Club 200: Season 4 - Index - Month 12 deadline 28th August

This is the place to talk about conversions and painting

Moderators: OldFogey, Keepers of the Peace

GiraffeX
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Club 200: Season 4 - Index - Month 12 deadline 28th August

Postby GiraffeX » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:33 pm

If you're a regular visitor to the Glass Cabinet, you'll know about Club 200 that Latro has been running. Sadly he's not able to continue his great work and you've ended up with me!

I hope you all will continue on as normal this year. If you're not sure what Club 200 is, here's a summary:

1. Everybody sets themselves a challenge at the start of the year. The most common challenge is to commit to painting at least a Warscroll of troops for Age of Sigmar or 200 points of Warhammer 40,000 models each month over the course of the year. Any other systems are good to go, there are lot's for you all to explore, don't let the death of WFB take away your joy of painting.

The Minimum requirement each month is a single painted model to help keep your brush moist.

2. Each month, post a photo showing the models that you've completed in the contributions thread, these will go up on the dates below.

Easy as that, it's nice to share what you've painted with others to help motivate each other.

Most people find that committing to Club 200 helps them to reduce the pile of unpainted models they have lying around. In a positive way, not from the threat of internet humiliation.

There's no pressure - you can be an absolute beginner (in which case it can be a good way to improve) or an expert (remember, you set your own challenge to meet your own standards). If you miss a month because real life has got in the way, nobody's going to cry - just pick it up again when you can.

So, what are you waiting for? Add a reply to show you are interested, and show your brush some love.

Most contributors set up their own thread so they can record and comment on their progress. I'm not going to be linking them in the main thread as that's too much hard work for me!

For those of you who like to plan ahead, the monthly deadlines for Season 4 are as below which are all the nearest Sunday to the end of the month:

September contributions - 4th October 2015
October contributions - 1st November
November contributions - 29th November
December contributions - 3rd January 2016
January contributions - 31st January
February contributions - 28th February
March contributions - 3rd April
April contributions - 1st May
May contributions - 29th May
June contributions - 3rd July
July contributions - 31st July
August contributions and grand finale - 28th August

Any questions, please ask.
Last edited by GiraffeX on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:46 am, edited 27 times in total.

OldFogey

Re: Club 200: Season 4 - Index - Month 1 deadline 4th Oct

Postby OldFogey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:45 pm

I have piles!

Piles of unpainted minis, so I will be applying Club200 ointment once a month, in the hope that it will have some effect.

This seems like a good place to reveal my plans for the coming months, all subject to change at a whim of course, but roughly this is what I will be doing. Finish my Khorne contingent for my Chaos army - enough to play Dragon Rampant and probably Saga too. Start a new Dwarf army! I will break up the large blocks with the occasional high level paint job, like my IHMN crew, and I also have some very tasty steampunk figures that demand my best efforts. That will keep me going to xmas and beyond. By then I should have Blood Rage and part of my Mierce kickstarter stuff, so loads of goodies to add to Mount Unpainted. Enough for season 4, season 5, 6 and 7 even. If I keep plugging away and don't buy anything new, I should clear the decks by the end of the decade. Onward. :smt100

GiraffeX

Postby GiraffeX » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:57 pm

I have a rather large box filled with minis so need all the help I can get to keep me going each month.

I also like seeing all the lovely painted minis, so don't be shy people I want to see your pretties :)

icequeen

Postby icequeen » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:23 am

Let's see if I can't get back to the painting gear with a little extra motivation.

Todo for me is.. well

* Complete the two Malifaux crews I have
* Complete a themed army for Krueger2/Morvhana1 match (Hordes, circle)
* Complete the Infinity Haqislam task force.
* Paint more of my orcs for Kings of War - no I won't say complete, waaaay too many of them to do that.. should probably sell some of them :P

So for a monthly goal I think I should say complete a small working force in any of those, hopefully starting with a henchman crew in Malifaux and Journeyman League force for Krueger.

This is ofcourse assuming I focus.. there are people starting Bushido and Saga at the club and its tempting. :mrgreen:

jamopower
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby jamopower » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:32 pm

I'm in as usual.
I have just started an Irish force for Saga (thanks for OldFogey for the tip about the Footsore miniatures). Besides them I have been planning about getting some Batman miniatures (and some suitably Gotham scenery for them), expanding my Infininty forces and painting some random miniatures for other projects (at least for Eden and some Otherworld miniatures). I'll try to concentrate a bit towards quality over quantity this year. Let's see how it goes...

christ's chin

Postby christ's chin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:57 pm

I was guilty of stating I would last year but I will this season.

Planning to paint up:
Batman mini's (not yet purchased)
Imperial Assault mini's (complete set plus future expansions)
Molly crew from Malifaux (plus extra's)

Count me in.

:)
Last edited by christ's chin on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GW Staff- ''Hi can I help you?''
Me- ''No thanks''
GW Staff- ''What do you collect?''
Me-''I'm fine thanks...''
GW Staff- ''Have you seen our new stock?''
Me- ''JUST pee OFF...''

Poentje

Postby Poentje » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Count me in again, I need a little bit of peer-pressure to finish my models.

