Periode and version discussion for ETC 2018

Latest news and chat from the European Flames Of War Team Championship.

Moderators: ETC moderators, Keepers of the Peace

TheTonyDavis
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Periode and version discussion for ETC 2018

Postby TheTonyDavis » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:10 am

Why do these conversations about things that aren't important at this point continuing? Start another threwad labeled 'Mindless bantering and opinion spewing with no end in sight' and let us keep this thread to actual concerns for the ETC? Because discussing the release schedule as nauseum isn't helpful!!!
FOW Team USA 2014
FOW Team USA 2015 (champions)
FOW Team USA 2016 (captain)

stevec

Postby stevec » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:45 am

Unfortunately that's the ETC for you because we don't have a proper event organiser.

Dave A

Postby Dave A » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:19 pm

sovietpride wrote:Why do you confuse people with promises of book releases that arent going to come on the dates your are promising?

Its not feasible with the current BF release schedule that between march and august they release three extra MW books. Remember that on the launch year of V4 they have only released 3 books... your hipothesis means that they are going to triple the speed of their releases. That is not probable, since they are clearly going to continue to spand the TY releases and are rebooting other eras like Vietnam.

They might release the second British book arround june, which is not soon enough for ETC inclusion.

Its even unclear which are going to be the next books to be released... Second German Book, Paratroopers, Eastern Front?

I wasn't promising anything. I got information from Batttlefront that I was allowed to pass on and passed it on. I was also allowed to say that I've proofread 2 of the books that arn't out yet (one has now been announced). So Battlefront only have to do 3 more to reach their release schedule of 7 by August, not another 5, as 4 of the 7 are effectively done, 2 have been released, and the third has been announced for September release. If the post above is correct then we'll get another book December/Janrary time, so that will mean 4 released in a year and 3 more to go by August. This is entirely consistant with releasing 7 books by August, not raquirinbg any increase in the output speed.
ETC 2015 Prague FOW Team New Zealand
ETC 2016 Athens FOW Team New Zealand
ETC 2017 Salamanca FOW Team New Zealand

DaveM

Postby DaveM » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:52 pm

sovietpride wrote:Why do you confuse people with promises of book releases that arent going to come on the dates your are promising?

Its not feasible with the current BF release schedule that between march and august they release three extra MW books. Remember that on the launch year of V4 they have only released 3 books... your hipothesis means that they are going to triple the speed of their releases. That is not probable, since they are clearly going to continue to spand the TY releases and are rebooting other eras like Vietnam.

They might release the second British book arround june, which is not soon enough for ETC inclusion.

Its even unclear which are going to be the next books to be released... Second German Book, Paratroopers, Eastern Front?

Please don't shoot the messenger! Dave is just giving a heads up to the community of impending book releases but he is bound by his NDA so can only pass on what BF are OK with.
If you don't like the message that's fine, but take it up with BF not the messenger!
However I understand your frustration, we have all seen release schedules slip....
FOW ETC New Zealand Team Captain 2018
FOW ETC New Zealand Team 2017
FOW ETC New Zealand Team Captain 2016
FOW ETC New Zealand Team Captain 2015
FOW ETC Team England 2013

sovietpride

Postby sovietpride » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Dave seems to confuse the proof reading timing of a book with the public release date of the product. I have access to the same information as him an therefore know that given the ETC deadlines (IE march 2018) most probably we will only have 4 MW books available for the next year ETC.

The Italian book and related product will be released by january if there are no delays... latter we know we have the Nam reboot and further TY books.

Its possible that between february and june next year the second MW british book is released, but depending on the exact date it will be feasible or not to include it on next year rulespack.

This is taking into account the ussual timmings of the ETC (deadline for list submission on late june), of course we could move that deadline nearer the event... but I doubt many teams would like to do so since it will create uncertainty and make it difficult training for next year ETC.
«Team Spain FoW 2014 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2015 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2017 Captain».

Dave A

Postby Dave A » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:44 pm

sovietpride wrote:Dave seems to confuse the proof reading timing of a book with the public release date of the product. I have access to the same information as him an therefore know that given the ETC deadlines (IE march 2018) most probably we will only have 4 MW books available for the next year ETC.

