Mercenary player needs help. 2* 50 points

Big beasties or steam powered robots? Axe to mouth baby!

Moderators: Tommm, Keepers of the Peace

Diablo_DF
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Mercenary player needs help. 2* 50 points

Postby Diablo_DF » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:05 pm

I really hope this subsection is more than a market place and someone can help me out.

I'm a total noob. I've got about 9 games in so far, all with ashlynn and want to expand my collection to 2 "tourney-style" 50 points lists, that ideally should be able to cope with everything the current meta can throw at me. I don't want a colossal as of now. This is what I've come up with so far:

List 1 (Anti-Armour/Collossal drop):
50/ 50

Tactics: Move forward and smash things in melee. Madelyn and Anastacia will hopefully help my slow footsloggers get there faster.Tried to cramp in as many weapon masters as possible. Damiano because of his feat mostly, although his spell list is nice as well.

>Captain Damiano 6 PC
>* Nomad 6 PC

>Press Gangers (10 models) 6 PC
>Press Gangers (10 models) 6 PC
>First Mate Hawk 2 PC

>Precursor Knights (10 models) 8 PC
>* Precursor Knight Officer & Standard 2 PC

>Horgenhold Forge Guard (10 models) 8 PC
>Horgenhold Forge Guard (10 models) 8 PC

>Lanyssa Ryssyll, Nyss Sorceress 2 PC
>Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan 2 PC
>Anastasia di Bray 2 PC
>Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord 2 PC
>Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist 2 PC

I could go for Fiona instead of Damiano and Long gunner instead of Precursors. Probably not the best idea, I just really like Fionas unconventional spell list.

List 2 (Anti-dudespam/cryx/Menoth, Khador and so on..I guess)
50/ 50
Tactics: ~ What I've been playing so far only without the TAC and with more solos/ forge guard. Play slow ranged attrition. Try not to loose on scenario. Try not too loose on assassination. Force opponent into making mistakes. Also Def-skew. I included the TAC not only because of the clouds but also to strengthen my ranged game. Piper is in list1, so no path finder. :/

>Ashlynn d'Elyse 6 PC
>* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker 2 PC
>* Rocinante 9 PC

>Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers 6 PC
>* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer 2 PC

>Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (10 models) 10 PC

>Tactical Arcanist Corps 4 PC
>Tactical Arcanist Corps 4 PC

>Lady Aiyana & Master Holt 4 PC

>Horgenhold Forge Guard (6 models) 5 PC

>Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile 2 PC

>Gastone Crosse 3 PC
>* Vanguard (Gastone Crosse) 4 PC

>Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator 1 PC

Could drop Gastone + Vanguard + Reinhold for a Mule on the gun mages. Probably not worth it (8 pts for a gun plattform that can't do anything else).

Thoughts? :)

Prophaniti

Re: Mercenary player needs help. 2* 50 points

Postby Prophaniti » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm a fellow merc player and I've always had trouble dealing with colossals. I'm not sure your Damiano list will make it to combat with a colossal without getting shot to pieces.

The times I have beaten a colossal army have been when I've bypassed it to get to the caster. Taryn may help you there.

There was one time when an opponent let me dump 12 focus over 2 turns into Jackhammering a Prime Axiom to death with a Mangler, but that's too strange to count for anything.
'Therefore only the element of chance is needed to make war a gamble, and that element is never absent.' -VonClausewitz, On War, book 1, chapter 1, part 20

Return to “Privateer Press Games”