Hobbit Rulebook

Where mighty armies march to do battle in Middle Earth

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Rawwar
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Hobbit Rulebook

Postby Rawwar » Sun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Easy one for you.

What is in the Hobbit rulebook that is different from my LOTRs one? Is it worth the investment? And is there a small rulebook that does the job?

Thanks in advance.

Rich
"There's only one principle of war & that's this. Hit the other fellow, as quick as you can and as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain't looking."

lordgoober

Re: Hobbit Rulebook

Postby lordgoober » Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 am

The Hobbit is essentially SBG 2nd edition. Lots of little changes but not a whole lot of sweeping changes.

On the topic of the mini rulebook. Do you ever plan on using any of the Hobbit line models (as opposed to the older LOTR line)? If you plan on using any of the Hobbit minis outside of the Men of Dale, you have to get the large expensive as hell rulebook as that's the ONLY place where the profiles for the Hobbit movie models are. They are NOT in the mini rulebook this time around which hacked off a LOT of people.

Rawwar
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby Rawwar » Mon May 20, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks for the reply.

Basically I want the rules to run the LOTRs line models.

Not got any Hobbit stuff yet, the prices, and some of the models, have put me off.
"There's only one principle of war & that's this. Hit the other fellow, as quick as you can and as hard as you can, where it hurts him most, when he ain't looking."

lordgoober

Postby lordgoober » Mon May 20, 2013 4:35 pm

then you can get away with a mini rulebook.

Return to “War of the Ring”