Table Sizes?

This is for all your Warhammer talk

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

INGZI
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Table Sizes?

Postby INGZI » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:17 pm

So I've built a table in 4 2'x4' segments. I tend to use 4' square for 500pt battles n 6'x4' for up to 3k. When I was young all tables were 8'x4'... so I'm wondering what others do now in general. Are there rules of thumb for points n table size? I like bigger as it means war machines aren't always in range...

dragonseyez

Re: Table Sizes?

Postby dragonseyez » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Anywhere I've played, you're usually comfortable with 6x4 for anything up 3000pts - 4x4 if you're pushed for space, but best at 1800pts or below...

Really it depends on space available (I'm in the UK, our houses are smaller than most), and how many toys you want to bring!
My occasional hobby bloggings:
http://dragonsize.blogspot.co.uk/

INGZI

Postby INGZI » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Number of toys varies quite a bit as I generally play with orcs/goblins or high elves. I've 3k armies but enough models to field 6k of each and I'm hoping to finish painting over the next 3 to 4 years (yes I'm very slow). So I'm hoping for some epic battles in the future. Also I just bought a 6k demon army :) So congestion can be an issue for the orcs/goblins plus faster moving units such as flanking cavalry benefit from some more space...

dragonseyez

Postby dragonseyez » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Aye, no real rules governing the size, so it'll be how much space you have available (and how much walking/stretching around the table you want to be doing) - personally 6x4 is enough for most 1-on-1 games, even if it's a little cramped at 3000pts and above, and my spare room won't fit any bigger a table...

Hope that helps!
My occasional hobby bloggings:
http://dragonsize.blogspot.co.uk/

zedeyejoe

Postby zedeyejoe » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Standard for me is 6x4. Which I can just about do at home.

TinyLegions

Postby TinyLegions » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:58 am

It's all contingent on the size of the game for me. For the most part it is 6X4 which is pretty standard, that is for army size of 3K or under. However I have been on tables that were significantly larger, which were multi, player games. I tend to think that once you get to a table of 8X12 you can't really reach the center of the table. On a different note, I hosted a multi-player game where there were three tables that were "Linked" in that a certain portion of the table a unit can move off of, and be on a different table.

tenpole

Postby tenpole » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:30 pm

Whatever the dining room table size is. You just have to play with what you have got!

Return to “Warhammer Fantasy”