2017 8th ed events

This is for all your Warhammer talk

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Timhotep
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

2017 8th ed events

Postby Timhotep » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Anyone know of any 8th ed events this year in the UK?

Raya

Re: 2017 8th ed events

Postby Raya » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:25 pm

No concrete dates yet, but:

- Monthly league currently being organised, meeting up at Warhammer World in Nottingham.

- Ghengiskickbuttalot had to reschedule his tournament, will likely run somewhere near Northampton.

- Worcester Wargames will be running their 8th tournament sometime in spring.

- I'm currently chasing up Warwick Wargaming Society to see when their yearly tournament is (was April last year).

Where abouts are you based, Timhotep?
Little rats have bigger rats
Amongst their ranks to guide 'em
And bigger rats have giant rats
And so on, ad infinitum

Phil Rossiter

Postby Phil Rossiter » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Timhotep wrote:Anyone know of any 8th ed events this year in the UK?

There were quite a few towards the end of last year Tim. For example, the two groups who ran these may have 2017 events planned:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=135888

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=134795

Raya wrote:- Ghengiskickbuttalot had to reschedule his tournament, will likely run somewhere near Northampton.

Mark told me end of January Lynsey, any more on that?
www.ulthuan.net

Multi-system forum.

Raya

Postby Raya » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Phil Rossiter wrote:Mark told me end of January Lynsey, any more on that?

Last I heard, Mark is still looking for a suitable venue, so end of January is unlikely (unless he's got sick of what I keep doing to his high elves and just hasn't told me it's on then ;)). I think he's focussing on getting the league pack sorted, so the tournament will probably be from Feb onwards.

Good news about Warwick though: it's likely it will be running again this year, the organisers just need to sort out some details first :)
Little rats have bigger rats
Amongst their ranks to guide 'em
And bigger rats have giant rats
And so on, ad infinitum

Phil Rossiter

Postby Phil Rossiter » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Raya wrote:Last I heard, Mark is still looking for a suitable venue, so end of January is unlikely

Hmm, I thought the guy who ran the last venue had opened up elsewhere in Northampton and Mark was going to use there? Something must have happened. Fair play, hopefully an event will materialise soon.

Raya wrote:unless he's got sick of what I keep doing to his high elves and just hasn't told me it's on then

As discussed, your Skaven are indeed to blame for him not winning tournaments!

:)

Raya wrote:Good news about Warwick though: it's likely it will be running again this year, the organisers just need to sort out some details first

That is good news, if you could let me know if you hear any more, either on this thread or elsewhere, I'd be very grateful.
www.ulthuan.net

Multi-system forum.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:39 pm

We'll (Stirling Wargamers) be running Storm Over Stirling again on Sunday the 23rd of April in Common Ground Games in Stirling. Not got a pack ready yet but once there's more details I'll post them up.

ghengiskickbuttalot

Postby ghengiskickbuttalot » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Hmm, I thought the guy who ran the last venue had opened up elsewhere in Northampton and Mark was going to use there? Something must have happened. Fair play, hopefully an event will materialise soon.

Phil - I am currently negotiating the best options in terms of venues there is potentialy 2 venues at the moment and I am waiting for confirmation at the moment. In the meantime the event pack is being ammended. It will be a re-schedule of the previously planned escalation tournament. I anticipate making an announcement in the next few days.

As discussed, your Skaven are indeed to blame for him not winning tournaments!

:)

Phil - Those rats are not invincable, they liked spending time with Maleketh after he took the throne :twisted: However pre ET games just takes a little more tact and decisive action, so until next time "I'll be back" :lol:

That is good news, if you could let me know if you hear any more, either on this thread or elsewhere, I'd be very grateful.

Looking forward to this one! With a bit of luck we won't be pitted against each other... more than once! There might be more HE for Lynsey, she likes playing lots of pointy ears with chails :lol:
Last edited by ghengiskickbuttalot on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
3rd place runner-up (HE) - Worcester Wargames - 8th Ed - June 2016
3rd place runner-up (HE) - Storm of War - 8th Ed - Sept 2016
Best Painted Army (HE) - Storm of War - 8th Ed - Sept 2016
2nd Place runner-up (HE) - Worcester Wargames - 8th Ed - Sept 2016

T.O. - Champions of Destiny

WFB 8th Ed (inc ET):
HE,Woodies,DE's,Dwarves,Empire,O's n G's,WoC,VC

WAB 1.5/2 Sheildwall. Swordpoint & SAGA: Saxons & Anglo-Saxons & Later Saxon/Anglo-Dane & Vikings

ghengiskickbuttalot

Postby ghengiskickbuttalot » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:06 pm

There is also the national league too.

Looking forward to this years gaming season to get up and running and making taking part more rewarding!

You may find the information pack available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fq6gdveahurrs ... k.pdf?dl=0

Furthermore there is a forum specifically aimed at supporting the league itself, but more importantly; gamers, hobbyists, events, clubs and store groups.

Forum:
http://eewl.freeforums.net/
3rd place runner-up (HE) - Worcester Wargames - 8th Ed - June 2016
3rd place runner-up (HE) - Storm of War - 8th Ed - Sept 2016
Best Painted Army (HE) - Storm of War - 8th Ed - Sept 2016
2nd Place runner-up (HE) - Worcester Wargames - 8th Ed - Sept 2016

T.O. - Champions of Destiny

WFB 8th Ed (inc ET):
HE,Woodies,DE's,Dwarves,Empire,O's n G's,WoC,VC

WAB 1.5/2 Sheildwall. Swordpoint & SAGA: Saxons & Anglo-Saxons & Later Saxon/Anglo-Dane & Vikings

Phil Rossiter

Postby Phil Rossiter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:08 pm

ghengiskickbuttalot wrote:Phil - I am currently negotiating the best options in terms of venues there is potentialy 2 venues at the moment and I am waiting for confirmation at the moment. In the meantime the event pack is being ammended. It will be a re-schedule of the previously planned escalation tournament. I anticipate making an announcement in the next few days.

Excellent.

ghengiskickbuttalot wrote:Phil - Those rats are not invincable, they liked spending time with Maleketh after he took the throne However pre ET games just takes a little more tact and decisive action, so until next time "I'll be back"

That's the spirit Mark!

ghengiskickbuttalot wrote:With a bit of luck we won't be pitted against each other... more than once!

I actually had to play the same guy twice at a tournament in 2015.
www.ulthuan.net

Multi-system forum.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:21 pm

It's not me who's running Storm Over Stirling anymore (although I am playing in it) but it is still 8th edition and the sign up thread is here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=136201&p=1594352#p1594352

KevinC
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby KevinC » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:10 pm

We are excited to announce registration is now open for the 2017 Da Boyz Grand Tournament and Gaming Weekend. Da Boyz will be held on the weekend of November 17th-19th at the RIT Inn and Conference Center in Rochester New York. This three-day gaming extravaganza features multiple gaming systems and formats. This year we will be hosting multiple events in the Warhammer 40K, Age of Sigmar, WFB 8th Edition, Blood Bowl, and the 9th Age systems. We will host a Friday Blood and Plunder demonstration event as well. We are working to add additional systems as well.

Registration and information on specific events are available at www.daboyzgt.com

Please note players may compete in our Best Table contest by providing a tables worth of terrain. If you are interested in competing in this terrain contest please email us.

Venue Information: We are now located at the RIT Inn and Conference center in Rochester NY. A full service hotel with on site restaurants, and bar the Inn is located within a few miles of a wide range of eating and shopping options. Please register under the Da Boyz block. Please note the RIT Inn is NOT at the RIT college campus please be smart when programming your GPS! www.rit.edu/ritinn/

Questions –
contact us at: daboyzrocgt@gmail.com

Important note on Email: In the subject line please indicate if you are writing about 40K/9th Age/AoS etc and Singles/Doubles and then your question/concern. In past years we had over 200 army lists and a similar number of questions sent to a shared email address. It wasn’t easy to keep track of it all. Help us out by titling carefully!

Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Da-Boyz-Gt/10629 ... 91?fref=ts

Twitter hashtag #DaBoyzGT @khornelord
Common Goblins iz da best!

Download the free O&G supplement, WARHAMMER: GROM at:http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=128855

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy”