Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Interested in anything ETC related that goes beyond specific game systems? Look here.

Moderators: ETC moderators, Keepers of the Peace

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi dear Captains.

I'm presenting here a small summary of what goes on on the Chairmen meetings, often with the Host Orga involved.

So far we've had two of those, and here is what was undertaken in each of them:

22-Sept Chair-Orga meeting.
Lunch: It was presented to the 2015 Host Orga the concerns and feedback regarding the lunch, including providing no lunch as proposed by some FoW Captains. The Host Orga noted all the queries and proposed alternatives and started to work on the issue.
Terrain: The second main issue that was transferred to the Host Orga, which gravitates about the balance between the needed terrain quality and keeping the expenses as low as possible. It will be possible to import WHF and 40K terrain, but FoW is still on the edge due to the terrain issues discussed by the FoW CC.
Things which are left for the next meeting: Venue size and layout.

Stay tuned
Arthain - Chairman
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:48 pm

12-Oct Chair meeting
All systems are checked to be moving forward preparing ETC 2015.
Venue: The venue has been confirmed to be 4000 square meters in the main hall, so the space needed for all 3 game systems is now guaranteed and it is being planned what should the layout be and what else can be accommodated in that extra space. (Venue is PVA Expo Praha. Hall 2 will be the main Hall)
Charter: It is known that the Charter is in need of updates, so there has been opened a thread for discussing certain aspects and proposing other issues which might need updating.
Moderators: Jonny65 has been appointed as moderator for FoW system, and tomepnk has been appointed as moderator for 40K system. They will both collaborate with the Chairmen's duties.
Things which are left for the next meeting: New Website

Stay tuned
Arthain - Chairman
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:54 pm

30-Nov

Severian determined that the development of the website is not up to ETC standards. The task and the funds will be forwarded to Czech Hosts, along with some notes of the expected features of the new website.

A number of demonstration games and side competitions will be held in the spare space. So far a number of games have been locked:
  • Spartan
  • Infinity
  • Warmachine & Hordes
  • X-Wing (confirmation pendin)
  • There are still spare tables available!

Nearby facilities can't cope with the numbers at ETC players in a short period of time. There will be a ETC-catering or the option of skipping lunch altogether (As some FOW were proposing). A first sketch timetable will be made to accommodate for everyone's preferences.

Stay tuned
Arthain - Chairman
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

brestfloda
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby brestfloda » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:18 am

Hi

I'm glad to hear that you have recognized that the IT part of the event has concerns. Similar to the previous event, i'm offering again for you to use TourneyKeeper, as described here: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=121507

Much has been improved in TK since last, you're quite welcome to look at the manual or even host a tournament yourselves. I'm still offering my time to integrate TK into whatever system the ETC is going to use (within reason of course).

But i'm also saying that if you want a stable platform for hosting the ETC - you need to start NOW! Making an IT system is not the same as painting an army, you need to test it after you think you are done.
Playing ETC 40K for Denmark 2012 - 2016
Letting TourneyKeeper.net loose since 2013

brestfloda
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby brestfloda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:37 am

Did you guys discuss the use of an IT solution for scores?
Playing ETC 40K for Denmark 2012 - 2016
Letting TourneyKeeper.net loose since 2013

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:56 pm

Not much have been discussed recently due to Holidays. We will get on things and catch up with our work very soon indeed. Expect news in the coming weeks, before the end of the month
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:36 pm

11-Jan-2015 update
As some of you might now, we're working with the respective system's captains and the 2015 Host Orga to provide a schedule for each system that suits you. We have been promised great flexibility by the Orga so whether you want to finish early to go sightseeing, or start late to allow for post-party sleeping, make sure to contact the Chairman more involved in your gaming systems

We have started contacts with some pairing-software options, and we will wrap this up on the next meeting, after all the details of each option are presented.

The 2016 Host and Charter Changes that were voted last month will have its results soon announced and the corresponding actions will ensue

Finally, we decided to take action on some religious discriminating comments on the ETC section of the TWF, for more information see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=127407

Stay tuned
Arthain - Chairman
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

User avatar
el rey
Moderator
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:35 pm
Pick number 4 to enter: 1
Location: Aalborg, Denmark.
Contact:

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby el rey » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 pm

arthain wrote:Finally, we decided to take action on some racist comments on the ETC section of the TWF, for more information see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=127407


Ok, stupid and bigotry comment and ban is fine, but it is not racist as Muslims are not a race.
Kent, Team Denmark WFB spokesperson
ETC 2006 (Lizardmen), ETC 2007 (Brets), ETC 2008(Lizardmen),ETC 2009 (Daemons),
ETC 2010 (Vampires), ETC 2011 (Warrior of Chaos & AR member), ETC 2012 (Ogre & AR member), ETC 2013 (Ogre, AR member & FAQ member), ETC 2014 (Skaven, spokesperson & AR member), ETC 2015 (Daemons & spokesperson). ETC 2016+2017 (Coach)
9th Age member.

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi again, dear captains

With the ETC event approaching, I'd venture that you are more avid for news as time goes, so here are the results of the last two Chairmen meetings

As some of you already know, the Host Orga has confirmed and secured a deal with 2014 Host, so that all the needed terrain, tables, and scenery, will be transported from Serbia to be used again at the 2015 ETC. This will include repairing where needed as well as a few improvements.

One big step of the last days has been the progress made with the pairing software to be used at the ETC. After some meetings and consideration, we will have a chance to test Torrent of Fire. They will develop some adjustments to suit the needs of the ETC's scoring systems as well as our Team format. We have also enlisted Michael, TourneyKeeper main developer, who will help us test the ToF alternative, and will also provide us with a backup with his software. We are also working on the development of our own ETC website, which will contain our new forum, event details and information, registration, results, pictures and much more.

On another note, we have a meeting pending with the 2015 Host Orga, which is to be held soon enough. We will strive to provide you with all the necessary and up-to-date information so that you can start booking your flights, accommodation and other travel necessities. We are also moving forward in regards to the Media Coverage Plan, the trophies, the sponsorship, and the Side Events.

We will soon proceed with further votes in the Charter Discussion threads that have generated the most attention, and closing down the ones in which Captains have shown little or no interest.

We have as well greeted the Greek 2016 Host, and started a preliminar workplan and some general deadlines and guidelines with them.

King regards, and stay tuned!
Arthain - Chairman
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:32 am

Hi again dear captains!

Long time without an update. As time progresses, our work is more of a steady, daily task over gmail, forum, FB and more than a monthly or biweekly reunion over skype. Anyway, here is the current state of affairs after a important step just taken.

After securing the venue, the Host Orga is now dealing with price negotiations as well as what kind of services will be included in the deal (bathrooms, security). One of the main points here is the posibility of leaving the armies on the venue (and for them to be secure, of course!). All this negotiations have a impact on the budget so we are also striving to keep it balanced. The Host Orga is also trying to secure as many sponsors as possible, to provide both income and trophies for the players. if you know of any possible party interested in participating with us in the ETC, make sure to let us know.

As you might probably know, we have started the preregistration of the Natonal Teams in the 3 main gaming systems. This will help us prepare better the organization and infrastructure of the ETC. We are also narrowing the yearly quest for refs, so if you want to participate in this regard, it is now or never! Expect to have your Referee Corps announced soon.

As far as the informatics go, we are still developing both our Online Scoring System (via Torrent of Fire) and our new attempt at a functionall website (You can view the initial design here). We expect to have something more solid (As much as this bytes can be called "solid") in 2-4 weeks. We will also by then have decided whether or not it is possible to carry out a properly-done streaming system. As Jerzy (Furion) stated in the last meeting, he is taking care of the matter, since he has deep knowledge in it, and we will either do it properly or not do it, because we deem that half-assing it is wasting the ETC player's money.

Stay tuned
Arthain - ETC Chairmen
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

Yllanes
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby Yllanes » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:29 pm

arthain wrote: We are also narrowing the yearly quest for refs, so if you want to participate in this regard, it is now or never! Expect to have your Referee Corps announced soon.

What's the budget for referees?
Team Spain FoW 2013 (captain), 2014, 2015

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 pm

I can only speak for WHF. We have a budget of just under 1.000€ for our 5 international Referees. Referees should expect to receive a refund (exact amount will depend on a number of circumstances), as has been done traditionally. If you have any Referee candidate, get into contact with your system's chairmen for more info, or contact me if he doesn't answer.
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:50 pm

An update on the Torrent of Fire (ToF) software that we will use as pairing software and scoring system. The purpose of this is to embrace new technologies, be quicker in announcing pairings and entering results (reducing penalties for late handling of resits and runs down the hall to get the papers on time), have a lasting database of the ETC results, and reduce the need of paperwork.

So far, software looks good, few minor updates pending.Their software has been updated to be much more flexible and be able to adapt to our Team structure as well as the different system's of scoring points. We will start testing in the coming days, for around 2 weeks. Pierre will gather those who are willing to extensively test it and are ready to devote their time and to provide feedback.

On July we will start a second testing phase, where all captains should test the software to get used to it and know it, to practice for the ETC so that everything runs smoothly at the event.
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:40 am

Hi again dear captains

At this point in time, you probably are more worried about the army lists and the ETC Registration, but still I wanted to make a small update so that you know we're still on the business. We have locked in a detailed schedule for the first days of the ETC where all the chaos mounting the venue ensues. Vladimir's experience will help us eliminate this initial chaos and have everything run smoothly during the setting up of the venue on Tuesday.

We are also composing the Team Documentation packs, testing the final details on Torrent of Fire pairing and scoring software, finalizing the details on the streaming and the trophies for our winners (kindly provided by our sponsors).

Registrations on the ETC-events.eu website are experiencing some issues, nothing rare given the amount of people and the novelty of the software (statistics say there are going to be some issues) but most of them are going just fine, and where issues arise they tend to be minor problems which are easily and quickly solved. If you are having trouble registration, please post here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=129439 or contact me. Remember that the entry fee will be raised 5€ on 5th of July.

We have also started a poll on the "Lunch for the ETC" registration page: http://etc-events.eu/tournament/29/ for those who might have any special dietary needs.

Stay tuned
Arthain - ETC Chairmen
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

User avatar
chtiofonce
ETC Chairman
Posts: 4530
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:14 pm

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby chtiofonce » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 pm

I'm afraid there's not been a lot of news lately.

New chairman crop was officially elected ~17 days ago but I'm afraid in typical ETC efficiency we are still struggling to get a meeting organised.

Stay tuned for some news, hopefully before next year [-o<

Latest org meeting occured couple months ago, see for yourself if you like :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UsK ... f6ac0/edit
Chairman - ETC 2010-2016
Head Referee 40k -ETC 2008 & 2011 & 2013 & 2014
40k Player - France 2007 & 2009 - Ukrain 2015
Cold Steel Mercenary [Burgundy Division]

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi all

A short summary of today's meeting, being quite important due to recent events, specially the first 3 items (last one about website is just a short follow-up).

Status on Greek ETC
Theodore (Host Orga) has presented to the Head of Lawyer Union a call for extraordinary exception due to interest of the country, to be allowed to sign the contract eventhough the current lawyer strike. At the same time he is getting a statement of intent from the owner of the venue to dissipate any fear regarding the venue being secured. We will have a further meeting on Wednesday 2nd March to further discuss the above and follow up

2017 Hosts
As you can see, all bids are now complete and the vote to chose the 2017 Host Orga and Host Country is already opened. Please take your time to consider all the options and don't forget to vote in time. Also please remember that during the vote I won't be able to open my Private Message inbox to maintain the vote blind and avoid tactical voting.

