ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Latest news and chat from the European Flames Of War Team Championship.

Moderators: ETC moderators, Keepers of the Peace

pizzaguardian
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby pizzaguardian » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Here you go, to the lovely folk of the ETC; lists for 2017.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BywUe ... EVldVpNVTQ

There will be combined list document after list checking and correction.

LIST CHECKING DEADLINE IS JULY 7TH FRIDAY 23:59 CEST

The Merc Team Lists will arrive on the following few days, subject to captains approvement.

Update, combined list after corrections

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywUeE ... g2MFU/view

The print version with just list and no profiles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywUeE ... RnVDg/view
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

User avatar
Robin Spence
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:36 am
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Location: Land of the Haggis

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Robin Spence » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:46 am

Will a copy of all the lists be provided at the event as per previous years ?
Robin
Scotland Team Captain 2015
Scotland Team Captain 2017
parkstone316@yahoo.co.uk

pizzaguardian
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby pizzaguardian » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 am

Yes. One copy will be provided to each captain with the tournament pack attached.

Note: Updating Canada rifle company (indian) list file because it is missing players name.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

TheTonyDavis
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby TheTonyDavis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:21 am

French lists need to be named in Forces and have full names for their document name fixed too.

Edit 1: So does Greece.

Edit 2: Ireland needs player names on the lists too. And no this is not because you drank me under the table last year! :)

Edit 3: Serbia needs names on some of the lists in Forces.
Last edited by TheTonyDavis on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
FOW Team USA 2014
FOW Team USA 2015 (champions)
FOW Team USA 2016 (captain)

User avatar
Dirkhrod
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Dirkhrod » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:33 am

Hi Guys,

One issue I have found with Team Canada's US infantry list: it's from Devil's Charge, which is no longer valid, afaik, as it has been replaced with Battle of the Bulge. Am I seeing this right or am I missing something ?

This hardcover 215-page compilation combines all the existing US lists from Blood, Guts & Glory, Devil's Charge and Nuts, along with plenty of all-new content, including briefings for British and Commonwealth forces who also played a vital role in the campaign.
2014 - Team Romania FOW - Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)
2015 - Team Romania FOW - Captain - British Armoured Car Squadron (EW)
2016 - Team Romania FOW - Captain - Soviet Cossack Regiment (MW)
2017 - Team Romania FOW - Captain - British Airlanding Company (LW)

graham
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:16 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby graham » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:38 am

A number of lists have used the v4 option and so the arsenal stats are wrong. I have spotted the following:
    New Zealand, Benjamin Lindsay, Light Self-propelled Artillery
    New Zealand, David Ruhkopf, US Tank Destroyers
    New Zealand, Bret Donaghy, US 2ID
    New Zealand, Frank Roenspiess, Indian Rifles
    Russia, Aleksandr Varyvoda, SS PzKG Totenkopf
    Russia, Alisher Elmuradov, Peredovoye Otryad
    Scotland, Stephen Hughes, Rohamágyús Üteg
    Scotland Martin Bolton, Light Self-propelled Artillery
    Scotland, Greg Fyfe, US 2ID
    Scotland, Roddy Trimble, British Paras
Graham
Team England 2014 - 2017
England Captain 2018

pizzaguardian
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby pizzaguardian » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:04 pm

New Zealand lists updated, since the error was a formatting one i don't think there is any need for penalty. Agreed?
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

TheTonyDavis
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby TheTonyDavis » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:20 pm

There isn't anything that has been pointed out that is worthy of a big point penalty IMO.
FOW Team USA 2014
FOW Team USA 2015 (champions)
FOW Team USA 2016 (captain)

User avatar
Robin Spence
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:36 am
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Location: Land of the Haggis

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Robin Spence » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:27 am

Sorry guys. I have not yet played or even looked at V4. I did mot realise there was a button for V4 or V3 lists. I have clicked the correct button. No lists have been altered. I will 're submit them at work this morning. So the only difference will be the stats.
Once again my apologies for any inconvenience venience caused.
Robin
Scotland Team Captain 2015
Scotland Team Captain 2017
parkstone316@yahoo.co.uk

Trick08
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Trick08 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:09 am

pizzaguardian wrote:New Zealand lists updated, since the error was a formatting one i don't think there is any need for penalty. Agreed?

