All plastic army?

Big beasties or steam powered robots? Axe to mouth baby!

Moderators: Tommm, Keepers of the Peace

Gojira
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

All plastic army?

Postby Gojira » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:03 am

Can many of the WM factions do an all plastic army that is also competitive? For reals competitive if you get what I mean. Oh and the 'plastic' listed on the site for some stuff, is that the restic stuff that needs super glue like when jacks came out in 'plastic' the first time? Thank you.
-Beastmen - Probably the best army in the world.
- Team Ireland, Extremely Tainted Cashflow 2015, Prague.

Falkman

Re: All plastic army?

Postby Falkman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:17 pm

No, so far at least a few key pieces for each army are in metal, and unlikely to change anytime soon. New solos and smaller units are still being released in metal.
The only plastic models so far that are not "restic" are the Convergence battle engine and the new Cygnar jack kit for the Stormclad/Reliant.
If materials (GW-style plastics) are a make or break-deal for you then PP models will probably disappoint you for several years still.
I say this as a huge fan of PP, so it doesn't come off as me hating on them. It's simply a fact that their choice of materials is not up to par with some other gaming companies.

Gojira

Postby Gojira » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Ok thanks for the honest answers, much appreciated. I'll probably still give this another go anyway. I can always just keep a small list or two worth of Khador or something. Just didn't really enjoy working with their 'plastic' jacks, and I've never like metal.
-Beastmen - Probably the best army in the world.
- Team Ireland, Extremely Tainted Cashflow 2015, Prague.

Shonkhor

Postby Shonkhor » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 am

The closest you might get is to pick up Cephalyx. If you can get their all-in-one bundle then it is very good value, both Cephalyx casters can be competitive, and almost all of it is in plastic(restic) apart from a few solos. The quality of the castings is much better than the Convergence stuff, which is the other faction that has majority plastic stuff.

Return to “Privateer Press Games”