Vote of no-confidence in Pierre as an ETC chairman
As per the ETC charter a vote of no-confidence against Pierre has been instigated as a result of 5 captains calling for said in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=43&t=133072, which has been seconded by a majority of Chairmen

Website
As you might know, we are looking into rebuilding the ETC website with the lowest budget possible and only with the minimal neccesary features. We have two parties that will help us with this item, we are currently looking into savaging whatever we can from current website (etc-events.eu) while increasing its functionality, mainly of the forum part, so we are no longer dependant on the stability of The Warhammer Forum.
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:46 am

Short update

You can check ongoing thread regarding the confidence in Greek Host Orga and the situation in the country. Theodore has managed to get an exemption from the lawyer strike and will get a pre-contract signed on Friday-Monday. After the currently ongoing vote/thread is cleared up, full-fledged contract will be signed (if it has the Captain's support). Furthermore, in 3 days there will be a G28 summit regarding the refugee situation, so that would be interesting additional information and Theodore will update the conclusions when it is done

We are working our way forward in making the ETC website functional (etc-evens.eu) and have already started a very schematic forum. We will develop a structure map of all the features desirable, both core ones (needed fundamentally) and add-ons (nice things for the future but not neccesary for today) and show it when ready, gathering suggestions for improvement.

We are also exploring a system to get a decent streaming going on without expending a ton, for this we will use equipment without so much high-end. However we are in clear agreement that the most important part of that system is not the quality of the equipment but rather the reporter who makes the comments, interviews, switches around cameras, moves around the venue and so on.

We are also looking into set-up different channels for different systems, (depending on connection) to avoid something lke in 2015 where the streaming channel was 80% 40K. We need anyway candidates for this reporter/streamer position, so interested people are welcome to move forward (Experience in blogging/youtubing/podcasting and 3-system background knowledge warmly welcome)

Followup meetings are scheduled on March 8th and March 21st
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am

Minutes from Meeting on 21st March 2016

1. Logistics
After the delays due to the vote of confidence, the precontract with the Faliro Tae-Kwon-Do venue will be signed this week. As soon as it is signed, Theodore will upload it and a meeting on 28th March 2016 20pm CET is scheduled to review it. The venue includes 350 tables and 1.000 chairs, as well as the PA system integrated. Theodore will do an inventory of the available material in the venue as soon as the precontract is signed and will also do extensive testing of the PA sound system. He is also already in contact with local municipalities to borrow additional tables that will be needed. HP is interested in sponsoring the event and would provide computers and screens needed for the HQ. The budget will be updated by Theodore in the upcoming days and uploaded to The Warhammer Forum, Host Orga 2016 section. Finally, regarding designed and printed materials, Theodore hopes that in around 3 weeks we can have very finaliced draft of materials that need to be designed and printed (ID cards, Pairing Cards, Rulespack cover...).

2. IT
Both the ETC Chairmen and the Host Orga is in contact with Hugo Carmona (aka "MadCat", from Portugal) and Michal (aka "brestfloda", from Denmark). Hugo has volunteered to set up a functional and integrated ETC website during his spare time, and we are already working on a architechtural plan of the website as well as some basic functionalities (like single user login account for all the tools of the website). Michal has offered us again the use of TourneKeeper (tourneykeeper.net), a software for managing pairing and scoring during a tournament. His software works only but we are working closely with him to find out a offline solution that will avoid situations where the internet connection in either the venue or the TK webpage lags, freezes, or shuts down.

3. Side Events
There are 2-3 side events planned for ETC 2016
- X-Wing
It will run during ESC days, Jagosay (Serbia), Salnihra (Turkey) will develop the Rules Pack
Theodore has scheduled a meeting next week with Fantasy Flight to discuss their support for the tournament.
As far as material needed goes, there is only the need for suitable gaming mats. If FF doesn't provide them, they can be purchased at around 4.5€/participant, to be followed up by Danielle.
Entry fee is yet to be decided
- Kings of War
If will run during ETC days.
Theodore will contact Josh from Mantic to gather support on KoW.
Additional tables and terrains will need to be created, but its costs need yet to be assesed based on the number of participants on 9th Age and KoW and the terrain currently available (Vladimir?)
- Bolt Action
It will run during ESC days
Terrain will not be a problem since during ESC there is a surplus from the main events
Official Rules Pack by Bolt Action will be used
This Side Event still needs to be confirmed


Next meeting: 28th March 20pm CET
Agenda:
- Precontract review
- Referees (Number for each system, Appointment of Head Refs, ESC/ETC, Accomodation, 2017 Host refs)
- Sponsors (HP, FF, Mantic, others)

PS: List of Hotels is ready and over 50 Captains have already received it. Any Captains that would want information in this regard feel free to contact Theodore with a short explanation of your preferences (Ie: Whether you are looking for something cheap, fancy, near the town center, near the venue, near the beach...
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

Dacid
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:41 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby Dacid » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Any update from the meeting scheduled for last night ?

Laurence
FOW Scotland 2015
FOW Scotland 2016 Captain
FOW England 2017

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:04 pm

Was about to post. Meeting was just held today, because yesterday a close relative of host orga won a trip to Emergency Room.

Theo has provided us with a document of all the tasks running: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NU0 ... Ubkew/edit. We have also given him a spreadsheet with all that needs to be done along with deadlines.

We also talked with Michal from Tourneykeeper.net regarding the pairing software to use in ETC 2016 after the ToF fiasco.

More detailed info tomorrow along with minutes collected by Tom

EDIT: Here they are

Greece:
--------
contract status: deposit of 1500 euros needed and available from Greek host, waiting to be signed by president of public properties called George Terzakis
http://www.etasa.gr/versions/eng/page.aspx


Tourneykeeper:
---------------
Setup ready to do offline but default to online. Take backups of database, goes via database made by michael, one click button.

Some chairmen want to do the other way round. Michael doesnt recommend it.

Players register themselves. All players in a team can enter results for that team for that round. Also non playing captains or coaches can enter results.

Michael adding code to have failsafe for inputting scores, checking for 20-multiple-scores.

Captains and players involvement required. Get workload away from volunteers. Paper trace only there in case of problems.

6 computers at HQ needed from Greek host for inputting of results for non-smartphone savvy teams.

Deadline:
End of May

One Point Lesson (OPL) to guide people through the use of TK: to be made by Michael shortly
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

olympia
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:02 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby olympia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 am

Thanks a lot for the update. If either the chairmen or the organizers need help with anything let the community know.
Team Ireland, Flames of War 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

arthain
Posts: 3328
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby arthain » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Referees are welcome. For FoW specially AFAIK

Some systems have their rules pack more advanced than others, and certain ones could use a hand, even if it only consists of a few feedback reports for improvement

Publicity among local communities, specially in regards to the ESC is warmly encouraged.We want to avoid ESC being a deficit-event, for which we need to grow the number of attendants. This also applies for the new side events that will be run alongisde the main 3 ETC events: KoW, Bolt Action and X-Wing

We have our IT bases covered thanks to Michael (Pairing software) and Hugo (website development), but anyone with IT skills and free time is free to join the crew.

We will also need testers for the pairing software in the coming weeks (debug, feedback from user interface, stability vs hundreds of simultaneous connections)
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:33 am

Meeting Notes from Chairmen Orga Meeting 25.01.2017

Questions for Orga

**Answers from Orga
* Related Answers

Do you have a collected infopack of the progress made so far?
**Not yet, a report will be compiled soon.


When is the deadline for printing armylists, rulespacks, trophys? As in when is the latest date a game can send you the necessary stuff to print?
**Not sure yet, what can the local goverment provide as per printing services has not yet been established. Government said it is likely, but it is the government. First week of July seems plausible. Minimum time is 2 weeks.


Other than the 3 main game systems of ETC (4 with the possible addition of X-Wing), what events are you planning? (eg. painting events, workshops, cosplay )
**3 main events, will be hold in the main hall as planned. The several adjacent rooms will host side events,
*Deadline of hall reservation is March 1st.
*X-Wing guarenteed
*KoW guarenteed
*Art of War tournament is a possiblity
*9th Age team size will possibly increase,
*40k might have a drop (because of 8th),
*X-Wing will increase, (amount in question?) FFG tournaments are cutting attendance, for prizes spanish disturibitor will be contacted. FFG wasn't supportive last year. An estimate will be established at the start of February.
* KoW might have 100+ people (needs further study)
*Infinity will be supporting the ETC event .
*Bolt action, a request from outside has been made,doubtfull if there is any space/attendance.
*Valejo booth will be there. They will be doing masterclasses, they will do some events and demonstrations.
*Other content providers are being searched for and being contacted by Orga.



