What do you need to pick up to play malifaux?

Gothic, steampunk, victorian horror with a dose of the wild west, how can you go wrong

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

wrinklestiltskin
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

What do you need to pick up to play malifaux?

Postby wrinklestiltskin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:38 am

Hey Guys,

I'm currently in the process of building terrain and a table for Wild West exodus. I'm looking around to see how I can get more use out of my table and my eye fell on Malifaux.

I've been watching some demos, and the game looks like something I would like to try. The starter boxes are price quite decently, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding out if a starter box actually lets me play. In a WWX starter box there are quick start rules and dice, everything I need to get started.

I know there are cards in the Malifaux starters but are those all the cards I need?
Basically long story short; if a friend and myself want to try out the game, what do we need to purchase?

yarrickson

Re: What do you need to pick up to play malifaux?

Postby yarrickson » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:25 pm

A crew box each (£20-30 each), a rulebook (£8 most places), two decks of regular everyday playing cards (including jokers) and a measuring tape.

That will let you play a game of Malifaux. :D

wrinklestiltskin

Postby wrinklestiltskin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 pm

:-k Everyday playing cards is good news. I thought fate cards were special ones.

The 2 Edition book I found usually in the £25 / $32 dollar range.... which version is the £8 one?

I like the looks of the shadows of Redchapel box. I'm usually not one for zombies and stuff, but I definately like the Malifaux style.

daniellos

Postby daniellos » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Fate deck is better than normal deck of cards as you'll get all cards with proper suits and damage spread (weak/moderate/severe) printed on them. I would recommend buy it.

£8 rulebook is the A4 version - no fluff or cards for Wave 1 models, just rules - it is perfect for the start.

Return to “Malifaux”