.

Each player must also specify which 3 obstacle he/she will use throughout the tournament in his list. Both asteroids and debris fields can be used for obstacles.

Model and upgrade card cut-off: Only models and cards released by June .., 2016 may be used. FAQs published until the date of the event will be applicable in the tournament.

Rules: Star Wars X-wing Miniatures Game Rules of Play and all applicable Errata and FAQ’s

Pairing System: For round one, teams will be paired randomly. For rounds 2 to 5, teams will be paired using the Swiss Chess system (i.e. 1st on the leaderboard plays 2nd, 3rd plays 4th etc.), with the exception that rematches will be avoided. Total Team Margin of Victory Score will be taken into consideration when determining rankings between teams that have the same point.

Top 8 teams after 5 round of gaming will move forward to Elimination Rounds. Pairings in the elimination rounds will be determined according to Swiss results. Top 8 teams will be seeded per their team rankings, the Team which ranked highest will be paired with the lowest ranked team, the second-highest team will be paired with the second-lowest team, and so on. A team which loses in the elimination round is removed from the bracket and the remaining teams are paired using the same system where the highest ranked team will play with the lowest ranked team until there is only one remaining team who will be proclaimed the champion.

The players will be matched up using the following system:
1. Team A puts up one if its 6 squads, Team B does the same.
2. Team A puts up two squads against the one put up by Team B, Team B does the same.
3. Team A chooses one of the two squads put up by Team B to be played against the squad first put up by team A and determines one pair, Team B does the same.
4. The squads that did not get chosen return to the team pool.
5. Team A puts up one if its 4 remaining squads, Team B does the same.
6. Team A puts up two squads against the one put up by Team B, Team B does the same.
7. Team A chooses one of the two squads put up by Team B to be played against the squad first put up by team A and determines one pair, Team B does the same.
8. The squad of Team A that did not get chosen by team B plays against the last squad remaining in the pool of Team B. The squad of Team B that did not get chosen by team B plays against the last squad remaining in the pool of Team A.
Once the parinigs are done the players move to deployment. Star Wars X-wing Miniatures Game Rules of Play and all applicable Errata and FAQ’s shall be applicable for the game rules and deployment prinicples. Each player sets forth it’s chosen obstacles to the board at the same time to form an obstacle pool of 6 Then they proceed to place them as usual, picking any of the six pieces from this pool of obstacles.
Schedule
TBD

Scoring System: Standard Star Wars X-wing Miniature Game Tournament Rules scoring, a win is 5 victory points (“VP”), a modified win is 3 VP, a draw is 1 VP.

The player with the greater score at the end of the game receives a win, and his opponent receives a loss. If the winning player’s score is fewer than 12 points more than his or her opponent’s score, that player receives a modified win. If both players have the same score, the game ends in a draw.

Margin of Victory ("MoV"): At the end of each match, the player who has destroyed more squad points adds the amount by which his score exceeds his opponent’s score to 100 and records it on his or her score sheet. The player who has destroyed fewer squad points subtracts the same amount from 100 and records it on his or her score sheet.If a player destroys all of his opponent’s ships, his opponent’s squad is worth 100 squad points, even if it is worth fewer squad points to begin with. If both players destroy an identical number of squad points, each player receives a Margin of Victory of 100 points. If a player concedes the match, all of his remaining ships are destroyed.
The VP’s and MoV scored in each game are added to team's score. The leaderboard will be sorted primarily by VP’s, and then by MoV’s.

Timings:
1. Each round will last for a total of 90 (15+75) minutes. A round is divided into 15 minutes of pairings and 75 minutes of game time.
2. Any players not paired after 15 minutes should be randomly paired.

If you feel your opponent is slow-playing, then the following procedure should be used;
1 - Ask him nicely to speed up a bit.
2 - Tell your captain, who should speak to the opposing captain who should tell the player to speed up.
3 - Inform a referee

List Submission: Captains must submit their team's rosters by 23:59 (CET) on ../../15. Lists should be emailed to etcxwinglists@gmail.com. The lists should include the following information:
- Player's name
- Player's team
- Faction
- The details of each ship, pilot and upgrade cards.

After the deadline, all the rosters will be distributed to each captain who submitted his team's lists on time. The lists will be checked by the X-wing Captains' Council, and any necessary changes made ASAP with minimal changes to the list. There will be points penalties for teams that submit their lists late, or include illegal armies.