I concur no need for any penalties

Trick

User avatar
Robin Spence
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:36 am
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Location: Land of the Haggis

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Robin Spence » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:27 am

ok all done and re sent. Once again sorry.
Robin
Scotland Team Captain 2015
Scotland Team Captain 2017
parkstone316@yahoo.co.uk

pizzaguardian
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby pizzaguardian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 am

Scotland lists updated.

As a side note, merc team list is coming this wednesday.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

Rugi
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:51 am
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Contact:

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Rugi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Is there an error or does Russia have 3 infantry companies and two of them being US infantry?
Team Slovenia 2012-15 FoW player
Team Finland 2017 FoW player

Why would I rip off your arm if you have a bandage on your leg!?!

Psychopath
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Psychopath » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:53 pm

If you talk about the 29th ID: They are mechanized because they took Amtracs.
___________________________________________
ETC 2014 - FOW Team Germany Player
ETC 2015 - FOW Team Germany Player
ETC 2016 - FOW Team Germany Spokesman
ETC 2017 - FOW Team Germany Player

Rugi
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:51 am
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Contact:

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Rugi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Okey, now it makes sense!
Team Slovenia 2012-15 FoW player
Team Finland 2017 FoW player

Why would I rip off your arm if you have a bandage on your leg!?!

sovietpride
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby sovietpride » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi all, we are in the process of checking the lists and we have a couple of doubts:

1) In team Ireland they have a US infantry company (80th, citizen soldiers, would be nice to see its special rules) and a Brazilian infantry company which we think might share arsenal with the US forces... so we are unsure if this is valid.

2) In team USA Peredoye Otrad the list includes two unit capable of doing an infiltration move (spetznaz and Loza), how is the infiltration discovery roll handled with two infiltrations... double the units, double the risks?
«Team Spain FoW 2014 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2015 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2017 Captain».

Rugi
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:51 am
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Contact:

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Rugi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:29 pm

sovietpride wrote:Hi all, we are in the process of checking the lists and we have a couple of doubts:

1) In team Ireland they have a US infantry company (80th, citizen soldiers, would be nice to see its special rules) and a Brazilian infantry company which we think might share arsenal with the US forces... so we are unsure if this is valid.

2) In team USA Peredoye Otrad the list includes two unit capable of doing an infiltration move (spetznaz and Loza), how is the infiltration discovery roll handled with two infiltrations... double the units, double the risks?


I checked the Brazilian question with the Irish captain before the list submission and found the following:
+The arsenal is named a Brazilian arsenal (our definition of a separate nation for the purposes of the ETC) so by our definition they are Brazilians and not Americans.
+The US platoons are Allied platoons and the US support options are separated from the rest (like in other books with different nationalities but unlike SS, Here and Luftwafe which are still combined in books).
- The only argument pointing in the other way I found is that they do use the US specials rules but the passage is stated as Brazilian special rules with their own modifications.
Team Slovenia 2012-15 FoW player
Team Finland 2017 FoW player

Why would I rip off your arm if you have a bandage on your leg!?!

TheTonyDavis
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:26 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby TheTonyDavis » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:27 pm

sovietpride wrote:Hi all, we are in the process of checking the lists and we have a couple of doubts:

1) In team Ireland they have a US infantry company (80th, citizen soldiers, would be nice to see its special rules) and a Brazilian infantry company which we think might share arsenal with the US forces... so we are unsure if this is valid.

2) In team USA Peredoye Otrad the list includes two unit capable of doing an infiltration move (spetznaz and Loza), how is the infiltration discovery roll handled with two infiltrations... double the units, double the risks?


Yes, two infiltrationsmeans two checks. The way the rules are worded we have always played it this way in the US.
FOW Team USA 2014
FOW Team USA 2015 (champions)
FOW Team USA 2016 (captain)

Psychopath
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:35 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Psychopath » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Yes, two infiltrationsmeans two checks. The way the rules are worded we have always played it this way in the US.

That is correct.

Phil answered this question in August 2016 as follwed:
The die roll is part of the Infiltration move (which happens at the same time as Recce Deployment moves), so you make the move, then you roll to see if you were detected.

If you make another Infiltration move later with another platoon, you roll for that one as well after making the move.

So, roll for each individually after making the move.

Cheers
___________________________________________
ETC 2014 - FOW Team Germany Player
ETC 2015 - FOW Team Germany Player
ETC 2016 - FOW Team Germany Spokesman
ETC 2017 - FOW Team Germany Player

sovietpride
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby sovietpride » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:14 pm

Rugi wrote:
I checked the Brazilian question with the Irish captain before the list submission and found the following:
+The arsenal is named a Brazilian arsenal (our definition of a separate nation for the purposes of the ETC) so by our definition they are Brazilians and not Americans.
+The US platoons are Allied platoons and the US support options are separated from the rest (like in other books with different nationalities but unlike SS, Here and Luftwafe which are still combined in books).
- The only argument pointing in the other way I found is that they do use the US specials rules but the passage is stated as Brazilian special rules with their own modifications.



Wasnt there a similar case to this one last year in MW with the Spanish Blue division (an analogous situation to that of LW Brazilians), and it was decided that the Blue division to be treated as another German unit?
«Team Spain FoW 2014 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2015 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2017 Captain».

sovietpride
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby sovietpride » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:14 pm

TheTonyDavis wrote:
sovietpride wrote:Hi all, we are in the process of checking the lists and we have a couple of doubts:

1) In team Ireland they have a US infantry company (80th, citizen soldiers, would be nice to see its special rules) and a Brazilian infantry company which we think might share arsenal with the US forces... so we are unsure if this is valid.

2) In team USA Peredoye Otrad the list includes two unit capable of doing an infiltration move (spetznaz and Loza), how is the infiltration discovery roll handled with two infiltrations... double the units, double the risks?


Yes, two infiltrationsmeans two checks. The way the rules are worded we have always played it this way in the US.


Ok, all clear. Thanks. :)
«Team Spain FoW 2014 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2015 Captain».
«Team Spain FoW 2017 Captain».

User avatar
Inqvizz
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Inqvizz » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Team Russia will fix lists tomorrow: no changes in units, only switch arsenal to V3.
ETC'12-13 FoW team Russia player
ETC'14-17 FoW team Russia representative

DaveM
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:32 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby DaveM » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Trick08 wrote:
pizzaguardian wrote:New Zealand lists updated, since the error was a formatting one i don't think there is any need for penalty. Agreed?

I concur no need for any penalties

Trick


Phew!! I'm pleased about that, I was about to send brown envelopes off to 25 Captains.... :D
FOW ETC New Zealand Team Captain 2018
FOW ETC New Zealand Team 2017
FOW ETC New Zealand Team Captain 2016
FOW ETC New Zealand Team Captain 2015
FOW ETC Team England 2013

User avatar
Angelfred
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Angelfred » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Team USA 99th infantry company is from Devil's Charge.
Not sure there are discrepancies with Battle of the Bulge, yet it needs to come from it.
Team France ETC FoW 2012/2013/2014/2015/2017

User avatar
Jonny65
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:35 pm
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Jonny65 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:10 am

sovietpride wrote:1) In team Ireland they have a US infantry company (80th, citizen soldiers, would be nice to see its special rules)

The special rules are:
"Highscore Gunners ‐ p.17
A force from the 80th Infantry Division does not use the Truscott Trot special rule. Instead, Field Artillery Batteries, and Field Artillery Batteries (155) from the 80th Infantry Division, Roll to Hit as if the battery’s teams are rated as veteran."
2018 ETC Chairman, Mercenary for Team Scotland FoW
2015 - 2017 TNI FoW Captain (2016 on secondment to Team Canada)
2014 ETC Chairman, TNI Chairman, TNI FoW Player
2013 TNI Chairman, TNI FoW Player
2010 - 2012 TNI 40K Captain
2009 TNI WFB Captain

Trick08
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Trick08 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:06 am

sovietpride wrote:
Rugi wrote:
I checked the Brazilian question with the Irish captain before the list submission and found the following:
+The arsenal is named a Brazilian arsenal (our definition of a separate nation for the purposes of the ETC) so by our definition they are Brazilians and not Americans.
+The US platoons are Allied platoons and the US support options are separated from the rest (like in other books with different nationalities but unlike SS, Here and Luftwafe which are still combined in books).
- The only argument pointing in the other way I found is that they do use the US specials rules but the passage is stated as Brazilian special rules with their own modifications.



Wasnt there a similar case to this one last year in MW with the Spanish Blue division (an analogous situation to that of LW Brazilians), and it was decided that the Blue division to be treated as another German unit?

Don't want be mean but I am kind of inclined to agree that the "Brazilian" list is pretty much just a way to take another US list and that it might be pushing it a bit...how do we resolve this?
Trick

Trick08
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Trick08 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:08 am

pizzaguardian wrote:Yes. One copy will be provided to each captain with the tournament pack attached.

Note: Updating Canada rifle company (indian) list file because it is missing players name.

Ok so fair to assume that the 7th list Canada have is just an error and its a copy of the now player named "Indian Rifle Company"

Trick

User avatar
Jonny65
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:35 pm
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Location: Norn Iron
Contact:

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Jonny65 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:47 am

Trick08 wrote:
sovietpride wrote:
Rugi wrote:
I checked the Brazilian question with the Irish captain before the list submission and found the following:
+The arsenal is named a Brazilian arsenal (our definition of a separate nation for the purposes of the ETC) so by our definition they are Brazilians and not Americans.
+The US platoons are Allied platoons and the US support options are separated from the rest (like in other books with different nationalities but unlike SS, Here and Luftwafe which are still combined in books).
- The only argument pointing in the other way I found is that they do use the US specials rules but the passage is stated as Brazilian special rules with their own modifications.



Wasnt there a similar case to this one last year in MW with the Spanish Blue division (an analogous situation to that of LW Brazilians), and it was decided that the Blue division to be treated as another German unit?

Don't want be mean but I am kind of inclined to agree that the "Brazilian" list is pretty much just a way to take another US list and that it might be pushing it a bit...how do we resolve this?
Trick

By the rulespack it is allowed:
"In each company type, the two armies may not be from the same nation; likewise a fortified company and an infantry company may not be from the same nation. Note – An army must have its own arsenal to be considered a separate nation"
The Brazillians have their own arsenal so by the rules they are considered a separate nation. To be fair, Frogdog brought up the issue back in March and there were no complaints then, so I don't think there's anything to resolve. Not for this year anyway.
2018 ETC Chairman, Mercenary for Team Scotland FoW
2015 - 2017 TNI FoW Captain (2016 on secondment to Team Canada)
2014 ETC Chairman, TNI Chairman, TNI FoW Player
2013 TNI Chairman, TNI FoW Player
2010 - 2012 TNI 40K Captain
2009 TNI WFB Captain

Shawn Morris
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Shawn Morris » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:58 am

No Trick. We have seven lists and are just polishing off our eighth list to submit, you didn't see that page in the rules pak?
Cheers,
Shawn Morris
FOW Team Canada Captain
2012-2018

ETC 2018 Roster
Shawn Morris (captain)
TBD

Trick08
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:16 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: ETC FoW 2017 Lists

Postby Trick08 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:07 am

Shawn Morris wrote:No Trick. We have seven lists and are just polishing off our eighth list to submit, you didn't see that page in the rules pak?

Damn missed it...would love to have a 7th list...something with Westfalin in it would be epic...you Canadians...such innovators:-)

Trick


Return to “FOW - European Team Championships”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest