Another KoW Report

Discuss the game from Mantic here

Moderators: Lord Marcus, Baragash, Keepers of the Peace

AKI
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Another KoW Report

Postby AKI » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:22 am

2000pts Orcs n Goblins versus Kingdom of Men with Ogre Allies. Playing the Invasion scenario.

In short luck betrayed the Menfolk, and despite huge losses the Orcs were able to claim victory at the end of six turns. A full report can be found on my blog:

http://toomuchlead.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/kings-of-war-on-home-front.html

This was my slowest ever game of KoW, but that was mainly due to teaching a new player with no experience of figure games in 20 or so years. Nevertheless he grasped the rules quickly in a way 8th ed. couldn't have managed with such large forces on table...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Check out my Blog - http://toomuchlead.blogspot.com/ - all sorts of wargaming stuff!

Nibbles
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Another KoW Report

Postby Nibbles » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Thatch roofed lil' houses. <3

That's something you don't see in AoS since in that game there's only eternal war and no one actually lives anywhere, farms would be silly because of course no one needs to eat anything either.

Anyways, game looks nice, I can't wait to get to my first ever tournament of KoW, it's this saturday already! :)
I do respect your opinions even when I do not state so, we are all free to disagree and agree here. And I certainly do not assume that my ideas about the rules would be the only proper ones. We all have our own ways for playing these games and that is fine.

Frederique
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Another KoW Report

Postby Frederique » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Nibbles wrote: no one actually lives anywhere, farms would be silly because of course no one needs to eat anything either.
I Lol'ed :)

Nibbles wrote:Anyways, game looks nice, I can't wait to get to my first ever tournament of KoW, it's this saturday already! :)

Cool, we have our first here in Oslo this saturday as well.
Fred

2013-2015 WHFB ETC Head Ref & FAQ team
2015- KOW player

Return to “Kings of War”