Help Identifying Some Old Models

This is the place to talk about conversions and painting

Moderators: OldFogey, Keepers of the Peace

Buckshot
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Help Identifying Some Old Models

Postby Buckshot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi all, lately I've been wanting to get into Warhammer again after playing total war on the pc and remembered how much I used to love it. I want to start painting and have some old models from the 90's that I would like to practice on before I start a proper army but cannot figure out what faction they actually are. There are some 40k figures and some fantasy figures that I'm currently soaking in Dettol to remove the paint.

I also have these fantasy figures which I'm guessing are elves and goblins :D, but are they a specific faction or anything like that?

If anyone could help as to what they actually are in the four pics that would be great. Also this time around I would like to use the proper colors for
each of these models, so any advice on where to go from here would also be appreciated.

Spite
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Help Identifying Some Old Models

Postby Spite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:34 am

In order of pics:

1. Imperial Guard - Catachan Troops
2. Imperial Guard Tallarn Troops
3. 3rd/4th Edition High Elf Spearmen and Archers
4. 3rd/4th Edition Goblin Spearmen and Archers

You can find most older miniatures here:

http://www.solegends.com/citadel/catindex.htm

Just browse through the Catalogues from the different years, it's quite nostalgic!

Buckshot
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Help Identifying Some Old Models

Postby Buckshot » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Brilliant, thanks a lot. Cheers for the link as well, very nostalgic looking at all those old figures, kinda wish I never put my old armies on Ebay now. I can't wait to get painting, I found some guides on color schemes and the Dettol is working really well. Hope they turn out better than when I was a kid.

Thanks again. :D

Return to “The Glass Cabinet”