Where to get Tomb Kings?

This is for all your Warhammer talk

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Onify
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Where to get Tomb Kings?

Postby Onify » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 am

Hello, I'm very new to the warhammer universe. I've been a dedicated fan of Total War for some time, and the new Total war: Warhammer games really got me interested in the warhammer universe. I love the idea of playing essentially a tabletop version of Total War, and I'm extremely eager to get my first set of models and paints and start my first army. I played as Bretonnia in TWW, but I simply couldn't find a single unpainted unit to buy online or in any hobby shops. So I did some research on the rest of the factions and I decided I loved the concept of the tomb kings (I'm really into medieval France, Rome, and the ancient middle-east). However, after losing a bidding war in the last final seconds of the only unpainted tomb kings set on Ebay, I feel like a lost puppy. I've seen videos of people playing with an entire armies worth of tomb kings / Bretonnian units; yet I can't find a single one in the box / unpainted. I tried searching on Games Workshops website, but no luck. Where do you buy these things? The closest I found was a Tomb King battalion box, for $780. I'm not going to spend $780, I just want a few units to experiment with painting and such.
Thanks for any feedback.
:?

jouso

Re: Where to get Tomb Kings?

Postby jouso » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:36 am

Tomb kings are discontinued as a line, and tend to be quite pricy 2nd hand.

If you really, really want egyptian-looking skeletons take a look at 9th age alternative miniatures page:

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/in ... asties-ud/

ghengiskickbuttalot

Re: Where to get Tomb Kings?

Postby ghengiskickbuttalot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:34 pm

Both Tomb Kings and Brettonians have been discontinued by Games Workshop.

The armies still available are:
Empire
High Elves
Wood Elves
Dark Elves
Lizardmen
Orks and Goblins
Warriors of Chaos
Daemons of Chaos
Beastmen
Skaven
Ogre Kingdoms
Dwarfs
Vampire Counts

If you are wanting to play using blocks of ranked up troops then I would suggest using 8th edition Warhammer Fantasy rules and army books.

There is a group of us who still play 8th Edition and there are regular tournaments too.

Just ask if you need any help
3rd place runner-up (HE) - Worcester Wargames - 8th Ed - June 2016
3rd place runner-up (HE) - Storm of War - 8th Ed - Sept 2016
Best Painted Army (HE) - Storm of War - 8th Ed - Sept 2016
2nd Place runner-up (HE) - Worcester Wargames - 8th Ed - Sept 2016

T.O. - Champions of Destiny

WFB 8th Ed (inc ET):
HE,Woodies,DE's,Dwarves,Empire,O's n G's,WoC,VC

WAB 1.5/2 Sheildwall. Swordpoint & SAGA: Saxons & Anglo-Saxons & Later Saxon/Anglo-Dane & Vikings

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy”