New to KOW

Discuss the game from Mantic here

Moderators: Lord Marcus, Baragash, Keepers of the Peace

Skull&Bones
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

New to KOW

Postby Skull&Bones » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:04 am

Hello all, I'm new to the forums, browsed many times but thought I should actually join up. Started WHFB back in between 4th-5th edition, left at 6th and came back to find the End Times (quite literally), then discovered Kings of War, a similar tale you've no doubt heard from others.

I've recently managed to pick up the rulebook & uncharted Empires, which I'm going through at the moment. I've got a few questions to ask, if some of you could lend a helping hand!

Which race is best suited to the Empire and/or Bretonnian? I have a small army of each (which I plan to expand), or is there an army that could combine the both?

Also, I have a large Orcs & Goblins army, you probably get this question a lot, but I've noticed they are separate in KOW, can I happily mix between them? Or are they separate armies now?

Thanks for your time.
DC

Swordmaster
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: New to KOW

Postby Swordmaster » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Skull&Bones,

Just quick answers for now but I will be happy to elaborate more if you require.

From my own observations, Empire usually transfers nicely to KoW in the form of Kingdoms of Man or Leagues of Rhordia. Brotherhood is considered to be the closest to Bretonnia.

Orcs and Goblins are indeed separate armies but in KoW there is a way to compose your armies with Allies. Hence, it is very easy to create Orcs & Goblins or Goblins & Orcs armies.

In fact, you can use that to a great effect to add more personal touch to your "Empire" army too. For example, I have recently played against Kingdoms of Men army with an allied contingent of Forces of Basilea.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Blog: Path of an Outcast

Follow me @SwordOfHoeth

Battle Log with shortcuts to Battle Reports: HE MSU
Article on HE MSU: HE MSU - Observations
Rate my Battle Reports at: Sigmar's Fantasy Battles

Rabidnid wrote:Are you seriously asking someone called Swordmaster of Hoeth why he has more swordmasters than white lions? Really?

Skull&Bones

Postby Skull&Bones » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Thanks for replying, I like the allied idea, so I will have a look into it. Going to have my first couple of games soon, looking forward to finally giving it a go.

Dan

Skull&Bones

Postby Skull&Bones » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:53 pm

Another separate question if anyone reading could help, does anyone have any comparisons between the sizes of Lower Abyssals v Khorne Bloodletters & Succubi V Deamonettes? Pictures if possible if not then personal observations etc would be great. Reason being I could use them in WHFB and then in KOW, I think they seem a good alternative and a great price when compared to GW prices (especially now square bases have been banished), I haven't seen them in the flesh, so deciding which way to go!

Thanks,
Dan.

Return to “Kings of War”