What is the time line of the event itself so far in general?
** Monday-Tuesday events are possible if attendance, pavillion is rented for the whole week.
*Registration can start on Tuesday.


What transportation accomodations have been thought of?
(from airport to salamanca direct or from central madrid to salamanca, time intervals, size of busses)
**Madrid Airport to Salamanca Bus Station, there is a route exists. But they are rare (5-6) times per day.(40-45 euros two way)
*You can go to madrid bus station(every 45-60 min) or madrid rail station(every 60 min)
*If we can get 30-40 people per bus, we can arrange busses from airport to Salamanca. This should be a priority as teams arrange their flight plans according to transportation.

Will there be in city transportation for players no staying at the main hotel?
**Local city council meeting in 2 weeks, Salamanca center to forum busses is possible and might be free for players.
*There is a working busline but it is every 30 min.
*Taxi companies will be contacted after player attendance has been rougly estimated.

Hotel early price issue, ( 6 month prepayment is too much) Has there been any contact with ECI about this?
**Cancelation for full refund is possible. Every contacted captain should have received a mail-involving policy. If they haven't, contact jouso on forum.

Food and drinks,
Will outside food purchases be allowed in?
**It will be allowed,
Will the hotel be able to provide food for 600+ people, and price? Also options?
** the hotel itself can not provide food for 600 people, 300+ max. Food trucks are an option. Two options, few big trucks or several small trucks. Contact hasn't been established yet, pre registrations expected.
**It would be possible for food ordering from inside the city, these food will not be ticket included.
Drinks, will there be sale of beer? If so the possible cost?
**There will be sale of beverages and snacks. 1,2 - 1,5 euro price for 330 ml for beer is to be expected.

Air-conditioning, it is a hotel so this will be there without an issue?
**There will be, all day every day.





Venue, will there be a timeline each day we must cease operations? And specifically sunday?
**There is no closing time, after an hour admitting people will not be possible because of security guards will be leaving the venue.
Will there be storage for armies and other equipment?
**There is no storage for armies in the venue. One room can be arranged maybe. It is at the teams prerogative to leave stuff at the venue.

Wi-fi , will there be wi-fi for everybody, is it possible to have several networks for captains/judges?
**there is wifi, it probably won't handle 600+people at once. If we want sure wi-fi we need to pay for it.
*There is need for 1-2 wifi for captains,judges. These will be handed for registering and score keeping via tourneykeeper.

Computers,
Will there be computers and printers for every system's judges?
**There will be computers for each game system, LAN connection suggested.
*Printers will be available.
*If the side event is on another pavillion, another judges station will be established.


Referees, how many judges are you estimating / can provide for each system?
**4 judges for system each. If they can get 5 they will.
All spanish refs?
**2 spanish and 2 international for each system.
What is your budget for refs?
**3000 euros
What accomodations have you worked out for refs?
**They will be staying at the Hotel. Food provided as well. They are part of sponsorship so not in the budget.
How much travel costs can be compensated?
**Up to 200 euro reimbursement

Misc staff, how many people will be there to help with errands?
(ex: carrying tables/terrain, running any other necessary errands)
**The Orga team is 15 people. About half of them speak english.
*There will be some people available for help.
*The clubs who are providing terrain will help with setup and will be reimbursed.


Terrain; Are you planning to make terrain, can you provide all of it yourselves?
**It will be provided partly by Orga, partly by other spanish clubs. Some sponsorship packages will include terrain provided.
*Main cost of terrain will be logistics.
If not and you are renting, where from?
Are you planning to sell the used terrain or playmats?
**Talks have started on this subject. Nothing concrete yet.
*X-Wing mats might be at Greek Orga, contact will be established with them to see viability of using those mats.

Tables, Will the hotel provide base tables? Will the hotel provide 6x4 tables, if not from where?
**Spanish orga has boards for 100 tables.
. *School tables will be used to put boards on.
*If not enough , hotel and other terrain providers will bring enough table/boards.
*Chairs are also reserved and handled, 2 chairs per table.