The Italian book and related product will be released by january if there are no delays... latter we know we have the Nam reboot and further TY books.

Its possible that between february and june next year the second MW british book is released, but depending on the exact date it will be feasible or not to include it on next year rulespack.

This is taking into account the ussual timmings of the ETC (deadline for list submission on late june), of course we could move that deadline nearer the event... but I doubt many teams would like to do so since it will create uncertainty and make it difficult training for next year ETC.

I know that proofreading doesn't mean issued and that the timing is up to Battlefront. We are agreeing on more than we are disagreeing on. I'm not suggesting MW for 2018 but for 2019, as BF have said they intend to have 5 more books out by August next year - that includes the now announced Fighting First. I would agree that it is likly we will only have 2-3 of these 5 by March.

I was told what to I could say by BF. I expected there to be doubt so I asked if I could mention that I'd already seen 2 of those for proofreading but only to indicate that progress is being made. I'm NOT suggesting that MW should be played in 2018, I'm supporting keeping the cycle so that MW would be 2019, when we will have a wider selection of books. If we have 7 books by August 2018 that is a better start than what we have now - we only have 2 at this time with another about to be released.

I suggest we all wait for next week's update from Battlefront to see what they will publically commit to for upcoming releases and timescales.

sovietpride

Postby sovietpride » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 am

Dave I dont understand were do you get the information about seven MW books being released by August 2018... the BF delegate in Salamanca speak of that number of books by the end of 2018, without giving any release date indications.

Seven MW books by august next year is simply not going to happen, this week update will confirm that.

OTH if people actually like V4 they should vote for MW for next year ETC no matter the lack of lists (the lack of variety and depth is a basic element of V4), EW or LW arent properly balanced for V4.
«Team Spain FoW 2014 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2015 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2017 Captain».

Dave A

Postby Dave A » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 pm

The 7 books by the ETC next year is what I was told by BF. The BF Rep was reading from the email that was originally sent to me. From what you say we'll have 4 of those by January, so three more is possible bu August.

stevec

Postby stevec » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 am

We are splitting hairs chaps. It's good Dave has passed any information he is allowed, thanks Dave.

Even if they had 20 books by June next year unless they are really done by march then it's not going to be good enough for most teams. Ok they are not so 4 or 7 at the moment is not the case. We can only vote on facts which at the moment is almost three books. Companies get delays so we are then relying on someone relying on someone else so a dangerous thing when we all have a large cost to invest in going to the ETC.

So let's just leave this there.

Arkon

Postby Arkon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 am

Its a fruitless dicussion as we are voting on period atm.

If its EW it doesnt matter how many MW books will be released till August, even if it will be 80
Team Greece FoW - ETC 2012 Player
Team Greece FoW - ETC 2013 Player
Team Greece FoW - ETC 2014 Player
Team Greece FoW - ETC 2015 Player and Spokesperson
Team Greece FoW - ETC 2017 Player and Spokesperson

Lynx

Postby Lynx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:22 am

Arkon wrote:Its a fruitless dicussion as we are voting on period atm.

If its EW it doesnt matter how many MW books will be released till August, even if it will be 80

+1 here.

So W&S
Team France Flames of War - coach - 2015
Team France Flames of War - Capitain - 2017

pizzaguardian

Postby pizzaguardian » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:05 pm

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=136574&p=1598287#p1598287

That settles it i guess, wish you all a nice early war v4 event for zagreb 2018.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

Tío Sam

Postby Tío Sam » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:22 pm

pizzaguardian wrote:http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=136574&p=1598287#p1598287

That settles it i guess, wish you all a nice early war v4 event for zagreb 2018.

+1, have a nice tournament all of you, and hope to see you maybe in a 'V5 Etc' ;)
Team Spain FoW 2014 7th Armored Division
Team Spain FoW 2015 Panzerschützen
Team Spain FoW 2017 7th Armored Division (again!) #-o

We march to victory or we march to defeat. But we go forward

Return to “FOW - European Team Championships”