KOW ETC ? ideas and proposals

Discuss the game from Mantic here

Moderators: Lord Marcus, Baragash, Keepers of the Peace

Gojira
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: KOW ETC ? ideas and proposals

Postby Gojira » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:44 pm

phierlihy wrote:So count up the points won/lost instead of doing straight win/loss and you're done. Or you could change the format - play four games per day instead of two round robin style. I'm not sure cramming what worked in Warhammer into KoW is going to make your games better. Maybe the key is to start over and come up with a different tournament setup?

I'm not sure anyone here wants the warhammer way anyhow. We might have switched over looking for something warhammery but realised it's its own thing and that's good!
-Beastmen - Probably the best army in the world.
- Team Ireland, Extremely Tainted Cashflow 2015, Prague.

Nibbles

Postby Nibbles » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Darklord wrote:Mantic already has a tournament scoring system for KoW which works fine, so that would probably be ideal.

Daniel.

This indeed seems like a nice, working system. I agree with Daniel.
I do respect your opinions even when I do not state so, we are all free to disagree and agree here. And I certainly do not assume that my ideas about the rules would be the only proper ones. We all have our own ways for playing these games and that is fine.

Grim1

Postby Grim1 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:40 am

An alternative to the points difference sliding scale could be to use the scenario to award points to each player and hence each team.
eg in the kill scenario, for each 250 pts taken give 1pt to the player. this could lead to scores of 1-1, 2-2, 3-3.... 8-8. for a draw but the score reflects the how successfully that they killed the enemy and therefore met the success criteria.
similar with pillage, dominate, invade etc. giving tournament points for the teams for each objective held.

KOW is a different game, and ETC would probably benefit more, if they adopted it in such a way, than if they tried to squeeze it into existing warhammer shaped scoring systems.

just my thoughts.
when he ain't lying to you, Grim1 is the most honourable guy you'll ever meet.

my feedback thread; viewtopic.php?f=68&t=118970

Return to “Kings of War”