Collating a list of 8.5/9th ed community efforts

This is for rules development, house rules and the like

Moderator: Keepers of the Peace

gommo
Anti-Spam Filter: No
Pick number 4 to enter: 4

Collating a list of 8.5/9th ed community efforts

Postby gommo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:03 am

I didn't want to derail the 9th age topic.

If you are aware of such efforts can you send me a message or post here. I'm collating a list and putting on a website.

Cheers

9th age - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129642

Gondarion
Pick number 4 to enter: 1

Re: Collating a list of 8.5/9th ed community efforts

Postby Gondarion » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:29 am

Cheers! I'll post some of mine, starting with pre-8th army books. Just sketched ideas, but I think they're good

Stated Goal: I don't really like the way Skaven function. That is, most of the army doesn't function at all except by depending on broken items/mechanics. I've been looking at putting together the Skaven I have (enough for an army) and in writing lists I'm struck by how much the army absolutely depends on the Warp Lightning Cannon and the Storm banner to deal with really big stuff. Thats no good. They need to be updated to 8th edition, fix/remove the broken stuff and improve/reprice the stuff that needs it. This is precarious, as without certain things the whole army threatens to collapse. Therefore, it needs to be done in concert. There is one other thing that bugs me about the current Skaven iteration. When I first started playing, it was abundantly emphasized that they were an aggressive army that couldn't afford to sit back, which fits their eager/malevolent nature. This isn't really how they function, and there is something just wrong with a horde army that sits back and shoots, unless they're conducting a siege. The attempt here is to remake the army into one which, while still heavily relying on magic+shooting, needs to swiftly advance and coordinate its weaponry, as nearly everything is short ranged. Additionally, there will be more combat capability throughout; although its not like Skaven will be combat masters, the improvements in the aggregate should make a big difference, and if not, more work needs to be done. Maybe there can be new units (I think the End Times Vermin Lord rules should be used, but I'm not sure of the Stormfiends, there is too much of a Skryre bias already).

-Slaves still 2 pts each, can only take slings+additional hand weapons, still expendable (you can direct fire into their combats). Changes: They can use the unmodified LD of the general or any other character remaining in your army regardless of range, but can never get re-rolls from the BSB, nor can they use Strength in Numbers.

-Clanrats are 5 points, come with shields, may have spears for free.

-Warplightning Cannon revised to be more like in 6th edition. Now works (something) like this: Can fire in two distinct ways: (1) Nominate direction, and because of size can fire above your (mansize) troops, although at its final destination point anything at that spot is hit. Distance covered is 4xartillery dice roll, and this roll is also its strength. (2) Nominate it to travel directly through the whole distance in a line, but if you do it will hit anything in the way, including your own troops. S2-6=d3 wounds. S8+=d6 wounds. Now counts as a chariot with M5, can move and fire.

-Rat Ogres 30 pts each. As is, except they can be bought upgrades. I'm think Armour piercing attacks (+3 pts per model); Swiftstride +4 points per model; 5+ regeneration +8 points per model

-I'm thinking End Time rules for Vermin Lords, replacing Skaven army book version (?)

-Assassin now 80 points, otherwise as is.

-Jezzails 16 points each

Scavenge Pile (Skaven Armoury)

Warpmusket 8 points: Warlock Engineer only. as is Tail Weapon 5 points lords/3 Points heroes:As is

Warplock Pistol 6 points: Warlock Engineer only. as is Shock Prod 5 points: Master Moulder only. As is

Things-Catcher 10 points : Master Moulder only: As is

Smoke Bombs 10 points: Assassin, gutter runner champ only. As is Plague Censer 16 pts: Plague Priest only. As is

Poisoned Weapons(name?) 10 points: as is

MAGIC ITEMS

Fellblade 100 pts: As is

Warpstone Stars 50 points. As is

Weeping Blade 30 pts: As is. Duplicable item: (Can only be taken once per character, but any number of them can be in an army)

Blade of Corruption 25 points: Poisoned attacks. For every unsaved wound caused by this blade, enemy model must pass a T test or suffer another wound with no AS allowed.

Warpstone Armour 20 pts: As is. Duplicable item. (Can be taken more than once in army, doesn't count towards 1 per category item allotment)

Rival Hid Talisman 15 pts: As is

Warpstone Tokens 10 pts: As now, duplicable item which unlike the other can be bought in multiples on the same character (as now).

Warp Energy Surger 20 pts: User may cast warp lighting on a 13+ 2d6 S5, but any role of 1-2 hits him (if he is alone) or his unit if not. Duplicable item.

Warp energy Accumulator 25 pts: +1 for each die used to cast Warp Lighting (?). Duplicable item.

Skavenbrew 50 points: As is

Brass Orb 50 points: As is

Skalm 30 pts: As is, except can also be administered to any Warlord or Grey Seer in B2B unless carried by a Grey Seer or Warlord.

Sacred standard of the Horned Rat 100 pts: Bearer and any unit he is with cause terror, are stubborn and immune to psychology. Any unit attempting to charge the bearer/his unit in the front must pass a LD testIn addition, any enemy unit with 12" is at -1LD at all times, except when attempting to rally, in which case it is-2.

Notes: Doomrocket and Storm banner, two of the most broken things in the list, are gone. Multiple items can be taken infinitely, due to the Skaven's abundance of warpstone. Notice how there are 13 items. Some others may be added to basic euqipment options.

Lore of Ruin

Signature: Skitterleap 7+: As is Lore Attribute ?

1. Warp Lightning 6+: as is. (signature for Warlock Engineers)

2. Scorch 7+/10+: Caster releases fire. Resolve as a S4 flaming breath weapon using small flame template at 7+, large at 10+. Can be used in combat, in which case smaller casting=d6 S4 hits, larger casting=2d6 S4. Units taking casualties from this spell must take a panic test.

3. Howling Warpgale 10+/20+: 24" radius. As is, except affected war machines may only fire on a 4+ and deduct -1 on any misfires. Flyers movement is halved, rounded down, but may still fly. 20+ is 48" radius.

4. Death Frenzy: 9+/12+: lower version as is, higher version adds+d3 movement.

5. Cracks Call 15+: As is (?)

6. Curse of the Horned Rat 25+: 24" every model in unit must test. on a 4+ (1W); 5+(2-3W) 6+ (4W+) model is removed as a casualty unless successful ward save passed (BotWD cannot be used as this isn't wounds). Any model on foot that fails test becomes clanrat if 1-2W; 1-2W Cavalry become giant rats. Rat Ogre if 3W; Bonebreaker is 4+W. Cannot be cast on flyers, artillery or chariots. If any model fails, replace those units with the appropriate Skaven (or proxy) and the unit counts as being in combat with those models until they/survivors die. If only transformed models remain, those models are a unit that you may use as any other, although they do not give up VP's.

Lore of Plague

Signature: Blessing of Nurglitch 6+: Bless with Filth, except can be cast multiple times on units to add +1 to poison rolls. Lore Attribute ?

1. Pestilent Breath 6+/9+: Small flame Template S2 no As, or at 9+ Large template S2 No AS. May be cast in combat, if so 6+=d6 S2 No AS, 9+=2d6s2 No AS. (Signature for Plague Priest)

2. Vermintide 7+/10+: As is, except at 10 pts all hits are poisoned.

3. ?

4. Wither 11+: As is, except counts as a spell effect even if it is permanent, so can be ended by effects such as Drain Magic.

5. The Green Death/Plague (?) 16+. All models within 12" (friend or foe, except the caster) must take a T test or suffer 1W no AS allowed. Wounds clan Pestilens models on a 6+.

6. The Red Pox 25+: ?

Gondarion

Postby Gondarion » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Beastmen ideas (Very rudimentary)

Goal: Beastmen should be an aggressive, combat-oriented guerrila assault force. They should make good use of Mobility, psychology and also cover, which they will have due to being able to have some form of skirmishing and move through most terrain without penalty. They will have bonuses based on when they charge, whether they're facing units with Forest Strider/Ranger type rules. They will have multiple ways to increase movement/re-roll charge+pursuit distances. They will keep Primal Fury rules, and have ways to ensure the best results. They will be able to mitigate their own psychology weaknesses, and cause problems in that area for the opponent. They will continue to have very good magic capability, which is important because the weaknesses will still be pronounced: little armour, meager shooting (no artillery), major potential problems with LD/psychology (but also potentially fixable). What they should have is many interesting and formidable monsters at a good price. Stuff in the Beastmen army should, with the exception of magic and Minotaurs, be noticeably affordable. They also need the Lore of the Wild to be much better and with cheaper casting values (or perhaps it could be abandoned altogether if it isn't competitive with beasts/shadows/death). I'm thinking partially like Lore of Beasts, but also with more movement+psychological effects and some direct damage, along with ability to boost/control (existent) large unridden monsters. Herdstone should remain, although there should be some connection to terrain, it should be placed randomly a la Acorn of the Ages. Bray Shaman should have access to Wild/Beasts/Death/Shadow/Fire, and Great Brays may take a chaos mark to access Tzeentch/Slaanesh/Nurgle. As for Magic Items, I still like my old idea for a variety of one-use Magic Horns, some of which can be carried by unit musicians, which have various effects (psychological, movement, combat etc).

After some thought, I came to the conclusion that the old 6th edition semi-skirmish rules should be brought back, but only for Gors; as cool as it is mixed unit is just too confusing and cumbersome. Different classes of Beastmen should be in separate units, and the army should have a "Size Matters" mechanic as with O+G. The similarities between the two armies are obvious, but Beastmen will be more focused on certain areas (less wackiness/versatility), have ties to Chaos and the uniques abilities with Skirmish/Ambush and terrain (connecting to Lore of the Wild). Finally, I came up with a new name: Bestigors are now called Ulgors. Less campy, and brings continuity (Ungors/Gors/Ulgors).

-Beastlord M5 WS6 BS4 S5 T4 W3 I6 A5 Ld9. Less tough than before, but with some new abilities. Any unit it joins has immune to psychology (?). The presence of a Beastlord should make it easier to coordinate attacks through ambushing.

-All Ungors are 4 pt skirmishers 8-16 unit size. The idea is that they lack discipline to rank up, and are afraid of fighting alongside their bigger cousins. Basically Goblin stats with M5, sword and shield, can exchange shield for javelin/short bow/additional hand weapon for free. Champion and musician upgrade only.

-Gors are a 1+ unit choice 15+ unit size. One out of every two units of Gors can ambush, but they might nor end up where you want/show up on time without certain characters/magic horns. They fight in a semi-skirmish formation, can get up to +2CR, can move/charge 360%, can always march. Should be cheap (i.e. 6 pts per model or so) now WS3, come with sword and shield, may trade shield for additional hand weapons or have spears for free (or maybe in addition so front ranks has 2A and back rank attacks with spears?). Can have up to 2 Berserkers, but must have at least 10 Gors for each.

Berserker: M2d6 WS3 BS0 S5 T4 W2 I4 AD6+1 LD5
Unbreakable, Forest Strider, Always Strikes First, Frenzy (included in Attacks profile), Hell Bent on Destruction. Two Hand Weapons (also included in A profile), light armour.

Hell Bent of Destruction: Automatically charges nearest enemy unit if it is within 12", even if this takes it out of unit. May always re-roll charge+Pursuit distance. In subsequent turns, if on its own, it will charge nearest enemy in 360% path.

Ulgors 11 pts. Same stats as now, can carry magic banner up to 50 pts. Should they be stubborn?

Mark of Khorne 30 pts (units)-Unit has Frenzy
Mark of Tzeentch 20 points: Unit gets 6+ ward, or +1 to existent ward save
Mark of Nurgle 15 points: Unit causes Fear
Mark of Slaanesh 15 points: Unit gains Immune to Psychology

Centigors M8 WS4 BS 4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 LD8
Spear, Javelin/throwing axe, Heavy Armour. Frenzy, Primal Fury, Forest Strider. Can upgrade to be ambushers. (Note: they should be Beastmen's version of WIld Riders. Not quite as good, but cheaper and can ambush.)

Minotaurs: As now but cheaper?

MAGIC ITEMS

Stonecrusher Mace 80 points: Confers +3S and inflicts d6 wounds per wounding hit. However, when in combat, wielder's Initiative is halved rounded down
Axes of khorgor (?) 50 points. Paired weapons. Wielder may re-roll all rolls to hit and wound

Brass Cleaver

Ramhorn Helm

Chalice of Black Rain

Horn of the Great Hunt (?)

Horn of the First Beast (?)

Hagtree Fetish

Jagged Dagger?

Beast Banner 55 points: as is

Notes: I love the idea of Magic horns being a major piece of making the army work, but I thought some shold be in the basic armour, whereas some could be in the Magic Items list. One thing about current Beastmen book is the magic items list is very characterful. As for the Herdstone, it should be a character upgrade a la Screaming Bell or Cauldron of Blood.

Logan054

Postby Logan054 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:44 pm

This is something I have been working on for my own use which I was going to use as a template for mono-god armies taking inspiration from the old HoC book and adding units I liked. I'm not going to say it's balanced yet, it's probably in the Alpha stages and is more what I feel is right.

Mark of Khorne:

Models with are subject to the frenzy Special Rule. In addition, any attempts to dispel an enemy spell that targets this model/unit, you receive one extra “free” dispel dice (not cumulative).

Daemon of Khorne

Daemons have magical attacks, cause fear, have a 5+ wardsave and the unstable special rule. In addition, any attempts to dispel an enemy spell that targets this model/unit, you receive one extra “free” dispel dice (not cumulative). Models with the daemon of Khorne may only join or be joined bu units with the daemon of Khorne rule.

Army Selection

If you General has the Mark of Khorne, then your core requirement may only be met by models with either the Mark of khorne or no mark (marauders or chaos hounds). If you General has the daemon of Khorne special rule, then your core requirement may only be met models with the daemon of Khorne rule.

Magic Items

Hellfire Sword – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Chaos Runeshield – 50pts
Magic Armour
Shield. Magical weapons in base to base contact with the wielder are negated and treated as if the mundane version of the weapon.

Chaos Runesword – 40pts
Magic Weapon
Hand Weapon. The wielder gains +1 Weapon skill, +1 Strength and +1 attack

Armour of Damnation – 30pts
Magic Armour
The armour of damnation counts as a suit of chaos armour. In addition, any model attacking the wearer in close combat must reroll successful rolls to hit. If the attacking model may reroll to hit, simply roll once.

Helm of Many Eyes – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Chalice of Chaos – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Banner of Rage – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Faithless Charm – See monsters Arcanum for details

Gifts of Khorne

Axe of Khorne – 65pts
Magic Weapon
Great Weapon. Attacks with the Axe of Khorne have the Heroic Killing Blow special rule. In addition, if the Axe of Khorne is wielded by a Bloodthirster of Khorne, attacks are made in initiative order

Collar of Khorne – See Warriors of chaos book

Blade of Blood – 45pts
Magic Weapon
See daemon of Chaos book for rules

Regeneration – 40pts
Talisman
The model has the regeneration special rule

Unholy Strikes – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Flaming Breath – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Spell Breaker - 30pts
See rules for Dispel scroll

Lesser Gift – See daemons of chaos Book for details

Ensorcelled Weapon - 20pts – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Scaled Skin – See Warriors of chaos book for details
Models with Mark of Khorne only

Acid Ichor – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Burning Body – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Soul Feeder – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Master of Mortals – 10pts
Daemon of Khorne Only
If the daemon is the army general, Core models with Mark of Khorne count towards your minimum core requirement instead of models with the daemon of Khorne rule

Lords

Chaos lord of Khorne 230pts

M:4 WS:8 BS:3 S:5 T:5 W:3 I:7 A:5(6) Ld:9

Equipment: Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour
Special Rules: Eye of the Gods, Mark of Khorne
Options:
- May take magic items worth to 100pts
- May take Gifts of Khorne worth up to 50pts
May choose to be armed with one of the following:
- Additional Hand Weapon 6pts
- Great Weapon 8pts
- Flail 6pts
- Halberd 8pts
- Lance 8pts
May take a Shield 5pts
May choose a mount

