Nottingham clubs?

Big beasties or steam powered robots? Axe to mouth baby!

Moderators: Tommm, Keepers of the Peace

ashmitch

Nottingham clubs?

Postby ashmitch » Mon May 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Are there any Nottingham gaming clubs? If so where are they and their address please.
Official complaints about a noisy tape measure - 1
Official creator and owner of the gotcha monster
Epic flails BIGGEST fan.

ork56
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Nottingham clubs?

Postby ork56 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Isn't there one in Lenton?

rwould

Postby rwould » Mon May 20, 2013 5:40 pm

There is an historical club on monday nights, not been down to it though. Board games on a Thursday but no minis players other than interest in Dreadball. And Hammer 'n'Ales in Hucknall but with no venue at the moment (hopefully getting sorted this week).

Smokephoenix

Postby Smokephoenix » Mon May 20, 2013 7:26 pm

If you are on the right side of the city you have the Loughborough Dice Devils.

strigoi

Postby strigoi » Thu May 23, 2013 6:55 am

If you can travel a little bit futher can join derby wargamers society (dws) you also get 10% off spirit games when you join. If interested as we have a few people who come from notts give me a pm.

Tommm

Postby Tommm » Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 am

Ash already goes to Derby (who're you?).

adlard.matthew
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Postby adlard.matthew » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:51 pm

New Nottingham Club,

Operating out of the Ned Ludd Pub, Centre of Nottingham, Friar lane

9th June 2015 6-30 7pm Onwards

Ok its a long title but we are looking for crazy survivalists or undead brain eating gourmets... if you are up for some Zombie Loving fun (No sorry that's a very wrong thing to say)..... Please come along....bring a friend or a mortal enemy either way its all food for thought.....

https://www.facebook.com/events/1584158325205227/

S'tan

Postby S'tan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:09 pm

Having moved to Nott'm half a year ago (give or take), I was asking myself the same question mate. Here's what I've found:

1. Wednesdays is War and Peace gaming night (Long Eaton): https://wapgamesclub.wordpress.com/

It's mostly 3-4 newer guys playing 15-25 pts but a couple of us (more competitive dudes) have been talking about starting frequeting it. I've seen 5ish guys playing 50pts there a few times but as said, it may become slightly more organized in the near future.

2. There's Sanctuary Gaming slightly north: http://sanctuarygamingcentre.co.uk/events/

Another church, I've only been there once so far (and even that was a tourney) so I can't comment on players that frequent the venue but I can tell you the venue itself is BOSS. About 2 weeks from now is FFD2 so...yeah.

3. I've visited Derby Wargames Society and got the feeling (and was told) it's not very big on Warmachine, people mostly seemed to play homebrew Star Wars games? I may be unfair but the first thing I was told when I walked through the door was ''we are not competitive players'' and ''we had a couple of warmachine players but they were basically all arseholes'' so that was kindda it for me lol.

4. There's also Outpost in Sheffield about an hour drive north (will be less when they finish with repairs on the M1) and it is ...well AWESOME is the only word that does it any justice imo. If I had one complaint it would be there are no chairs next to tables but that's nitpicking. Best FLGS I've ever been to, great staff, players are amazing (and what, 5 or 6 out of 10 English WTC players hail from that one store?), friendly and you'll learn a lot playing there. I love that place so much.

That's what I've visited so far. Drop me a PM if you wanna play a game or two, I'm sure we could find a nice cozy (church) for it. :D

Edit: This is all Warmachine and Hordes btw. Given the thread is posted in the PP section, I take it that's what you were after.

Vivi

Postby Vivi » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:46 pm

S'tan wrote:3. I've visited Derby Wargames Society and got the feeling (and was told) it's not very big on Warmachine, people mostly seemed to play homebrew Star Wars games? I may be unfair but the first thing I was told when I walked through the door was ''we are not competitive players'' and ''we had a couple of warmachine players but they were basically all arseholes'' so that was kindda it for me lol.

They love us really!
Follow me on Twitter @LiamCJordan

S'tan

Postby S'tan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:24 am

Oh I meant no offence, just describing my experience. :)

To be honest they seem like a very nice and friendly lot but the games they played and the way they did it differ from what I'm looking for 100%. Still, to each his own. So is there anything WarmaHordes related going on in Derby? I was actively looking for gaming groups a couple of months back but I've kind of settled with W&P, Outpost and possibly Sanctuary. Derby's quite close and I'm always up for meeing new WMH players so if anyone's up for a game, give me a nudge.