Models/Proxies: No proxies are allowed.

Cheers,

Halil Kardıçalı, Captain for X-wing Team Turkey
Halil Kardicali

severian
ETC Chairman

Postby severian » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:12 am

So, this will be a two day event ?

Models/Proxies: No proxies are allowed.

This is not really in spirit of the ETC. Why not if it is clearly recognizable and on a proper base ?
Chairman 2014/2016
Here we stand!!!

salnihra

Postby salnihra » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:53 am

Hello Sevarian,

I wonder whether the format discussion would warrants its separate thread? Would it be possible to open one?

1) Yes, it is envisioned as a two day event.

2) X-wing miniatures and reference materials (cards and such) come in a very compact&all inclusive package. I have also seen in other ETC game formats (such as the FoW format) that proxies were not allowed unless the model is available from any supplier. That being said, we of course do not want to go against the spirit of ETC and this rule can be easily changed. I'm taking it in my notes for the second draft.

Cheers,
Halil Kardicali

severian
ETC Chairman

Postby severian » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:28 am

New topic made. Please put your proposition there I not so good with spliting and moving posts :)
Chairman 2014/2016
Here we stand!!!

jagosaja

Postby jagosaja » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:07 pm

An invitation has been made on an official FFG forum:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.co ... ournament/

JesperH

Postby JesperH » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:16 am

Hello, UK Nationals winner here. I'm absolutely interested, but we have quite a large number of X-Wing players in the UK. Expect that due to the volume of players we'll have to come up with some kind of selection process before we can register a team of six.
Last edited by JesperH on Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgkid
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby kgkid » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:45 am

Elect a Captain.

Then he has the unwelcome duty to pick and form a Team and make everyone else angry.

Rinse and repeat next year.
Cool it kid, you've got your life to live...

9th Age: Army Book Committee - Dwarven Holds

ETC 2012 WHFB Team Serbia - Dwarf
ETC 2013 Orga's little helper, Medic to the Irish, Wearer of The Kilt
ETC 2014 WHFB Team Serbia Spokesdwarf and The Worst Player
ETC 2015 WFHB Team Serbia Spokesdwarf
ETC 2016 T9A Team Serbia - Dwarf

jagosaja

Postby jagosaja » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:26 am

Well UK can field several teams, as it consists of several countries, so someone can, for example, play for Scotland and someone for Wales.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Toffolone

Postby Toffolone » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:47 am

Team Italy standing by...
Of course I'll try to put up a team for next year.
and I'll be mre than happy to help in defining the ruleset for this tournament
T.

Shawtie

Postby Shawtie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:54 pm

Hello, this is Tom (I attend a lot of firestorm games tournaments, including 40k ones, so some of you may know me already). I'd like to volunteer either for captaincy or to help out with organising a Welsh team for x wing.

Lemur

Postby Lemur » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:05 pm

All right, Team Poland standing by. Aside with Off Jenkins, we will form polish team, as soon as we decide whoever will be captain he will post next info for our team, for now just letting you know that we are interested :)

Frederique

Postby Frederique » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm

What is the difference between a side event and a "main event" if they both take up space in the hall and run over several days?
Semantics?
I get the feeling that ETC is moving towards a "Con" if we keep this up. Which might not necessarily be a bad thing, but just different. It could however be logical since the original core of the event (WHFB) was blown away, and all efforts to plug the gap with other fantasy games is IMO a silly attempt of pretending like nothing happened. Either do a full reset (charter and everything), or create a CON, might be the two options down the road if we keep adding in "side events" here and there.
Fred

2013-2015 WHFB ETC Head Ref & FAQ team
2015- KOW player

Farlander

Postby Farlander » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:30 am

I am tentatively signing up for Team Germany. The X-Wing Championship at the ETC has been announced on the German community page, but so far response has been rather reserved. Let's see how it goes.

Do you habe already a rough date for the tournament in August 2016? August is usually also the time for official FFG National Championship in Germany and most, if not all, tournament players from Germany will (most likely) prefer the official National Championship over a yet obscure and unknown tournament in Greece.

Edit: So, I saw that Aug 2 - 7, is the most likely time frame? That sounds good for X-Wing. Most National Championships take place from around the second half of August till September.

Return to “X-Wing (side event)- European Team Championships”