Will there be vendors available to sell game related stuff?
**Yes, they are planning and contacting companies about this. Corvus Belli and Valejo has been contacted and will be there already.

*Spanish Orga requests access to ETC facebook page. Neil is on it with Tom.

***The price ticket with food might increase up to 68 euros because of tax increase on foood services.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 am

Some catching up since i am noticing this thread just now.


10/01/2017
ETC Meeting Notes
*Attended : Daniele , Krzysztof, Işık

*Chairmen, should split duties of games systems and contact with specific people on game systems to start producing game system deadlines.

*Determine the estimate amount for attending teams.

*X-Wing will be an official system in 2018? (Should check the process of that)
*KoW ; to be an official system or not?

*Krzysztof: X-Wing
*Işık: FoW
*Daniele: 40K - will work with Tom on the system

*A general planning of the timeline of ETC should be mapped out
-Event timeline
-Transportation (In city - Airport to Salamanca)
-Accomodation
-Food
-Printing materials ( a deadline must be set for each system)
-Tables, terrain, cleaning, in-venue beverages, wi-fi, air-conditioning.


*Must determine a head-referee to organise referees for all the systems of ETC. (Possibly Neil)
*Ask orga to confirm they will pay for referees travel and accomodation costs.
*Determine the necessary judge count for each system.

19/01/2017
ETC Meeting Notes
*Attended : Krzysztof, Işık

*Contacting specific people on game system is continuing, solid contacts established for all systems.

*Worked on some questions to send to Orga.

*A meeting with orga is possible next week tue,wed,thu.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 am

23/02/2017

Attendance: Daniele, Krzysztof, Isik

*Deadline of hall reservation coming up; orga should be contacted to see progress.

*Rulespack progress
-X-Wing captains will be contacted by Krzysztof.
-40K rulespack already in progress, daniele in charge.
-9th Age Isik will contact community to start work on rulespack.
-FoW - General; community will be reached. (ex: Marko)

*T9A referee pack vote will be handled by Isık.

*Chair-Orga Meeting must be set up; Orga will be reached for meeting.

*Toruneykeeper; brestfloda will be reached. He will be included in the progress.

*Orga should be contacted about prepping X-Wing specific prizes(such as rulers), a sponsor may be reached to prepare such prizes.

Potential Q's for ORGA:
-General progress
-Ref budget
-Who will be head judge?
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Meeting Notes of 02.03.2017

Attendance; Michael, Işık, Krzysztof


About tourneykeeper,
*Tourneykeeper will be updated on necessary scoring changes in each system,
*Tourneykeeper will be kept in the loop with Orga to check for registration.
*Idea for Event for registration;
A registration desk just for ESC, who will have lists of all player who pre-registered . The players will be flagged inactive by default on tourneykeeper. Registration desk will tick off people who come and register. They will be flagged active after registering on site.
*A wi-fi is a must for captains for score entering. If not a score entering desk is needed which will enter scores from sheets from captains.
*If the wi-fi is busted and the results need to be entered through a cable connection, an orga person would need to man the computer and enter the results. A public computer option would not be feasible since it would need captains logging off and on and would result in queues.
*Side events implementation can be done if necessary.
*Toruney keeper registration deadline date to be established, if not done by a set date a potential penalty? (early-mid july)
*For teams with an early first round draw, registration must be done earlier.
A general inspection of all systems must be done to see which ones have early draws. A different date can be established for each one.