Here are the things I'd like to finish in the next year:
- about 40 Wolsung miniatures and terrain (probably gonna pick up some more at Spiel in Essen in a months time)
- 10 models for my Ogre Kingdoms army (and always on the lookout for missing models, there are still 8 models on my wishlist)
- the last 16 models for my High Elves starter army from Island of Blood
- and have a start at some 300+ LotR-minis

Poentje

jmagsts

Postby jmagsts » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:33 pm

I tailed off last season a little although did complete the army I had planned. Fancy a move to 40k this time and need to force myself to start using my airbrush and compressor that has been sat in box for too long. With this in mind, will go for Imperial Knights, possibly with some Astra Militarum thrown in. Not sure how feasible it will be but want to try and make the Knights basing as interesting as possible, maybe ruined citadel scenery? Not sure how the 200 points limit a month will work out but we'll see!
Feedback thread:
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=99595

Armies completed: WOC x 4, Empire x 1, Skaven x 4, Vamps x 1, Dark Angels x1, Daemons x1, O&G x1, scenery pieces
On the shelf: 40k Scenery x1, 1x Rhino/Razorback, Kult of Speed, Imperial Night/Scion army

Dwarf Giant

Postby Dwarf Giant » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:49 pm

I must admit I am in two minds about doing a 4th season. I've no interest in AoS or the various versions of WFB that are being worked on. Also I have completed 3 previous seasons without missing a month.

Put me down as a yes - I have been impressed with Mantic's Kings of War and like the look of the Abyssal Dwarfs. However I wil also be learning how to play (using my converted WFB forces) so this may be subject to change and could mean I end up doing a mix of things.

I would also like to have time to partake in my other hobbies so I hope you will forgive me if I am not as consistent a I have been in previous years!
Tris

Just suck it up and keep on punching.

Market feedback link: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=127286

Inquisitor Pravious

Postby Inquisitor Pravious » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:14 am

I have been ummming and arrrring as to whether to do another season, but what the heck count me in.

I have a couple of Imperial Fist units to finish off (Hunter/Stalker and another Sterguard squad) plus some Skitarii Rangers to go with my Imperial Knights. That should be my first four months and by then there may be some 40k releases to either swell the ranks of my Thousand Sons or Imperial Fists if the rumours of 30k are true.

Thinking about it I have a Castigator Knight to build and paint as well, definately need to be signed up.

GiraffeX

Postby GiraffeX » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm going to be painting more Wood Elves and Undead for Kings of War.

I expect you will some more Mantis Warriors for 40k and lots of other minis for other games, I prefer to paint in small batches for different games to keep me interested.

The White Rabbit

Postby The White Rabbit » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:10 pm

I think I'll have a go this time. Always wanted to but lack of time (and effort) stopped me.

So I'll be painting up a Salamanders 40k army. No real interest in playing so "power choices" won't influence my painting choices.

First month I've already started which is 10 tactical marines and a Rhino.

Ste.
Terra Nova Gryphons - Elite Wargaming Since 2003
ETC TEAM ENGLAND CAP 006
2010 ASHES WINNER

GumbaFish

Postby GumbaFish » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm in. My contributions were rather paltry last time but I am already putting protective finishes on my October submissions. I'll still be continuing my Circle Orboros for Hordes.
My club 200 log (Mostly circle orboros)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125765&p=1492457#p1492457

GumbaFish

Postby GumbaFish » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:22 am

Do people generally start a new thread for the new season or just alter the heading of their old one to reflect the change in season?
My club 200 log (Mostly circle orboros)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=125765&p=1492457#p1492457

Dwarf Giant

Postby Dwarf Giant » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:38 am

I've just altered the title of mine from - now rolling in to season 4!
Tris

Just suck it up and keep on punching.

Market feedback link: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=127286

Badger

Postby Badger » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Do I have to committo a special army, or is it ok to do work on several armies as long as I deliver the points?
I need something to push me to paint, so I would like to join in, but I would have to do work on several armies as I tend to rift from one army to the other.

Beginning would probably be Space Marines as I am doing that for Armies on parade, but after that it would probably be a mix of Age of Sigmar and 40K armies.
If that is ok, I'm in!
Too many armies, too little time...

Inquisitor Pravious

Postby Inquisitor Pravious » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:16 pm

Do I have to committo a special army, or is it ok to do work on several armies as long as I deliver the points?

You can paint what ever you want from month to month. The only thing you should try to achieve is nominally 200 (WHFB) points each month.

OldFogey

Postby OldFogey » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:47 pm

The points thing is a red herring. When we started the club a few years ago, it was primarily to help people complete armies, which at the time were around 2400 points in size - hence twelve monthly chunks of 200 points seemed like a good target. But even then it was only a guideline, to be used or ignored as you see fit. With the demise of WHFB and the rise of alternatives, most folks just do whatever they can and ignore any points values. For me, it's an incentive to get at least one thing a month finished - whether it be a single figure or a complete regiment.

GiraffeX

Postby GiraffeX » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Yeah I aim for a minimum of one model a month as well. It all helps make the painting pile smaller, well it would if I didn't buy more models than I can physically paint each month............

Return to “The Glass Cabinet”