Best tourneys to go to

Moderators: Grimsmite, Keepers of the Peace

Munson, Roy E
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Best tourneys to go to

Postby Munson, Roy E » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi all, I used to be into the tourney scene a few years ago and am looking at getting back into it, my questions are.

1. What are the "big" tournaments to go to?

2. What is the standard points value?

3. What is the painting standard like nowadays?

Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Best tourneys to go to

Postby EmbraceYourInnerGeek » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 pm

OK - I'll give you my opinion, for what it's worth.

The big Tourney to go to is Caledonian Uprising every January. Tim runs Caledonian Revolution in June/July as well, although it's not as big. Northern Warlords GT, usually in September is a fair size, and last year the Allies of Convenience GT in it's 1st year was apparently pretty good (I wasn't at it).

Points are usually 1,850pts.

IMHO, painting is generally pretty average, mostly table top, with a few outstanding armies.

Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Best tourneys to go to

Postby Tangentical » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:48 am

The biggest events are as stated above, tend to be in Stockport (North West Gaming Centre) or Midlands (battlefield brum etc).

From Newbury I think you're in between Bristol and London.

Bristol Vanguard run some nice fluffy campaign tournaments, Woking Weirdboyz run some good events (think their next one is highlander) and Titans in London run mid sized events, here is the link to the next one:

The are also decent 1 dayers run by Luton Wargames club on a fairly regular basis.

And there is also the innaugral London GT this summer which is going big right out the gates in its first year.
Come to Clash of the Titans - 1/2 May, London 1850pt Warhammer 40k fun tournament.

Return to “40k Events”