Hordes: Best faction for pigs/gators?

Big beasties or steam powered robots? Axe to mouth baby!

Moderators: Tommm, Keepers of the Peace

GraaEminense
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Hordes: Best faction for pigs/gators?

Postby GraaEminense » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 am

Work is slowly progressing on my Menites, but the lure of Hordes is becoming stronger -not least because I play more against them than other Warmachine factions right now, and the whole Fury thing just feels so unfair. I got Rorsh&Brine to get in on that, but I´ve found they don´t mesh too well with the Menites (they really like in-faction support).

So I´m considering a Horde faction side project. None of the main factions appeal to me but pigs and gators do. I want to try running a list that mixes both minion factions: That means I´ll need a non-minion warlock who can have a bunch of pigs and a bunch of gators -probably including Rorsh and Wrong-Eye.

So, anyone have an idea on which Hordes faction could best run a warlock with minimal in-faction support and mostly minions? Is it feasible at all?

S'tan

Re: Hordes: Best faction for pigs/gators?

Postby S'tan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Skorne seems like a good bet. Task master ftw.

[AUT]Ruffy
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby [AUT]Ruffy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:29 am

Skorne is the way to go, but all Hordes Factions get more out of the Gator side of Minions. Rorsh & Brine can be good with pMorghoul, but he'll also want to field Skorne heavies. Rasheth is great with Minions, especially in tier (also wants Skorne heavies though), but doesn't necessarily have to go tier (lesser Warlocks wouldn't be allowed).

GraaEminense

Postby GraaEminense » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:39 pm

Interesting. I´ll give Skorne a closer look.

I´m hoping for a way to have at most warlock, a couple of beasts and a couple of solos in-faction (the fewer the better). I´m guessing two gator posses are almost mandatory, anyway.

ResurrectioN

Postby ResurrectioN » Fri May 01, 2015 3:27 am

Dominar Rasheth with Gatormen and Slaughterhousers could be quite competitive but with FURY 8 he'll want a load of Titans and not lesser warlocks.
Considering what you'll spend, taking one or two warlocks from each of the minion pacts and having small Thornfall Alliance and Blindwater Congregation lists wouldn't cost much more.

Return to “Privateer Press Games”