silly noob question on rules

Discuss the game from Mantic here

Moderators: Lord Marcus, Baragash, Keepers of the Peace

kenneth mcgrew
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

silly noob question on rules

Postby kenneth mcgrew » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 pm

so im an old GW hack and i just picked up some KoW and i dont get how the damage works.

so say i have a squad of 20, will they "die" when they rout, and only when they rout , or when they receive 20 damage? because theoretically if they roll snake eyes they will not rout?

also i guess this is the case for heros because they dont have "Wounds" but just remain on the board until they rout?

is that right or am i missing a wound / damage stat somewhere because im a little lost in this respect?

thanks

Nibbles

Re: silly noob question on rules

Postby Nibbles » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Welcome to KoW!

Yes, units are removed from the table only when they rout, and if your opponent keeps on rolling those double 1's for that test, your unit does not get removed. I have once inflicted 28 damage on a unit which had a rout value of 20, without wiping them out. :)

The only thing which matters is the Rout value, regardless how how many models are in the unit, since individual models are not removed as casualties at any point.
I do respect your opinions even when I do not state so, we are all free to disagree and agree here. And I certainly do not assume that my ideas about the rules would be the only proper ones. We all have our own ways for playing these games and that is fine.

kenneth mcgrew

Re: silly noob question on rules

Postby kenneth mcgrew » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Awesome thanks

Just got my lad into wargames and dusted off the old figures in the loft after he loves hero quest, played the new war hammer fantasy in the gw shop but was disappointed and my lad was just confused about it, we get kow though it's simple and looks like the fantasy game I used to love without the dangled nonsense gw like to add

Return to “Kings of War”