Cheers, S

danger rat

Postby danger rat » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:11 am

ork56 wrote:Isn't there one in Lenton?

There was until GW changed the opening times we are moving to the white hart from next wednesday just down the road from GW its mostly Blood Bowl and board games now though. (1st Company Vets) Though that might change now we've escaped GW!
12) Bruce Springsteen; Khador

MattOakley

Postby MattOakley » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Each of the gaming venues has a facebook group, but would it be worth setting one up specifically for East Midlands warmachine players to arrange games.

I've got over my short lived boredom of the game and it would be nice to get something more regular going
PM4life Wolfpack of Alpha Males - Lupine Strike Force!

Smokephoenix

Postby Smokephoenix » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:57 am

Leicester isn't a long way from most of these places either.

adlard.matthew

Postby adlard.matthew » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Gary the guy that runs the Nottingham games club with no name, https://www.facebook.com/groups/386686618146686/
suggested doing the same thing so that we can get more Nottingham gamers mixing and gaming together in club or without.

The good thing about this game is that it does not require many figures and and looks good on a table.

It is also of interest to a few people and it is one of those games that others like ones self are interested in doing but if you cannot find opponents then it is just a pipe dream.

Next events,
June 23rd Tuesday,
July
7th Tuesday
22nd Wednesday

August
4th Tuesday
19th Wednesday

September
1st Tuesday
Last edited by adlard.matthew on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gungr

Postby Gungr » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:07 pm

I spoke with a few of the guys at the Nottingham Club With No Name (brilliant bunch of dudes) last tuesday. Quite a few have got Warmahordes models and seemed interested in playing but had no opponents. Myself, my girlfriend and a mate are going to start collecting/playing, so I'm hoping to get a few low point games together.

If you want to chat, PM me and we'll take it to facebook.

Ben Curry
ETC Chairman

Postby Ben Curry » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:58 am

There are these guys in notts too - https://www.facebook.com/FriendlyAssoci ... ghamGamers

Never been so don't know what they are like.

S'tan wrote:
3. I've visited Derby Wargames Society and got the feeling (and was told) it's not very big on Warmachine, people mostly seemed to play homebrew Star Wars games? I may be unfair but the first thing I was told when I walked through the door was ''we are not competitive players'' and ''we had a couple of warmachine players but they were basically all arseholes'' so that was kindda it for me lol.

I reckon most of the derby Warmachine players will freely admit that they are indeed arseholes ;)

Seriously though, I am surprised you got this attitude from one of the DWS club. Do you know the guys name or remember what he looked like?

There used to be a regular group that played at DWS but i'm not sure why or when they stopped playing there.

adlard.matthew

Postby adlard.matthew » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Nottingham Centre Gaming

Located in the Centre of Nottingham 'In a pub!' The Ned Ludd, the club aims to bring together Wargaming, Tabletop game and Board Gamers for regular gaming happenings. And The Boat and Horses pub in Beeston, Alternative weeks at either.

All gamers are invited and it is intended to bring together gamers of al backgrounds to enjoy a regular night of gaming.

Games seen running have been, X-Wing, Oldhammer Dark Future and Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Ed, Necromunda (looking to run regular campaigns,), Space Crusade, Board games, Story telling Board games, Munchkin Chuthlu, and others.

We are looking for more games to be played and also the prospect of getting more campaigns going, with an eye to Warhammer games like BloodBowl, Necromunda, Mantic games - Deadzone, Dreadball, Bloodbowl, Avatars of War, Warlord games like Gates of Antares, Bolt Action etc, Card games, Blood Bowl, you game it well come and run it.

Entry is only £5 which get you a free drink and located in a friendly environment,

Easy access, with the main Tram stop just down the road, about 1 Minute away, and regular buses stopping outside.

If your a gamer what are you waiting for.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/386686618146686/

#wargaming #gaming #tabletop #Dice #Dreadball #Deadzone #Necromunda #Mantic #Nottingham #Warlord #Boardgame #cardgame #Oldhammer #Wargames #Bloodbowl

https://www.facebook.com/groups/386686618146686/

Return to “Privateer Press Games”