Emperor drawing

This is for rules development, house rules and the like

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

driveskull
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Emperor drawing

Postby driveskull » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:34 pm

Hello. So i was not able to find correct subforum for this kind of work, but i think this one is best suited to it. If i made a mistake don't be angry :D
I want to show you our latest creation : Emperor from Warhammer. We are not Warhammer lore specs so if we made any mistakes we are sorry. Everything done with only colored pencils. Drawing took around 20h on A3 size.
More you can find here : https://www.facebook.com/Blondynkitezgraja
www.blondynkitezgraja.pl Blog about games and drawing

AlectoVonCarstein

Re: Emperor drawing

Postby AlectoVonCarstein » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:12 pm

An excellent drawing IMHO, I particularly like the sword, which I presume was inspired by the space hulk deathwing trailer?
If there is two things that bothers me (and this doesn't diminish the picture in any way) it's that the Inquisition wasn't a huge thing before the Emperor got permenantly wired to the golden throne, being only just founded near the end of the heresy. And that the Emperor would have been much larger than depicted (he would have been at least twice the size of the Inquisitor he is with.
But other than that, very impressive, a piece to be proud of.
Avast! Mortal! Fear my Elegance!

infyrana

Re: Emperor drawing

Postby infyrana » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:39 pm

Coloured Pencils ? Damn, that's nice!

Overall you've done an excellent job capturing the image with pencils! Looks like you've covered everything I wish I could do with paints - you've got depth, shading, light, great choice of colours, and an image that is as clear cut as you can get. Things I noticed that stand out beyond the 'fluffiness' would be the ladies jaw (right side as you look at pic), the Emp's hips sitting in the chair (tough to draw when we haven't an example of someone sitting down in a suit of Space Marine armour!), and the Emp's feet (which look like they are free floating given where the chair floor edge sits).

Return to “The Workshop”