Dark Elves 8th Edition rule clarification

This is for all your Warhammer talk

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

Azazael3
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Dark Elves 8th Edition rule clarification

Postby Azazael3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Help anyone! I'm new to Warhammer Fantasy Battle and wanted to clarify something Dark Elf related.

I have read in posts online that:

1. Dark Shard crossbowmen have armour piercing shots.

2. That a -1 penalty is incurred if they fire off both shots with repeater X-bows

I can't find these items anywhere in the rulebook or the dark elves Armies book about this. Can anyone clarify this or tell me where I can find these rules?

Also, if there's a better place to post this; please let me know (just signed up today, so am a noob to this forum).

Cheers

Gaz Taylor
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Dark Elves 8th Edition rule clarification

Postby Gaz Taylor » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi

It's been a while since I have played 8th edition, so take this with a pinch of salt....

Azazael3 wrote:1. Dark Shard crossbowmen have armour piercing shots.

Assuming you have the hardback Dark Elf book (the last 8th edition book for Dark Elves), it's in the profile for Crossbows on page 34.

2. That a -1 penalty is incurred if they fire off both shots with repeater X-bows

Again, on page 34 the crossbow rules have Multiple Shots rule which means they have this penalty.

Hope this helps. Also I have moved this to the part of the forum which you may get answers to about this.

Phil Rossiter

Re: Dark Elves 8th Edition rule clarification

Postby Phil Rossiter » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 pm

What Gaz said.

Armour Piercing and Multiple Shots are Special Rules on pages 67 and 73 respectively of the main rulebook.
www.ulthuan.net

Multi-system forum.

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy”