Hello Help Please-Shine - raising money for Cancer Research

Gothic, steampunk, victorian horror with a dose of the wild west, how can you go wrong

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Conrad EJ Gonsalves
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Hello Help Please-Shine - raising money for Cancer Research

Postby Conrad EJ Gonsalves » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi there all. Its been a while since I have posted on these hallowed boards. Some of you will know me from my involvement building the global independent tournament wargaming scene through my work with the WPS (aka Warhammer Players Society) along with my fellow committee members.

Many of us all out here have been touched or effected by Cancer. I've had a hand in helping to raise money for various charities at WPS events (the notorious WPS yellow dice and charity dice roll off) including The Red Cross, NSPCC and Cancer related charities. Thats down to the wargaming community that attended those events.

I've taken it upon myself to try to raise £1000 for Cancer Research by taking part in the SHINE Night Walk against Cancer. Essentially its a half marathon walk. The last time I did anything like this was when I was 30 and ran the London Marathon. I was a lot lighter then and younger!

I'm guessing there are a lot of the community out there that have been effected or touched by Cancer in some way shape or form. Recently I buried a friend's husband who died at the age of 51 of liver cancer. My step daughter lost one of her close friends last year - she was just 30. I feel that I need to do something and the result is this walk.

So if you could take some time to give something to the charity that I am raising money for to help me along my way, then I would really appreciate it.

You can donate here - https://www.justgiving.com/ItsMeConrad

THANKS!
"Resistance is Futile"
"READ THE BLOODY RULES PACK!"
15. Conrad EJ Gonsalves (Tanelorn) Cygnar UK Nationals 2010

Conrad EJ Gonsalves

Re: Hello Help Please-Shine - raising money for Cancer Research

Postby Conrad EJ Gonsalves » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm

So the half marathon night time walk takes place on the 27th September starting at 7.30pm. I've done my back in but am hopeful that it will have mended well before then and I can get back to training.

I'm currently at £610 so nearly at my target of £1000.

What I was thinking was that even if only a small percentage of the people donated that I have made smile or who have enjoyed my involvement in running events, podcasting, ezines, rules or events packs in the wargaming community at any time over the last 15 years, then I would smash this target!!

So please help me smash this target people and thanks!
"Resistance is Futile"

Conrad EJ Gonsalves

Postby Conrad EJ Gonsalves » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 am

So thanks to all so far that have supported me in raising monies for this worthy cause.

Yesterday I hit my target following a follow up made by me using Twitter and Facebook. Again thanks.

Today I upped the anti and raised my target total by an additional £500!!

So if you have ever listened to me on any of the podcasts I have been involved in - Fools Daily, Malifools, Grumpy Wargamers and Boosted Damage, if I've made you laugh or smile, if you enjoy my company (thanks Ben!), if you've enjoyed anything I have have had a hand in organising, if you've worked with me professionally or not and finally if you had personal experience of someone who you have lost or has suffered from cancer, then please donate.

Just think of this as one big Charity Dice roll off but no dice or prizes other than seeing me walk a half marathon to raise this money for Cancer Research UK.

Dig deep please and THANKS!

You can now donate via SMS in the UK
Text CEJG62 £10 to 70070 to sponsor me today. Thanks.

http://www.justgiving.com/ItsMeConrad
"Resistance is Futile"

Conrad EJ Gonsalves

Postby Conrad EJ Gonsalves » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:29 am

Only £385 left to go for my new target! Please do donate if you can. Thanks.
"Resistance is Futile"

Return to “Malifaux”