-X-Wing captains have been contacted and have started working on their rulespack.
-T9A ref pack vote has started.
-Orga couldn't make it to the meeting, they will send an e-mail to answer issues from previous meetings notes. A further meeting date will be established
-A meeting for next wednesday, even if orga not available.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:15 pm

ORGA Update;


More or less following your last post:
Regarding registration:
- The Local govt is going to make a free website for us to handle registration and include local activities that might interest the attendants. It will be able to handle payments as well (credit card).
- Deadline for space: we have been given a few more weeks but we REALLY have to set up on how many teams and side events are going in. 32-30-24 (9th, 40K, FoW) is that fits in the main hall without any of the adjoining halls. We're still in the conundrum that we do not want to overcommit to too much space and in the end everyone pays higher ticket prices because we planned it badly, and not just in a "I want to go" but actual commitment. 1st week of April is the new deadline.
- We're studying early bird and combined ETC+ESC ticket options to encourage early registration, but we're going to have that big if to the last minute.
- Xwing, let us know about those sponsorship options because we've been approached, too. We have also been approached by Mantic's Spanish distributor for KoW and MOM making a commemorative mini for 9th age players (and maybe 40k as well).
- Ref budgets = 200 euro trip reimbursement, 5 nights and free food during the whole event. At the time it's the most we can do unless there's some extra windfall.
- Refs. We have FoW, 9th age and KoW covered. Need directions for 40K and Xwing.
- General progress:
Venue is confirmed, pending final confirmation of needed space. The ECI has fronted the deposit payment for us so we do not need to worry about losing it. Food is almost finalised (we have a meeting next week with them). Tables and chairs already closed (school tables), printing also closed (done at the local government)
If I missed something let me know.
Thanks!
--
J.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

Targetawg
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:08 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby Targetawg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:06 pm

Per:
- Deadline for space: we have been given a few more weeks but we REALLY have to set up on how many teams and side events are going in. 32-30-24 (9th, 40K, FoW) is that fits in the main hall without any of the adjoining halls. We're still in the conundrum that we do not want to overcommit to too much space and in the end everyone pays higher ticket prices because we planned it badly, and not just in a "I want to go" but actual commitment. 1st week of April is the new deadline.


I'll set up a post in the 40k Captains council to get a roll-call of teams that plan to attend - I don't remember this being asked previously of us by the way.
2013 & 2014 Team USA Player
2015 Team USA Captain
2016 Team USA Captain
2017 Team USA Captain

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Chair meeting from 08/03/2017 , was a quick one to just get our bearings.

Attendance: Neil, Krzysztof, Işık

*Orga meeting planned next week.
*Contact for x-wing freebies is being handled by Krzysztof.
*Proceeding with rulespack work on FoW and T9A with forum posts.
*Posted Orga update on forum.
*X-Wing rulespack work is being done, captains in deliberation.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc

pizzaguardian
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Chairmen's meetings summaries.

Postby pizzaguardian » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:14 pm

CHAIR-ORGA MEETING NOTES


15.03.2017
Attendance;
CHAIR : Krzys, Işık
ORGA: Jordi
-ORGA UPDATE
*Ref situation
T9A. Atm we need to find 1 new international 1 new spanish judge
40K We can make use of 3 int refs. NEIL can wil provide contact.
X-Wing. Waiting for news from this weekend. (Big tournament in Spain, Kryz will be there)
KoW. Waiting to hear from head judge for his co-worker on this.

*Terrain
Orga trying to take an accurate inventory of the Terrain available in Spain. There is enough terrain but they are trying to work with the fewer amount of places to borrow terrain if possible to reduce transfer costs.

*Venue
Venue secured with deposit.
Venue Hotel 80% Booked (off-head number, might be wrong)
Chairs and tables will be provided by goverment confirmed. Transport of these is being looked into(if possible by government).
Printing done by government confirmed.
Booking for the exact amount of halls needs numbers of teams for systems. Forum posts have been opened. ORGA estimates and CHAIR estimates to be compared at late March.

*Sponsor
X-Wing freebies is being worked on by Kryz.
ORGA looking for additional vendors to set up shop in ETC. Anybody who thinks who has anybody can contact CHAIR and they will establish contact between ORGA and VENDOR.

ORGA ISSUE
Will the captains be ok with having commercial space and gaming space close together?
In either case the ORGA will provide soft barriers so the gamers will have an easy time and not be bothered by visitors.
2018 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen
2017 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - ETC Chairmen - ESC 40K Referee - WTC Head Judge
2016 ETC 40K Turkey Captain - WTC Head Judge
2015 WTC Merc


Return to “European Team Championships - General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest