Help needed Essay template in the form of warhammer strategy

This is for rules development, house rules and the like

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

MysticalMamba

Help needed Essay template in the form of warhammer strategy

Postby MysticalMamba » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Ok, I don't play warhammer - (although every male in my family does)
I'm a teacher, and I have a very bright student who struggles with structuring essays - I figure that he must be good at strategy and tactics if he's a keen warhammer player - but how can I combine the two?

Do any of you lovely chaps have a template for a battle strategy (tabletop or RPG) that I could tinker with in order to turn it into a strategy for writing an essay? You would be most awesome!

Thank you
xxxx

Halldorben
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Re: Help needed Essay template in the form of warhammer strategy

Postby Halldorben » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 am

Advice for him: Pick an interesting subject to write about.

Nothing more to it.
Halfling Hot Pot: the last, best hope for peace.

subversive
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Postby subversive » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:43 am

Battle Reports (regularly found in White Dwarf magazine and other publications) have a fairly standard format, but I'm not sure that's what you're after. You say "turn it into a strategy for writing an essay." I'm not sure if that would make any sense - there aren't really any kinds of formal ways of presenting a strategy for Warhammer. It tends to be a more narrative structure. Example:

I'll deploy my Chosen Chaos Warriors (very tough, hard hitting and hard to kill unit) in the center of the board in order to maximize their ability to reach any part of the table they're needed.
I'll deploy my knights on a flank to perform a sweep across the board to support my mainstay combat units.
Well, my plan went to hell in a handbasket, as my opponent tied up my Chosen and knights with chaff units all game while mopping up the rest of my army.

A typical Warhammer player will be able to look at those statements (along with some other details, such as the opponent's army) and piece together a vague idea of what transpired during the battle.

You can look at the rulebook to get an idea of how the game progresses - it's broken up into turns, and the turns into phases, and the phases into steps. That could potentially yield a parallel for a "strategy for writing an essay," where you lay out the steps in the process: posit thesis, research, note taking/outlining, check thesis, writing, proof reading, etc.

berthanz

Postby berthanz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 am

I guess it too. Much better if we would consult or take the advice of an essay writing company.

ambercarlson

Postby ambercarlson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 am

i read above posts.these are really interesting and informative,if someone needs help for admission essay, should come here to increase his knowledge.actually i was looking for some information regarding the latest updates but i couldn't find so .but i went through your comments that was tremendous.

zedeyejoe

Postby zedeyejoe » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:13 am

Essay templates seem to be about a writing plan rather than a specific subject.

So here is one
ergo.slv.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/essay_plan.doc

So here is an idea for a Warahammer subject: How to win at Warhammmer

Now the basis is that it is an equal points game, in theory giving both sides an equal advantage. But a good player can find particular strengths in their army, giving more bang for the buck. So the writer will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the game and an explanation of particular aspects of it to the reader.

Return to “The Workshop”