Page 2 of 2

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:24 pm
by Targetawg
In reference to potential attendance for each system, I ran a post in the 40k Captains Council - I've got 22 that will attend, with 2 more that just messaged me and seem to be attending as well. I'd pencil 40k in for 25 teams this year, give or take one or two.

Edit: Current headcount is 26, with 1 tentative but unlikely

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:55 pm
by pizzaguardian
And update from the Orga to some questions raised by the chair.

*What is the current situation of the referees?


Current ref situation is like this:
FOW (closed. 4 refs already signed up and with travel plans made)
Fernando (Spanish)
Josep (Spanish)
Marcin (Poland)
Marko (Serbian)

40K (We understand it's closed as well)
Fher (Spanish)
Greg (USA)
Matt Solo ETC
Pawel (poland)
Smirk

T9A (still waiting for reply from Marko, in case not we might need an additional ref. 2 in case arthain goes from ref to orga team, which is a possibility)
Arthain (spanish)
Slivek
Deniz
marko.

XWING
Picszu (though still we do not have official reply) and a Spanish ref to be confirmed from the leftover Spanish team prospects.

KOW
Hofferber plus a Norwegian guy


*Update on terrain situation, has enough terrain been secured through clubs from spain?

Terrain is covered for all systems.



*Tables and chairs still secured and how many?
Tables, we do have 250 supports and 100 boards, but we have permission to take more from local sponsors.
(Chair Note: The rest of the tables are secured as school tables, but the orga is looking for lighter options)

*Any vendors/booth found or confirmed to open shop at ETC?

There will be several vendors that will be present in a zone adjacent to the gaming area so that public and accompanying people also have something else to do during the competition without disrupting the actual playing area. They will also provide prize support por players in the form of miniatures, terrain, etc.

*Progress on website?

Website is almost, almost ready. We will warn you of the full launch beforehand so you can make a forum announcement as well.

*In-city transport from city center to venue confirmed?

The bus line is fixed, we're now trying for it to be free for players through some form of sponsorship.

*Food vendor, any progress?
Food is already signed with a catering company, within the budget. As per food selling there there will be snacks in the in.venue cafeteria and the hotel restaurant will be open. No more advances.

*Change of possibility for sellin used terrain or playmats?
And back to terrain pieces, the only ones that can be put up for sale are 40K, because we are making some of them ourselves. The rest are lent by clubs, stores, etc. and they have to be returned to their owners.

*Registration; has payment method been established?
Payment through wire transfer. No more details yet because that's part of the website package.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:52 pm
by KeyserSoze
I'm 99% joining the ref crew as well for the 9th age. I have informed the rest in the 9th age forum, I just hadn't confirmed until yesterday.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:11 pm
by KeyserSoze
To whom this might concern, I confirm my presence as a ref for ESC and ETC this year.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:08 pm
by Frederick
As far as i know Mattias Lagerlöf (Sweden) offered himself as a judge for this years ETC (9th Age) as well and tried to get response on that from the host orga ... response never happened as far as i know. Would be a shame to not have him as a judge since he is maybe the best one we can get all over the world ;)

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:31 am
by tomepnk
Frederick wrote:As far as i know Mattias Lagerlöf (Sweden) offered himself as a judge for this years ETC (9th Age) as well and tried to get response on that from the host orga ... response never happened as far as i know. Would be a shame to not have him as a judge since he is maybe the best one we can get all over the world ;)

He needs to contact the chairmen, not the host org...

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:57 pm
by orion 76
Yeah... also, Lagerlof is the head dude for rules queries in T9A project and was a ref last year. Ill let him know.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 pm
by Lagerlof
Sorry I am utterly confused about this whole who to ask thing :P

But I talked to pizzaguardian yesterday. I would like to ref the ETC, gonna play the ESC.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:10 pm
by pizzaguardian

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:43 am
by TheMarko
Are orgas sure that they can handle 500+ lunches at the same time within an hour on Friday and Saturday? (not just the catering, I also mean seats with tables)

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 am
by pizzaguardian
They are aware of the potential problem and working on it. Will forward to him to see if they have any progress.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm
by Monosalamanca
Well we are working on it since Isik showed us the timetables... it´s very hard.. we had planning to handle around 300 launches at same time (three differents rounds one of each big game) ... Nowadays we ask hotel to offer in their restaurant similar menús, with similar services at same prices.. It is on march and close to make an arrangement. If yes... we will double lunchs capacity to handle more than 500 lunchs at same time (seats included) If not, maybe we have to make some adjustment in the schedules.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:06 pm
by pizzaguardian
General Update


*WIP Timetable,
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sEEOo ... 5LJ9TIwnUw

-Thanks to T9A captains there shouldn't be that long of queues for lunch, they agreed to push it another half hour. Except for Sunday lunch is pretty good spread out.

