Getting started

Where mighty armies march to do battle in Middle Earth

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Slann
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Getting started

Postby Slann » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi. Want to get started but this is a completely new system for me.

I guess what I really need to know is do 'The Hobbit' rules replace the older LOTR rules or do I need both to play? I understand that the source books are like codex books and will need the one for the race I want to play.

Thanks, Luke.
Thanks, Luke.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

40K: Daemon Hunters and Orks
Fantasy: Lizardmen and Dwarfs

"If you fail to prepare you must prepare to fail"

Big Dog
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Getting started

Postby Big Dog » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Hi Luke,

The Hobbit rule book replaces the old Lord of the Ring One Rulebook. The source books are still valid and they contain the profiles for all the Lord of Rings models. You can mix and match between them and the profiles found in the Hobbit sourcebooks. Majority of the Hobbit profiles are available on the Black Library website.

Some of the sourcebooks are now out of print so can be tricky to get a hold off. The best place to ask for advice is "Great British Hobbit League" group on Facebook and I'd also recommend viewing some of the videos on the GBHL Youtube channel. The Facebook group is fairly active and the community is very friendly, there's over 20 tournaments a year up and down the country which are probably the most welcoming for new players that I've attended.

Hope that's useful for you.

David

Return to “War of the Ring”