Daemon Prince of Khorne 240pts

M:4 WS:9 BS:3 S:6 T:5 W:4 I:8 A:5 Ld:9

Equipment: Hand Weapon
Special Rules: Daemon of Khorne, terror, large Target
Options:
- May take magic items worth to 25pts
- May take Gifts of Khorne worth up to 100pts
- May take Chaos Armour 20pts
- Daemonic Flight 40pts

Bloothirsters of Khorne 400pts

M:6 WS:10 BS:10 S:6 T:6 W:7 I:9 A:7 Ld:9

Equipment: Hand Weapon, Additional Hand Weapon, chaos Armour
Special Rules: Daemon of Khorne, Magic Resistance 2, Fly, Large Target, Terror
Options:
- May take Gifts of Khorne worth up to 100pts

Heroes

Exalted Hero 140pts

M:4 WS:7 BS:3 S:5 T:4 W:2 I:6 A:4(5) Ld:8

Equipment: Hand Weapon, Chaos Armour
Special Rules: Eye of the Gods, Mark of Khorne
Options:
- May take magic items worth to 50pts
- May take Gifts of Khorne worth up to 25pts
May choose to be armed with one of the following:
- Additional Hand Weapon 3pts
- Great Weapon 6pts
- Halberd 6pts
- Flail 5pts
May take a Shield 3pts
May choose a mount

Herald of Khorne 100pts

M:5 WS:7 BS:7 S:5 T:4 W:2 I:6 A:3 Ld:8

Equipment: Ensorcelled Blade
Special Rules: Daemon of Khorne, Scaly Skin (6+)
Options:
- May take Gifts of Khorne worth up to 50pts
May be upgraded with one of the following:
- Exalted Locus of Wrath 75pts
- Greater Locus of Fury 60pts
- Less Locus of Abjuration 30pts
May be mounted on a Juggernaut of Khorne 50pts

Core

Chaos Warriors of Khorne 12pts each

M:4 WS:5 BS:3 S:4 T:4 W:1 I:5 A:1(2) Ld:8

Unit Size: 10+
Equipment: Hand Weapon, heavy armour
Special Rules: Mark of Khorne, Eye of the God (Aspiring Champion only)
Options:
-May upgrade one Chaos Warrior to an Aspiring Champion 10pts
-May upgrade one Chaos Warrior to a standard bearer 10pts
-May upgrade one Chaos Warrior to a Musician 10pts
-The entire unit may take shields 1pts per model
The Entire unit may have one of the following:
- Halberds +3pts per model
- Great Weapons +2pts per model
- Additional Hand Weapons +1pts per model

Chaos Hounds 6pts each

M:7 WS:4 BS:0 S:3 T:3 W:1 I:4 A:1 Ld:5

Unit size: 5+
Options:
- The entire unit may be upgraded to have the vanguard special rule 2pts each

Marauder Horsemen of Khorne 16pts per model

M:4 WS:4 BS:3 S:4 T:3 W:1 I:3 A:1 Ld:7

Unit Size: 5+
Equipment: Hand Weapon, Warhorse
Special Rules: Fast Cavalry, Eye of the God (Chieftain only)
Options:
-May upgrade one Marauder to an Chieftain 10pts
-May upgrade one Marauder to a standard bearer 10pts
-May upgrade one Marauder to a Musician 10pts
- The entire unit may take shields 1pts per model
- The entire unit may take light armour 1pts per model (and lose the fast cavalry rule)
- Throwing Axes 2pts per model
- Javelins 1pts per model
- Flails 2pts per model
- Spears 1pts per model

Marauders of Khorne 7pts each

M:4 WS:4 BS:3 S:4 T:3 W:1 I:3 A:1 Ld:7

Equipment: Hand Weapon
Special Rules: Eye of the God (Chieftain only)
Options:
-May upgrade one Marauder to an Chieftain 10pts
-May upgrade one Marauder to a standard bearer 10pts
-May upgrade one Marauder to a Musician 10pts
- The entire unit may take shields 1pts per model
- The entire unit may take light armour 1pts per model
- Flails 1pts per model
- Great Weapons +2pts per model
- Additional Hand Weapons +1pts per model

Chaos Knights of Khorne: 35pts each

M:4 WS:5 BS:3 S:4 T:4 W:1 I:5 A:1(2) Ld:8

Equipment: Hand Weapon, heavy armour, Shield, Lance, Barded Chaos Steed
Options:
-May upgrade one Chaos Knight to an Aspiring Champion 10pts
-May upgrade one Chaos Knight to a Musician 10pts
-May upgrade Chaos Knight to a standard bearer 10pts

Bloodletters of Khorne 14pts each

M:5 WS:5 BS:3 S:4(5) T:3 W:1 I:4 A:1 Ld:7

Equipment: Ensorcelled Weapons
Special Rules: Daemon of Khorne, Scaly Skin (6+)

Options:
-May upgrade one Bloodletter to an Bloodreaper 10pts
-May upgrade one Bloodletter to a Musician 10pts
-May upgrade one Bloodletter to a standard bearer 10pts
-- May take a magic standard worth up to 25pts

Special

Chosen of Khorne 20pts each

M:4 WS:5 BS:3 S:4(5) T:4 W:1 I:5 A:2(3) Ld:8

Equipment: Ensorcelled Weapon, Chaos Armour, Shield
Options:
-May upgrade one Chosen to an Aspiring Champion 10pts
-May upgrade one Chosen to a Musician 10pts
-May upgrade one Chosen to a standard bearer 10pts
--May take a magical worth up to 50pts

Skullreapers of Khorne 45pts each

M:4 WS:6 BS:3 S:4 T:4 W:3 I:5 A:3(5) Ld:8

Unit Size: 3+
Equipment: Two Hand Weapons, Chaos armour
Special Rules: Mark of Khorne, Monstrous Support,
Eye of the God (Aspiring Champion only)
Options:
-May upgrade one Chaos Warrior to an Aspiring Champion 10pts
-May upgrade one Chaos Warrior to a standard bearer 10pts
-The entire unit may take a pair of Ensorcelled weapons 5pts per model

Chosen Knights of Khorne 50pts

M:4 WS:5 BS:3 S:4(5) T:4 W:1 I:5 A:2(3) Ld:8

Unit size: 4+
Equipment: Ensorcelled weapons, Chaos armour, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed
Special Rules: Mark of Khorne, fear, Eye of the God (Aspiring Champion only)
Options:
-May upgrade one Chosen Knight to an Aspiring Champion 10pts
-May upgrade one Chosen Knight to a Musician 10pts
-May upgrade Chosen Knight to a standard bearer 10pts

Chariot of Khorne 135pts

Chariot M:- WS:- BS:- S:5 T:5 W:4 I:- A:- Ld:-
Crew M:- WS:5 BS:3 S:4 T:- W:- I:5 A:2(3) Ld:8
Chaos Steed M:8 WS:3 BS:- S:4 T:- W:- I:3 A:1 Ld:-

Crew: 2 Chaos Warriors
Drawn by: 1 Juggernaut of Khorne
Equipment: Halberd, Chaos Armour, Scythes
Special Rules: Mark of Khorne

Flesh Hounds of Khorne

M:8 WS:5 BS:0 S:5 T:4 W:2 I:4 A:2 Ld:7 35pts each

Unit size: 5+
Equipment: Collar of Khorne
Special Rules: Daemon of Khorne, Scaly skin (6+)
Options:
The Entire unit may be upgraded with to have the ambusher’s special rule 3pts per model

Chimera – see Warriors of chaos book for rules and upgrades

Chaos Trolls

M:6 WS:3 BS:1 S:5 T:4 W:3 I:1 A:3 Ld:4

Unit size: 3+
Equipment: Hand weapon
Special Rules: Fear, Regeneration, Stupidity, troll vomit
Options:
The Entire unit may take additional Hand Weapons 3pts per model

Forsaken of Khorne – See Warriors of chaos book for details

Skins wolves of Khorne - See monsters Arcanum for details

Dragon Ogres 60pts each

M:7 WS:4 BS:2 S:5 T:5 W:4 I:2 A:3 Ld:8

Equipment: Hand weapon, light armour
Special Rules: Fear, Scaly Skin (5+) Stormrage
Options:
-May upgrade Dragon Ogre to a Dragon Ogre Shartak 10pts
- Halberds 8pts per model
- Great Weapons 8 pts per model
- Additional Hand Weapons 3pts per model

Furies of Khorne – See Daemons of Chaos book for rules and upgrades

Rare

Skullcrushers of Khorne 80pts each

M:4 WS:6 BS:3 S:4 T:4 W:1 I:5 A:2(3) Ld:8

Equipment: Lances, Chaos armour, Shield, Juggernaut of Khorne
Special Rules: Mark of Khorne (Riders), fear, Eye of the God (Aspiring Champion only), Magical attacks (juggernauts), Murderous charge (juggernauts)
Options:
-May upgrade one Skullcrusher to an Aspiring Champion 10pts
-May upgrade one Skullcrushers to a Musician 10pts
-May upgrade Skullcrushers to a standard bearer 10pts
The entire unit may take Ensorcelled weapons +5pts per model

Chaos Spawn of Khorne 65pts

M:2D6 WS:3 BS02 S:5 T:5 W:3 I:2 A:D6+1 Ld:10

Unit size: 1
Special Rules: Fear, Random attacks (D6+1), Random move (2D6), Unbreakable

Juggernaut Chariots 145pts

Chariot M:- WS:- BS:- S:5 T:5 W:6 I:- A:- Ld:-
Crew M:- WS:5 BS:3 S:4 T:- W:- I:5 A:2(3) Ld:8
Juggernaut M:7 WS:5 BS:- S:5 T:- W:- I:2 A:2 Ld:-

Crew: 2 Chaos Warriors
Drawn by: 1 Juggernaut of Khorne
Equipment: Halberd, Chaos Armour, Scythes
Special Rules: Fear, Mark of Khorne (crew), Magical attack (Juggernaut)

Skullcannon – See Daemons of Chaos book for rules

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth 220pts

M:7 WS:6 BS:2 S:6 T:6 W:6 I:4 A:6 Ld:9

Equipment: Hand weapon, light armour
Special Rules: Terror, Scaly Skin (5+) Stormrage, Large target, Immune to Psychology
Options:
May take one of the following:
- Great Weapon 12 pts
- Additional Hand Weapon 5pts

Wrathmongers – See Warhammer Archaon for Rules and upgrades
Special Rules: add Monstrous Support

Skin Wolf of Khorne Alpha 200pts

M:7 WS:6 BS:0 S:6 T:5 W:4 I:6 A:4(5) Ld:8

Special Rules: Terror, Regeneration (5+) & mark of Khorne
Troop Type: Monster

gommo

Postby gommo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:01 am

Cheers guys, I'm just slowly going through various topics and pasting the ideas into a wiki. Long way to go yet but no rush :) AoS will keep me busy in the meantime.
Let me know if you're keen to do some editing etc.. and I can get you access

http://wiki.9th-edition.org

jouso

Postby jouso » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:50 am

This guy made an 8.5 all by himself.

http://diegowar85.blogspot.com.es/

Spanish only, though. New units, point cost corrections, small rule fixes (BotWD costs 60points and gives just a 3+, for example, dreaded 13th toned down, etc.), classic named characters brought to 8.5 edition, etc.

Detailed allies and siege rules, fatigue rules and some general rule tweaks.

But still really, really close to 8th. Anyone with some Spanish skills should give it a go despite some over the top stuff (Grand Master riding a demigryph for 20 points might be a bit too much)
Last edited by jouso on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

arthain

Postby arthain » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 am

does King of War count as a 9th ed WHF? Does Warthrone? We all know those were created to compete with WHF :lol:
ETC 2013 FAQ, Referee
ETC 2014 FAQ, AR, Spanish Captain
ETC 2015 Chairman
ETC 2016 Chairman, Referee
ETC 2017 Referee

fritz1988

Postby fritz1988 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:02 pm

"Doomrocket and Storm banner, two of the most broken things in the list, are gone"...really? as a dedicated skaven player i have to disagree with you there, not to mention you kept warp lightning at 1d6 without the option of having an increased casting option for 2d6. i sense a skaven hater here

MightyM00se

Postby MightyM00se » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:32 am

Hi.

I'm a Bretonnian player, always have been and will continue to do so until my mini's break (since 1995).

To that end, i have been hoping the day would come that we would get our shiny new book to bring them into the bold world of the 8th edition and beyond. My hopes have been dashed (as we know, hope leads to heresy). As this here is a project, a living meta and rulebook that i am keen to be part of in both a fluff and competitive way i offer this submission to be added to the group - It has been the game designing of the last few weeks. it is far from finished.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj5cxqb28lyui ... 9.pdf?dl=0

Gondarion

Postby Gondarion » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:14 pm

fritz1988 wrote:"Doomrocket and Storm banner, two of the most broken things in the list, are gone"...really? as a dedicated skaven player i have to disagree with you there, not to mention you kept warp lightning at 1d6 without the option of having an increased casting option for 2d6. i sense a skaven hater here

There is a duplicable Arcane Item that allows for a 2d6 warp lighting. Besides, these are outlines not finished rules. I have a Skaven army I have yet to fully put together, so i don't hate them, but I think most would agree that those two items, or at least the Doomrocket, are broken. The storm banner belongs to an edition (7th) which had many things that automatically work, but that is not the way of 8th. There shouldn't be anything that automatically works and affects the whole battlefield with a major effect. Keeping a similar thing in the lore with Warpgale makes up for the loss. Also, it should be noted I wrote in improvements for Jezzails, rat ogres and assassins, along with some potentially nasty options such as poison in multiples.

olderplayer

Postby olderplayer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:26 am

There was a thread more than a year ago on Warseer, that went something like this, but:
# dice + D6 was the basis for the chart. I prefer to D6 as a bit more nuanced and reduced dimensional cascade risks.

11-12 Dimensional Cascade (1/3 chance with 6 dice and 1/6 chance with 5 dice)
10 Lose D3 levels and spells, lost concentration
9-10 Small template
8 S10 Hits all models in btb with wizard, lose D6 dice
7 Model takes S10 hit, lost D3 PD
6 Model takes S6 hit, lose D3 PD
5 Model takes S6 hit, no lost PD
3-4 caster simply loses concentration, cannot cast during phase

Cannons:
Pick a target. Scatter D3" (instead of rolling art dice) and then bounce 0" to 10" per the artillery dice roll. Strength. Re-roll ability on initial shot is changed to ignore misfire consequences on a 2+ and re-roll D3 dice (might have to reduce points values accordingly). Shot either hits character or mount, not both, for ridden monster and chariots. If terrain or models between target and shooting point is partially obscured, ignore direct hit on 4+ and scatter (if soft cover) or 5+ (if hard cover), or, alternatively, allow a 6+ cover save if soft cover or 5+ cover save if hard cover.

Forge

Postby Forge » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:04 pm

Another effort is warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot.se, by Mathias Eliasson. It should take a while (he's scheduled to first update Skaven and then Beastmen) but his 'WHFB 8.5 Edition' is already brainstorming (http://warhammerarmiesproject.blogspot. ... 85-ed.html).

Just to give a bit of background, Mathias's been developing unofficial army books for years now and his work is of high quality. He's published Kislev, Dwarfs of Chaos and Dogs of War - to name a few. Here's a 2013 interview he provided for http://battlereporter.blogspot.ca/2013/ ... igner.html

Pellegrim

Postby Pellegrim » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:21 pm

See, I thought 9th Age was a rebalancing effort, makimg comp-scoring obsolete. Now I hear it's not, and it's just a rule update. To me that put's 9th Age at the level as other updates. And I can only plead: please work together!!!!!!!

Return to “The Workshop”