*Merc Teams,
-Looks like every main format needs a merc team, 40k has been formed and the work for others has started.

*Tournament Packs and Army Lists
-T9A and FoW tournament pack final drafts are done and published. After list submission it will go to publishing with final versions as planned.
-40K Tournament Pack vote is done. Pack to be completed soon.
-Fow list submission has started, t9a to start soon. 40K is mid july so there is still a while for that.


*Registrations
-It has started and going well, Orga is updating with the current numbers on the relevant topics.
Singles for
T9A 100+
40K 60+
FoW 20+

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:22 am
by pizzaguardian
Hey everybody,

Apologies for no updates. Work had been progressing just needed to update here.

Updates

From ORGA
*The Venue is fully confirmed and rented. Awaiting for a scan of the contract.
*There will be a bar at the event.
*The registration process can start as soon as next week. This year along with regular wire transfer you can pay directly from tourneykeeper.net .
*Lunch will be offered as well as part of your ticket. As well as a transfer from the Airport for up to 8 people.
*Hotel reservation is offered by ORGA as well, https://www.facebook.com/etchappenings/ ... 9210794337


From ETC Chair
*2019 bidding process is in progress. It will be followed by a vote about X-Wing-Main System.

*A website for ETC has been prepared, it will be mainly for information about where to find tournament packs and address for the venue and so on. Will go public next week.

*A new side event is progressing nicely. Waiting for the first draft tournament pack of Age of Sigmar. It will be a 3 day team event with singles happening before it.

*Expected Numbers of Teams are revised as follows.
T9A-32
40K-28
FoW-18 :(
X-Wing-12
AoS-14

*Referee acquisition in progress.
Aiming for;
5 refs for 40k and T9A each
3 refs for FoW
2 refs for X-Wing
1 ref for AoS



Will post another update in the week.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 am
by mike newman
I have concerns over “transfer for 8 people to be offered as part of ticket”

Is this free/optional. A lot of teams will be arriving before the event/will not be going direct to the venue. So a transfer direct to the venue is of little use to the majority.

So we are stuck paying for something as an included charge which we won’t use?

Also. Most teams will include at least a coach, so transfer for 8 will leave a person behind

I strongly feel seperatly sold tickets for transfers is much more advisable

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:25 pm
by Chris Legg
The budget plan I saw had the team entry at x, bus entry at x+a, dinner as x+b for example.

Pick and choose system depending on what your team wants/needs.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:54 pm
by pizzaguardian
mike newman wrote:I have concerns over “transfer for 8 people to be offered as part of ticket”

Is this free/optional. A lot of teams will be arriving before the event/will not be going direct to the venue. So a transfer direct to the venue is of little use to the majority.

So we are stuck paying for something as an included charge which we won’t use?

Also. Most teams will include at least a coach, so transfer for 8 will leave a person behind

I strongly feel seperatly sold tickets for transfers is much more advisable


They will be optional. But you can buy with your event ticket as an optional addition , lunch will work the same way.

Do give us some credit to protect your interest and not make players pay a fee they don't need, please.

About 8 people per transport, that's what i have been told the max capacity but will inquire further. You will obviously just can tell the driver to go where you want. It will not be directly to venue unless you want to.

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:50 pm
by pizzaguardian
More updates on the progress of the ETC.

Registrations have begun for 40K, FoW and X-Wing. T9A and AoS registrations on hold because details about their pricing are yet to be confirmed. (They will not get a price hike or anything, but T9A might require additional terrain to be bought and AoS-ESC number of days is yet TBD.

T9A Vote has started started about the 2D/3D terrain question.

40K Vote upcoming about the result of the recent BIG FAQ by GW.

FoW Vote has started about Battlefronts proposel for an ETC system.

AoS Captains released their first draft of the Tournament Pack.

Referee budget has been increased in light of the travel costs. T9A ref acquisition almost complete, X-Wing is complete, 40K-FoW-AoS in progress.